Quantcast

House in PA serious post

Due to the economic turn down we most likely will be moving to PA on protest. Anyone familiar with PA as to where to buy a house? Jobs near by etc. My contract with that major telecommunications company was frozen(they are trying to make more money for themselves). If I default on my house we have to move within the next 6 months. This is not a bs story!

I refuse to sell my atv though

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Due to the economic turn down we most likely will be moving to PA on protest. Anyone familiar with PA as to where to buy a house? Jobs near by etc. My contract with that major telecommunications company was frozen(they are trying to make more money for themselves). If I default on my house we have to move within the next 6 months. This is not a bs story!

I refuse to sell my atv though

Colorado is a good place to start !!:laugh:My buddy just bought a 4bdr 2 ba for 116,000with garage !

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Schuylkill County. You are familiar with that area from St Clair. Housing is kinda cheap, but as far as jobs its slim. Mostly warehouses is what you'll find. I have been unemployed for almost a year myself. Wayne county seems very nice although I am not familiar with housing prices or work opportunities. I wish you the best of luck and will send positive thoughts your way.

Don't feel like your alone we just listed our car last wed. and the buyer will be here around noon this wed. to get it. This is going to allow us to keep our house for at least 2 years. My wife has alot of medical problems and her doctors told her she need to apply for disability so we have roughly 2 years to get it done. she has been out of work a little over 2 years and we have reached the end of the money. I hate to have to sell the car but you do what you have to do.

Thanks Wylde. I might even try to get a job with RAC. Either as a heavy equipment operator or welder/mechanic. So i might have to drive an hour or two each way but its work.

I know this is an odd request but do you know of any asphalt plants around you or north of you?

not sure about the asphalt plants, but RAC is hiring for heavy equipment. You have to go to their office for an application. Good luck.

Update: looked at 2 houses in Wayne county. I wanted the first one with 9 acres. It was built 6 years ago everything is new. PLUS for an additional 4k they will throw in a Polaris Sportsman 500 HO 4x4 with a plow and winch. My wife wanted the house that was built in 1890 its on 6 acres but its 40K cheaper (its an estate sale). Problem is last update was 40 years ago. Electric was updated though. They will throw in an old IH tractor with rough cut mower and a craftsman riding mower (bout 20 years old).

Both houses have been on the market over 175 days so price is neg. House 1 (mine) is $199,000 give or take 15K. House 2 (wifes) is $159,000. Neither of us is budging. Should we hold out or settle our differences and plunk some coin down? I also think 4k is pricey for a used Polaris sportsman (I dont know the year)

The house we both agreed on was sold yesterday and was within 2 miles of an ATV park of some sorts. FIGURES!!

I will be up that way this Wendsday and talk to some of the locals. I ride up there at least once a month. The only offical ATV Park up that way is the Lost Trails Ride Lost Trails | Lost Trails ATV Adventures| ATV Park | Off Road Vehicles off of SR 006. There are some other spots to ride and I will fill you in after you move. Also do you have a job yet? Check with Lindie Enterprises for Job Openings. If I understand right you are a mechanic or machine operator.

Id say ok but we went looking at places in Huntsville AL and surrounding area about 7-8 years ago. Lets just say my wife and I looked like we were from the movie "My Cousin Vinny". We didn't really fit in :)

Ok I lied. My wife is a country bumpkin even though she was born in NYC. I am pure city. My camping tent has to have a full bed, 7-11 has to be within 50ft and an Italian restaurant that delivers to my tent.

I'm far from a prima dona or a spoiled rich kid (I'm broke) but I have been spoiled by living 25 minutes outside NYC. Thats why we agreed on PA. its only 2 hours from NYC or 6 hours depending on traffic if we get home sick.

Retire ol Betsy and get a 800mr already.

Nother update. Seems as though i dont make enough to carry two mortgages. Although if I where to put 40k down id make enough.. Who the fu** has 40k laying around? Also i cant take out a loan for the 40k. Not allowed to according to the back. No equity left in the house either.

Any ideas?!? This has nothing to do with credit either. Although im gunna try to bump it up a lil bit.

• 2 weeks later...