Quantcast

2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4

i have a scrambler 500 4x4 its a 2001 for some reason all the lights,fan and the four wheel drive stopped working im not sure if there are any fuses on it but i cant seem to find them anywhere all the wires look good that i can see not sure what to do. Anyone with this problem? does anyone know if this four wheeler has any fuse if so please let me know [email protected] thats my email thanks Chris

If you have a multi-meter, get it out and start checking for lost power. Start at the battery and trace each circuit back toward the problem area and see where you lose power. Chances are that a primary circuit, responsible for powering all off the things you are having problems with has failed. Could be a fuse, could be a shorted wire, could be a loose or corroded connection or ground. If you don't have a manual, get one, they are a must have IMO.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By BuckBilly
      Good morning to all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Let's see if we can make this a daily event.
    • By mga
      I see quite a few ads for that  Tribotex additive. It's kind of expensive, has anyone used it it their ATV or any other vehicle?
    • By Suzukiquad
      If you had to choose one mod that you couldn't live without, or had to recommend one what would it be? 
    • By Clydaho
      2022 Sector 550, 414 miles on it and the gas gauge reads empty.  I topped off the gas and it didn't change.
      There is no fuse that I could find.  No access at the gauge cluster.
      Wiring on the top of the tank looks good, properly connected.
      Could the sending unit in the tank be stuck or broken?
      Has anybody removed the tank lid?  Any tricks?  
      Any other ideas?
      Thanks for any help,
      Clyde