Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I've been looking into buying a house and my rock buggy that I have been building for 5 years had to go... I sold most of the parts so I decided it was time for a new toy..

I found a 2008 RZR, its got ITP wheels/ ITP Terracross tires, front/rear bumpers and top. I threw some 4 point harnesses in it already and have a set of suspension seats left from my buggy that im going to try to put in it... I just ordered a UMP filter setup to do away with the crappy stock filter box. HID lights, Optima battery and exhaust are in the works for next month... Long travel and a few other thing are in the plans in the near future too...

DSCN3211.jpg

DSCN3213.jpg

DSCN3215.jpg

not too bad... they nose dive a quit a bit... We were jumping half way across our 50ft table top at our track...

I ordered some HID lights for my rzr and need to update my battery...I went and got an Yellow top Optima and built a battery box... I just finished my hold down and put it in tonight... I also just orderd a Houser +4 long travel kit with elka shocks which should be here this week...

DSCN3220.jpg

DSCN3222.jpg

DSCN3223.jpg

That's good that you put in an optima as they are designed for massive shaking around I believe.

yep they will take a beating and non spillable too... plus i was going to need more power for adding HIDs and a light bar probably later... should be installing my HIDs some time this weekend..

Optima batteries are not as good as you think. I use to work for them, you would not believe how many fail. But they are good about replacing at no charge. That was the nastiest job I have ever had.

Nice toy, can't wait to see the suspension work.

Finally had time to install my HID lights today... I got the kit off ebay from Burke moto pros..

Easy plug and go install, it only took about 30 min to install... You can tell the difference even during the day in my shop with the lights on...

DSCN3226.jpg

DSCN3225.jpg

DSCN3224.jpg

DSCN3227.jpg

Those are some gnarly looking seat belt bulckles haha. As long as you're safe it doesn't matter I guess

Those are some gnarly looking seat belt bulckles haha. As long as you're safe it doesn't matter I guess

They are just normal 3 inch harnesses used in drag racing, offroad racing ect... They are a lot better than the stock slim seatbelts they have in them...

Long travel should be here tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by jigolbeep

Well I got started installin my long travel on my rzr this weekend... I got the front all put together minus the brake lines which the wrong ones were sent in my order... the back is apart right now and im wainting on some new cv boot clamps for the back cv's. here are some pics...

The kit, Houser +4 Long travel with front elka shocks... Still debating on rear shocks....

DSCN3229.jpg

Front installed

DSCN3233.jpg

Width before...

DSCN3224.jpg

Width after...

DSCN3232.jpg

Rear as it sets... Waiting for parts...

DSCN3234.jpg

Lots of help from the new shop dog....

DSCN3236.jpg

thats awesome, I was thinking about one so I could take the wife out with me. nice selection of mods

thanks... they are a lot of fun and since the new XP 900s came out they are getting more affordable... I was going to go +6 per side but with +4 i can have long travel but still run trails at the dunes and back home...

nothing on the motor yet... Probably do an exhaust and a clutch and go from there... I dont know if i want to build a motor or go forced induction... MCX express makes an awesome turbo kit that makes these things wild but i dont know if i want to spend that much money...

its not all back together yet... I have a long hot couple of weeks at work and just havnt finished it up yet... My front brake lines are backordered so hopefully they will show up this week...

its not all back together yet... I have a long hot couple of weeks at work and just havnt finished it up yet... My front brake lines are backordered so hopefully they will show up this week...

Hope you get it together soon !! Its gonna be badass !!Seen some razrs at Killpecker last weekend:yes: stock one couldn`t get up comp hill but the turbo one spanked that hill :yes:

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.