Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

House in PA serious post

• 1 year later...

Latest update: We tried everything in our power to stay on LI and keep our house. I was even working full time and running the welding business at night /weekends. Prices just got too high work slowed down to a crawl. We have finally made a purchase in Hazel Green, Alabama. Its a small fixer upper house but with 3 acres of land. Prices seem alot cheaper and its not heavily taxed....plus no more blizzards (giggity). We should be moving between March - April.

Anyone from the Tennessee / Alabama border???

Mario sorry to hear the news! Your not out of the woods with the weather. If for some reason Ala. doesn't workout just come on to west Georgia Carrollton, Ga that would be . My wife is from Pa. and shes been happy here. I hope every thing works out for you and I'm sure you will find some good riding spots. Ala. has their share of parks for riding. Were 15min. from the Alabama line but more south than where you will be.Were close to Talladega Ala. one of the homes for Nascar.

I dont see it as a down grade but now I wont have to maintain a certain level of income just to break even. I see it as a new beginning and to show the world and naysayers that I will overcome and be successful. Ive dealt with too much negativity and being told everything i do is wrong. Now its time to restart on my own terms. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thats what I am hoping to get out of this. I felt as I lost control. I do meet ALOT of Alabama workers up here for the Hurricane Sandy clean up. Yeah still going on. I am repairing alot of their trucks as the NYDOT is putting these trucks out of service. These Alabama natives all still keep on trucking and hold their head high. Very pleasant to talk to. Most of em say that a NY worker is highly prized down there. We shall see!

• 4 weeks later...

Mario, sorry I missed your post about moving south. How are you liking Alabama? Originally out of Tuscaloosa myself, but its been a long long time since. Have you found any riding nearby? I have been out of the south for a while now, but there should be some riding areas near you. I remember one near Anniston and another near Ft. Payne I believe. I am sure you will find places to ride in Alabama, and don't forget, Georgia and Tennessee are nearby. You ought to be able to get a lot of results on Google, its a lot different from trying to find a legal place ride in NY.

Good luck to you, and give us some ride reports when you get a chance!

Nice to know you are doing ok, once you get settled in you should be able to find some nice riding here and there. Its a lot different than up in here yankee land. I lived near Atlanta not so long ago, and I never really ran short of a place to ride. Sometimes its a pretty good drive to get there, but at least you have some choices.

Keep us up to date on the move, I have been thinking of getting back down south myself, but family commitments are keeping me in NY for now.