Quantcast

Mountains and Canyons

My buddy just purchased a brand spanking new Polaris 850 with power steering and we HAD to take it out and break it in right. We made a quick ride part way up the mountain before we set out on a trek. This quad is what an ATV should be...very nice in all aspects.

ChaseSummitLoop002.jpg

ChaseSummitLoop022.jpg

A nice trail with loose softball sized rocks to make things slick

ChaseSummitLoop028.jpg

We stopped part way up the mountain to take in the sceenry.

ChaseSummitLoop013.jpg

ChaseSummitLoop011.jpg

It was a quick loop to break the Polaris dream machine in and we headded back.

ChaseSummitLoop029.jpg

The next morning we meet up with some guys looking to have a fun ride. We decided to make our way down into part of the river canyon for a lunch break. Great sceenry.

Boys and their new toys

06-20-09003.jpg

A nice place to stop

06-20-09009.jpg

06-20-09013.jpg

Up to the lookout we went, It is a nice 2400' verticle climb. A quick shot from the top while the others were catching up.

ChaseSummitLoop015.jpg

ChaseSummitLoop014.jpg

Good times all around.

Here was the route and profile.

06-20-09Map.png

06-20-09Profile.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Ajmboy
      What's the best kids atv out there? I've seen everything from the ones released by the major manufacturers to all those knock offs. Kawasaki has a KFX 50 that is pretty nice for under $1800...

• By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By newguy024
      Just got into ATV riding just last week, never had much money so i couldnt afford to buy anthing, so now at the age of 34 i just bought a 1987 suzuki quadrunner 300 for 500$ took it out a few times and what a rush of excitement to go through that first mudhole haha!
    • By Ajmboy
      Anyone purchase or check out Rockymtnatv lately? Well I was just browsing over there and they have a pretty cool section called Ten Dollars Or Less. Some interesting things to check out if you are in the market.

• By Roofus
      I cant seem to find what this part is called. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I must be misinterpereting the parts catalog or something? I dont see it in the rear axle section. I think it may be in the rear brake assembly section? click link to view picture.

[removed broken image]