Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

rocky_mtn_honda

new guy from CO...

just thought id drop a line to say hey to everyone...im 30 from colorado and ride a 01' 400ex and a 87' lt250r quadracer...have a shared 300ex for the family as well. anyhow, this site seems super cool and i cant wait to meet some of the great folks on here. drop me a line if your in need of any help when wrenchin' ive been workin on my own bikes and quads since i was 10 :wink: and have a huge service manual resource online as well.

got the 400ex for $500 totally torn down and disassembled...kid took it apart and didnt know how to put it back together then lost his job...guess he said it was smokin'...he had the bottom end in 5 different crates...lol

the 250r we picked up for $400 seized...lower rod bearing thrust washer...we've put a lot of cash into em' so far though for only getting them this summer...now that the 400 is completely sound and brand new enginewise, im thinkin about gettin some nerfs, bumper, exhaust, maybe a cam in a bit...damn things are money pits, thats for sure

IMG_3486.jpg?t=1259262325

Edited by rocky_mtn_honda

that link in my original post has a picture of two of them...but everytime i try to post actual html tag so its hosted through photobucket, it just shows the html rather than the pic...i dunno whats going on, thats how ive always done it before

yes, use the image button insertimage.gif and just insert the link.

Welcome to QUADCRAZY! The community could definately benefit from your experience..especially in these forums: ATV Forums By Brand » QUADCRAZY ATV Forums. That's all the branded/technical topics that come up.

Happy Thanksgiving!

teller county...up by woodland park, deckers area, near 717

always good to meet fellow riders from the area...i work in castle rock, kinda wild to meet someone from denver. got the 400 from a kid in highlands ranch. GO Broncos!

That is really cool to meet a local. We love Rainbow Falls. My wife is not a fan of off camber stuff so we have never really done 717. How much snow is in that area? We were thinking of taking the Rhino to Rainbow falls soon.

not too much anymore, especially after the 50 degree temps today and tomorrow, mainly the north facing slopes are all that has snow...but yea, rainbow falls is a blast

btw, my wife is the exact same...hates the off camber stuff...hell im still tryin to get her to ride it like she owns it, its kinda funny, she just sits there like a limp noodle almost...im always like "get up on that tank like you own it"...shes gettin better though

LOL, My wife drives a Rhino when we take both machines... Would you be willing to meet up for a ride if we have a few more decent weekends?

Have you ever heard of C.O.R.E. out in Deer Trail off of I-70? I race out there, pretty cool place to play.

ive never done much riding up north, i tend to stick to my area...sometimes im known to go down to pueblo which is where the picture i posted at the beginning of this thread was taken...that was my break in trip for the new 400 motor. PMI has like 3000 acres of honor farm property right next to pueblo reservoir...awesome stuff. id love to meet up and go riding, but im sending my shocks off to gt thunder to be revalved and resprung next week and my head is at the machine shop getting a recreational p+p done, and who knows if ill see that back b4 christmas...lol but ill be around from now on so, if i get some free time on a weekend and the use of a machine, ill give ya plenty of notice and maybe we can make plans...thanks for the warm welcome guys! im installing my timing advance key this weekend and wont even get a chance to rip it up until i get my head and shocks back =(

o well...next spring is gonna kick butt!!