Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

dirtjunkie85

What Fuel controller is best???

I have a 2008 KFX 450R and currantly have a lexx fuel controller but here the Dynatey is what most guys are running does anyone know if there is really a diffrence I know my lexx one was alot cheaper then the Dynatek?? Is it better to get one with or with out teh program to change the map?

Dynatek makes about 90% of the fuel controllers on the market. One is not better than the other as long as they both do what it is suppose to. The perfect ratio is 13 parts air to 1 part fuel. One programmer is not going to put you at 13:1 better than the other. 13:1 is 13:1

It would be the same as saying DynoJet Jets are better then Keihin. Jets are jets.

Now which one is more reliable is another question.

Just like bot said a controller is a controller. But the benefit of having one that's completely customizable is, if you have access to a dyno you can keep that 13:1 ratio more constant. And get every little bit of power out of your engine. Now depending on how often you change altitude affects what kind of controller you would want to get.

I dont know about KFX's, but for the Raptor 700R's, the PCV is the best.

Please explain, other than adjustability, how the PCV is better than the 2 Brothers Juice Box or the Dobeck. They all keep the quad at the correct ratio as long as you use the mods that it is programmed for.

There are more maps for more serious mods, such as a turbo, or N2o. From what I have read, there isnt enough adjustability on the Dobeck style controller.

In my question. I said other than adjustability. If all you are doing is exhust and intake you don't need all the adjustability

Yes, but if you have nitrous, porting, cam, and a built motor, you need that adjustablity. For just exhaust and intake, it would work fine.

Yes, but if you have nitrous, porting, cam, and a built motor, you need that adjustablity. For just exhaust and intake, it would work fine.

LMAO, you are a retailers dream. :laugh:

There are more maps for more serious mods, such as a turbo, or N2o. From what I have read, there isnt enough adjustability on the Dobeck style controller.

you're kinda correct but not. All the PCV does is with the piggy back system you can get for it you can do the autotune. which isn't really an auto tune at all its to set a trim program to run the main pcv to be leaner or richer. Which is why so many guys with the turbos and high mods like them cause they maintain that 13:1 but all it a PCV does is control the fuel mapping. You need another piggy back to adjust the timing if you're running a pcv or a programmable ecu like a procom. a Doebeck from what I've read is just another CDI box like you would put on a carb quad no adjustments just 2000 rpm higher rev limiter. As well as a PCV won't control nitrous thats usually controlled by a separate controller and thats the person with their hands on the bars pressing the button.

Edited by Jonny450R

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dee Morris
      I bought my big bear in 2009, never had a bit of problem with it until last year. It quit starting but still would click when I tried to start it. I replaced the solenoid, the cdi module ( it was burned on one corner) and this year replaced the battery. I have all lights but still will not start and I do not have the clicking when I try to start it. Can anyone give me any ideas what to try next? I haven't had any luck finding videos about the 2008 Big Bear. I'm trying to avoid the expense of sending it to the shop. 
    • By Erik Plug
      Hi all,

Picked up my first Brute Force yesterday. What should have been an awesome afternoon of riding turn a bit into a deception. As I was unable to really take it out for a test drive at the shop, I decided to buy it and agreed that I would take the test drive at home. 
      When giving full throttle I noticed that the Brute was choking and lost all of its powers. Faulty fuel pump most likely. 
      Called the shop and the are coming to pick it up and repair it and bring it back. Good service. Nevertheless feels a bit sour in the mouth as I was told it was a 100% good. 
      Need to have some patience I now before I can really start riding. 
      Cheers,
      Erik
    • By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By Trent Finnessey
      So I’m 14 years old right now..... I’m a pretty good rider for my age, I have a 98’ 300ex that I’m tryna sell. I’m thinking of a 400ex or should I skip the 400 and just go to a 450r or something along those lines? 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By frankmako
      My 2005 Arctic Cat 500 started leaking fuel from the top right hand side of the carb. It looks and feels that the fuel is coming from under the throttle cable housing area just above the primer pump. I have not had time to take carb off. Has anyone had a leak on this side and area of their carb?
    • By gyminis
      HELP, i have a 2009 yamaha grizzly 700 yfm7fgpy special edition with a defective fuel pump and am wanting to know how to test it to know if it is defective or not
    • By bones
      My normally problematic to start 05 500 4x4 (carb/fuel issues) has been fine the last couple months after tearing down carb and cleaning again etc.. It has turned very cold, I have been running it every 5-7 days and it has been starting. Need it BADLY BADLY right now, snow storm is almost here, and now no start. It is much colder than usual. Can someone tell me how I might try to start it?? I did not try starter fluid, I don't know where to spray it?? Air intake?? But not sure where that's at? Sad I know, I don't maintain it myself. If someone can help me I would appreciate it. Thanks.
    • By huntr357
      Hello all, not sure if I'm asking this question in the area but here it goes.
      My issue started the other day when I was using my Honda TRX420TM7 to run my brush sprayer. I realized I low on fuel, so I grabbed a fuel jug and added enough to take it to approx 1/2 tank or so. After running it for a little while it started acting up and smoking. I figured out that the fuel I used had gone bad so I went to drain the tank. I have what appears to be 3 hoses going into a canister. I pulled one of them and the tank drained completely. I added brand new fuel back to the tank and cleaned spark plug. It will start and run for a few seconds then shut down. My question is, where can get a complete diagram of the fuel system or can one of you tell me how to clear the whole system so I may use atv again. Thank you in advance.
    • By TheLeprochaun
      Hello everyone! I would like to excuse myself in advance, as I am not very smart in mechanics... So, bear with me.
      Last year my girlfriend gave me a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 300, as she was moving and fourwheelers werent allowed in city limits. Recently, I have run into a little problem.
      My fourwheeler will idle just fine for a bit, but whenever I give it any throttle, it will kill the motor or nearly kill it. Eventually, if it idles too long, the motor dies. Im not sure why its doing this. My dad thinks it is the fuel filter, but he also isnt familiar with small engines.
      When I start my fourwheeler, I generally let it idle for about 4-6 minutes. It also never has needed to be choked to be started really, just a little tap on the throttle.
      Im not sure what it is, and need opinions. Thanks!