Quantcast

new guy from CO...

just thought id drop a line to say hey to everyone...im 30 from colorado and ride a 01' 400ex and a 87' lt250r quadracer...have a shared 300ex for the family as well. anyhow, this site seems super cool and i cant wait to meet some of the great folks on here. drop me a line if your in need of any help when wrenchin' ive been workin on my own bikes and quads since i was 10 :wink: and have a huge service manual resource online as well.

got the 400ex for $500 totally torn down and disassembled...kid took it apart and didnt know how to put it back together then lost his job...guess he said it was smokin'...he had the bottom end in 5 different crates...lol

the 250r we picked up for $400 seized...lower rod bearing thrust washer...we've put a lot of cash into em' so far though for only getting them this summer...now that the 400 is completely sound and brand new enginewise, im thinkin about gettin some nerfs, bumper, exhaust, maybe a cam in a bit...damn things are money pits, thats for sure

IMG_3486.jpg?t=1259262325

Edited by rocky_mtn_honda

yes, use the image button insertimage.gif and just insert the link.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! The community could definately benefit from your experience..especially in these forums: ATV Forums By Brand » QUADCRAZY ATV Forums. That's all the branded/technical topics that come up.

Happy Thanksgiving!

not too much anymore, especially after the 50 degree temps today and tomorrow, mainly the north facing slopes are all that has snow...but yea, rainbow falls is a blast

btw, my wife is the exact same...hates the off camber stuff...hell im still tryin to get her to ride it like she owns it, its kinda funny, she just sits there like a limp noodle almost...im always like "get up on that tank like you own it"...shes gettin better though

ive never done much riding up north, i tend to stick to my area...sometimes im known to go down to pueblo which is where the picture i posted at the beginning of this thread was taken...that was my break in trip for the new 400 motor. PMI has like 3000 acres of honor farm property right next to pueblo reservoir...awesome stuff. id love to meet up and go riding, but im sending my shocks off to gt thunder to be revalved and resprung next week and my head is at the machine shop getting a recreational p+p done, and who knows if ill see that back b4 christmas...lol but ill be around from now on so, if i get some free time on a weekend and the use of a machine, ill give ya plenty of notice and maybe we can make plans...thanks for the warm welcome guys! im installing my timing advance key this weekend and wont even get a chance to rip it up until i get my head and shocks back =(

o well...next spring is gonna kick butt!!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By DrtyGrlKristin
      Just thought I'd start a new thread for newbies to the site!
      If you're new here, tell us who you are, where you're from and what you ride!!!
      Lets get to know each other a little better shall we?
      I'm not new to the site, obviously, but...
      I'm Kristin from Denver!!! I ride a 2008 Yamaha Rhino. She's my muddy baby!!!!!! Several aftermarket parts on her. She's good to me! We try and ride every weekend. This weekend we're off to MOAB! :woot:
    • By p5200
      The studs in the sprocket hub are stripped out. The hub is probably walloed out also. Probably will have to have a new sprocket hub. I doubt I have the ability nor the tools needed for this job. Thanks for all suggestions/opinions! 

20240225_155255.mp4   20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4 20240225_155255.mp4  
    • By skittle021
      So I've got a Hisun 550 (clone of a Yamaha Rhino 660) that I was doing some work on that required removing the CVT and it's housing. Upon attempting to reinstall the clutch, sheaves, etc, I found that the belt no longer fits - it's far too wide. None of the parts have been replaced, they're all OEM. Exactly the same parts as what I took off a few weeks ago.
      To be more specific, my belt is 1.25in wide, but the gap between the clutch and the primary sheave is only 7/8in wide. I'll include a few photos to explain.
      Has anyone ever experienced such a bizarre problem? Any help at all would be appreciated, I've been stuck on this for a month. I'm open to just about any suggestion.
      Photos: 

• By Gwbarm
      I just heard Tommie Smothers died, I watched his show in the 60s, it was a great show one of the best. He will be missed, if not for Mom liked you best, then definately for YOYO MAN and his state of YO.