Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington chemistry mid-term. The answer by one student was so "profound" that the professor shared it with colleagues, via the Internet, which is, of course, why we now have the pleasure of enjoying it as well:

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or endothermic(absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law (gas cools when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate at which souls are moving into Hell and the rate at which they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let's look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Most of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there is more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially. Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand proportionately as souls are added.

This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. If Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa during my Freshman year that, "It will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you," and take

into account the fact that I s lept with her last night, then number two must be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and has already frozen over. The corollary of this theory is that since Hell has frozen over, it follows that it is not accepting any more souls and is therefore, extinct......leaving only Heaven, thereby proving the existence of a divine being which explains why, last night, Teresa kept shouting "Oh my God."

Guest Fox300exchic

I wonder if that was really a question.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• 2008 Polaris Outlaw 90 CC electrical system question

I recently bought a 2008 Polaris 90cc outlaw for my daughter it only needed a few things like a carburetor and a transmission shaft which I fixed with ease. The headlights on this vehicle are dim so I bought a aftermarket set of headlights also a  small winch does anyone know if the stator puts out enough voltage to run these extra accessories do they sell a stator that puts out higher amps? I would appreciate any help that you guys should give me

By Tony Amato, in Polaris ATV Forum

• 4 replies
    • Washington Backcountry Discovery Route (WABDR)

I had a friend of mine complete this route on a duel sport bike, but what I have heard is that you can do sections with your ATV if you want to. Has anyone road this trail from Southern WA to Northern WA on a ATV? https://ridebdr.com/WABDR This is a 575 mile off road trip. There are towns along the way for gas and lodging.

By Shoogaze, in West ATV & Off Road Forum

• 4 replies
    • Washington Trails and ORV Parks

Hi Y'all.. I'm new to the site. I added a few of our favorite riding spots. I'll keep adding more.. Just wanted to introduce myself. I would love to meet more Washington riders- and more female riders!. So stop by and say Hi!

By Guest DunePrincess, in West ATV & Off Road Forum

• 26 replies
    • Replacement cylinder question for 90 Quadrunner LT4WD

Hey there, new to the forum. Did some searching before posting but didn't manage to find anything, so forgive me if it's been covered before.

I've got a 1990 Quadrunner LT4WD that I got my hands on last year for super cheap (for a reason). It starts and runs great, but the plug is drowned with oil after about a half hour of use (surprisingly next to no smoke though...weird), so I'm going to look at replacing the piston, rings (one of which came out in two pieces) and the cylinder (very little scoring, but definitely saw some bad detonation at some point and needs replacing). The connecting rod thankfully has zero play in it and is silky smooth, so I'm good with how the bottom end sits at this point.

Now, a friend has a 2002 Quadrunner 4WD LT-250F that's out of commission due to basically everything other than engine issues, and has been sitting around for a few years. He says that I can just take what I need if they'll work, so I've been looking at the part numbers before we rip on his motor. I see that the part number for the cylinder is the same (11210-19B10-0F0), but the newer models have either "Model K1" or "Model K2" listed as well. Will they work with the older machines or are there a couple little things that just don't let them jive?

By SilentNoise, in Suzuki ATV Forum

• 3 replies
    • 05 Raptor 660 Trans Question

I have a 05 Raptor 660 that chewed up 2nd gear. Both the pinion and wheel gear need replaced. I have the parts and have it torn down. The wheel gears just have snap rings and they come off and I can replace them but the pinion gear is my issue. One end has a 12pt gear that is machined as part of the shaft. The other side has a 16pt gear that i cant figure out how to remove. I am assuming this is pressed on as there are no snap rings but before I go and put tons of force on it does anyone know for sure if this is pressed on?  

By Bill Atkinson, in Yamaha ATV Forum

• 1 reply