Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hangingon

A place in my heart

I know for me it's tuff to rate a quad by brand. For me being in my 40's I grew up riding Hondas. I wanted a yz80 as a kid but got an SL70. It still holds a place in my heart It was lots of fun & brings back great memories. But what I remember most is how durable that bike was & the suzuki, yamaha & kawasaki would breakdown more. Most of the time we SL70 riders could out run them but I would say it was more the rider then the bike. Because the 2 strokes seem too have the power advantage. Now that I'm older I know the 2strokes ran higher rpms & are faster but needs rebuilt more often than a 4 stroke. I didn't get the same service out of the cr125 as the 70 or the XL175. So now when your heart is for one brand your brain kicks in and says hold on here the other brands are good too! It kind'a falls back to what wins on sunday sells on monday. What wins the most ends up being whats considered the best at that time. It seems like I go for whats wins races more & theres more to it than just winning unless your racing. Whats your thoughts?

Edited by hangingon

mine has been and always will be Kawie...I've ridden damn near all the brands can-am, artic cat, honda, yamies, and suzukis. but something about the kawie just feels perfect to me. getting my 450 was my first quad and never looked back. However the day I brought it home from the dealership never did I think that it'll take me to the tallest mountain in CO. Nor the friendships that I've made on other forums world wide with people that have the same passion about kawies as I do. Call it mushy and sensitive but the best part of loving kawies and quads in general is the friendships. I trail ride with guys from here were the brand you ride doesn't matter, just as long as you're out riding having fun, same as the good friends I've met racing. We all help each other out enjoy the same hobby.

Havin ridin all major brands I still come back to honda ! Although I loved my 77 Bultaco 250 :laugh: Or my Husky 250 and if I get to old and cant ride a sport quad and get a 4X4 it will be a Honda !!!:laugh:But I`m not that old yet !!!

i started out a Suzuki guy back in the day. i guess mainly because that's what the folks i ran around with rode. today however, i'm a kawi guy, just becasue of the fact that the kawi had all the features to fit my riding needs. with the technology we have today (not as much then) it's all but assinine not to have some general knowledge on what you want and if it will fit your needs, before you buy. i still feel its all preference, so if it makes you happy, stick with it.

I grew up on Honda's But i really like all of the quads on the market today.

I started on a Honda XR100 bike, then went to a Kawasaki KX80 pinger bike, and now i'm back on honda's but i really prefer Kawasaki's. I don't know why but Kawasaki atv's and motocross bikes have always felt better to me, even just sitting on a KFX450 it feels so much more like it fits me then my TRX450r and i would have bought one if i had the money.. But $3500 min for one was to much at the time. Hopefully in the future i will get one though!

my first ride was a honda 110 3 wheeler ... i sold it a long time ago and i missed it a few years back so i went looking for 1 .. i found a 1985 110 and bought it and restored it to like brand new and still have it put away ... i have had and still have several different mrands of quads .. i use the utility quads i have for working arount the yard and pushing snow in the winter and i ride and race my sport quads ... it all just boils dow to what you want and what kind of riding you will be doing ... im fortunate to have 5 quads that i do different things on ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Dra O
      posted a while back - it was running at one point - I have all the plastic shroud off - it's down to frame and engine now
      -fuel pump: when line from petcock is attached, no fuel comes out other side to carb; the line to the carb is open (can blow through it); I thought when I cranked engine that the pump would spit out fuel on other side but it does not; I removed fuel pump and opened it up - diaphragm looks good - but internal areas had lotsa calcification build up - I cleaned this out and dried it good - the clear plastic pieces (?diaphragms) aren't broken - the spring w/ steel ball on end moves freely; am putting it back on tomorrow; but can anyone answer about the pump? isn't it supposed to pump fuel through it... to other side... to carb? puzzling
      -along with fuel pump: I replaced petcock 3 weeks ago (gas tank had rusty fuel in bottom - cleaned it out prior to new petcock); when I turn petcock arrow NOT to on or reserve, fuel comes out of line; when I turn it to on or reserve, fuel doesn't come out; puzzling
      -I don't know what's on back of fuel pump - it's a valve that has a hose coming out of it - looks like it goes to engine/carb - I haven't traced this out yet - what is it?
      -can squirt gas on air filter and engine will run for 2-3 seconds then stop - fuel in top of carb (under diaphragm) does same
      -it likely needs carb rebuild - will get to this - but something isn't allowing fuel to get from fuel pump to carb
      -I THINK it has a mikuni model x carb - diaphragm is ID 26mm  OD 68mm - hard to find inexpensive diaphragm, I guess because it's a model x
      -last thing - I replaced solenoid due to old one clicking; I HAVE to be charging the battery or it won't start/turn over - battery just goes dead; but if charging, it'll turn over nicely; i'm guessing it's a bad battery
      -any help appreciated - I've never owned an ATV before - inherited this beast from grandparent in-law
    • By chriscris
      Any areas? Any suggestions? 
      Thanks
    • By pcumby
      Hi guys I'm in the market for a new ATV.  I narrowed my choices down to King quad 750 Grizzly 700 and Rubicon 520,  I own a 2006 500 Rubicon right now and I like the reliability and power for plowing.  However it is not a capable ATV.  When quading with other guys it falls short with ride quality and ground clearance.   I also have a 500 King Quad 2015 which I like and will keep it for my wife.  It is very strong and reliable also.  However my plan is to sell my Honda Rubicon and replace it with a 2020 of one of the these mentioned above.  Can anyone give me their take on one or all of these machines and why you picked what you picked?
    • By Ryan Lewis
      Went on a great ride on Sunday from the M-33 trail head to the Lupton trailhead in the Huron National Forest.

More videos from the ride to be uploaded to the channel soon.

• By bradleyheathhays
      I'm outfitting my middle aged '02 Taurus with a new starter and need some advice on what brand starter to get. I'm tempted to get this reman Motorcraft, the fourth one down in the orange remanufactured section.

CLICK HERE

For $123 that seems reasonable for a OE reman. If not this one I'll probably be going for a reman of another brand so why not go OE?
      The other reman options I'm seeing at the car stores are...
      Napa brand
      Bosch
      Denso
      Driveworks at Advance
      Carquest
      Duralast
      Valucraft
      Ultima
      Bestest
      Should I go with the Motorcraft or one of these? $123 sounds almost too good although I really don't know.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By pmnova
      My sons 2005 Brute Force 705i needs a new belt and im looking for recommendations for good places to buy a cvt belt from also is there any special tols needed?
    • By Huntingman2706217
      Ive got 3... ive owned 19 XJ's 4 MJ's 1 ZJ and 1 WK2 in my life... all those within the last two years except for the ZJ...
      I just got the WK2 in Dec... its a Overland edition... all the goodies but didnt get 4x4... didnt ever see going offroad in a $50k vehicle when i got a rock crawler and a 4x4 DD... lol...
      96 Cherokees on 2006 F250 axles... 5.38 gears... saving for full hydro steering... caged... 4.5in lift with SYE... 40in gumbo mudders... H1 two piece steel wheels recentered to 8x170 and rock rings...
      my 90 comanche i blew the rear main seal in last month so i have the motor out and did a head gasket and every other little gasket while its out... pressure washed and painted... new clutch, floor pan, oil pan... all kinds of stuff... painted the engine bay and pull the harness that im going to go through and recover everything and fix anything wrong... also sealing it all up water right... doing a external slave bellhousing swap on it as well... tons of time and money... oh and a 97+ cherokee front end conversion... its just my DD and im restoring it like new basically... itll get painted probly next year...
      ill try and get some pics up... i moderate over at cherokeeforum.com as huntingman2706217 so if anyone else drives cherokees we got a lot of info and tips!

• By Robotech
      Well, not your average quad.

Sure, it's not a picture of it running across the desert or climbing some hill somewhere but it's something different...much like the quad itself.
      We had quite a few bikes there that were really something to see and the competition was stiff...

I'd show more quad pictures...but there weren't any there other than us. I figure most quad owners are too busy USING their quads rather than showing them.
      We even had the show's guest stop by and check out the quad and stayed long enough for us to snap a picture of him on the bike!

This is actor Emilio Rivera from the FX show "Sons of Anarchy". He plays the head of the rival bike gang, the Mayans. He was really cool about us taking his picture and was a really down to earth guy.
      When all was said and done...and after a really long day...we wound up taking home a trophy...first place in the Full Custom class! Not bad for our first time out.

Oh, and did I mention that there was pleanty to look at that wasn't bike related?

Anyway, there are more pictures of the show on our website if anyone is interested...Hog Wild Motorsports | Harley-Davidson powered Iron Horse Quad ATV Enjoy!
    • By gofast82
      I really want to ride my new atv sunday. Where is a free spot to ride, and if there's anyone who wants to ride let me no.....
    • By SunShine777
      Hi, Im steven from Tn. I own a 99 foreman 450, love to ride exp night rides threw the woods... gonna be hard for me to replace her, here she is