Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

pete59edsel

2005 Suzuki Eiger Drive Belt Replacement

Hello, I have a 2005 Suzuki Eiger Quad runner. 400 4x4 Auto, I have spent literally days on replacing the drive belt, can any one let me know what I'm missing or any help would be appreciated!! Pete

What part exactly are you stuck on?

* Added issue to thread title.

Just getting the belt over both the secondary and primary, seems so tight, do I need to take 1 of them off first, I can not get the belt on. Thank you!---Pete

just put the quad in nuetral put it on the primary then roll the quad while putting it on the secondary pulley.

All drive belts are hard to put on. Sometimes nearly impossible. if they weren't the engine would rev out before it grabbed the belt.

Edited by GEARHEAD01

No, you can not get it on that way...impossible, I know for a fact if you have a 05 Eiger 4X4 automatic you can not put it on that way, show me a vid, then I will believe. Here is the correct and only way...after you get the aluminum cover off, use two of the bolts from the cover and screw them into the two holes towards the center of the secondary/ driven sheeves. turn them in until they just barely bottom out, you will see the secondary expand apart, the belt will also become loose in the process. then take the shaft nut off of the primary and off of the secondary, both sheaves will then slide off together, you can do it by just removing the primary and pulling hard on the belt, I suggest you remove both so that you can wash all of the components, then put it all back together in reverse order. you will have to find a way to hold the sheaves when taking off and tightening up the shaft nuts. they torque to 83 ft lbs. for an eiger. with the primary and secondary back in place with the new belt, then remove the the two bolts allowing the secondary to come back together, spin the secondary clutch counter clock wise to situate/ tighten the belt. Any question feel free to ask, it took me a looong time to get this, I will be more than happy to help in more detail if needed.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By swensy7
      Hey all new to the forum.... We ended up picking up a 2006 Suzuki z50 quad sport and took it camping this weekend. The guy said had a new top end and just put on a new belt. Seem to work fine for a little bit and then it lost power at the rear wheels. Belt was not in bad shape took a look but it just did not seem to have enough power to get my little guy moving. I pick up the rear end tires would go. Set it down lacked all power.   Any help would be greatly appreciated it did run like a top also.      To add to the bad news on the way home I ended up losing the seat so if anybody has one even if it's in rough shape would love to get it or if you have any ideas open to suggestions......
    • By Cj Winds
      I have a 2005 Yamaha Kodiak 400 Automatic. It has an oil leak inside clutch cover. The middle gear has two oil seals, the front seal is leaking engine oil into clutch area. How do you change the leaking seal?
    • By Aleksandr Boreesenko
      doesn't idle at times but sometimes when it does as soon as I touch the throttle it just shuts off, what could possibly be the problem? I thank you very much for any help, Thanks.
    • By wwdubose
      I have two 2003 Suzuki Ozark 250s, both 2-wheel drive.  Last time we rode them about a year ago, the red one was not running well, didn't want to idle, backfired a lot.  The green one ran fine. 
      Fast forward...I ordered a carb kit for both of them, thinking the red one has some trash in a jet.  Both of these ATVs have had little use and I've always ran the gas out after use (put an inline cutoff valve in gas line).  I pull started the red one to verify it was still running bad.  It will start and idle, but as soon as you give it any throttle, it dies instantly.  Give it a little choke, dies instantly.  Took the carb apart and it was spotless.  Went ahead and cleaned all the holes with carb cleaner and blew everything out with compressed air.  All new jets, main jet holder, and needles.  Put it back on and nothing changed.  Starts, idles (not for a long time), but dies as soon as you give it gas.  Same happens when you put the choke on.  It does the same thing when I try to run it turned to prime on the petcock as it does in the on position.
      Not an air filter issue.  It is clean and it does the same exact thing with no filter on it.
      Thought maybe there was a float issue or maybe a damaged diaphragm, so I took the carb off the green Ozark and put it on red.  Started up and initially ran normal and revved for about 10 seconds and then started doing the same exact thing.  Starts, idles (not for a long time), but dies as soon as you give it gas.  Same happens when you put the choke on. 
      So...not the carb
      Thought maybe vacuum petcock was bad, but there's no gas in the vacuum line going from petcock to carb and gas flows freely when on prime.  I even plugged the vacuum line at both the petcock and carb end and tried to run it with valve set to prime.  Gas flows freely, but does exactly the same thing.  I unscrewed the screw at the bottom of the bowl and gas flows thru carb and out bowl drain line when petcock is set to prime.
      So, I'm assuming petcock is good?
      Checked spark plug and it wasn't fouled.  Reset gap, didn't help.  Will swap plugs between Ozarks tomorrow but I don't think that is it.
      Anyway, that he history and now you're all caught up.  Scratching my head.  Valves? These were bought at same time and have had little use.  Suggestions?
      Thanks!   
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Michael Aiken
      Where can I find a wiring diagram for my 2005 450 Kodiak. Thanks.
    • By Mo Salem
      So my front hub broke, I’d like to put aftermarket on. Hard to find new oe ones. Please help. I’m new to all of this, I have some car knowledge and try to apply it
    • By oxidized_black
      tag : zukifreak

• By LMI
      Was using the quad the other day to shuttle wood from my pickup to my wood pile.  When the job was done I turned off the Quad and heard a bit of a racket from the front end.  When I got down underneath the sound seemed to be coming from the fan housing.  fan was moving in spurts and not quickly... much like a computer case fan that's had it's day.  What I know.
      Temp sensor is ok, as the fan tries to activate fan is getting some voltage as it is attempting to spin.  When I first bought it used I tested the fan direct to battery and it was fine. The fan was working ok even not direct wired as I went on a couple of rides and when stopped and idling the fan did run Seems to be free spinning with my finger read up in the manual and they require me to drop the rad.  now I'm not opposed to that as the rad has some damaged areas I want to try and straighten out.  But if I can get the fan working without, I can leave the rad as it is until next year.
      Fan assembly is about 300 bills, any work arounds or alternatives?  I even thought large computer case brushless fan.  smaller ones are about $7 larger ones better quality probably far below the 300.  They run standard 12v DC.
      Anything I should be doing before dropping the rad... other than check for obstructions even though it seems to spin, and trying to hardwire it to the battery again for a test to see if it acts the same?
    • Guest Fox300exchic
      By Guest Fox300exchic
      The Hop-Up: You may be saying to yourself, “that’s a chick bike,” and you’re right. But honestly, it’s so much more than that. It’s one badass bike. http://www.quadmagazine.com/quad/features/article/0,24942,1587044,00.html