Quantcast

Thanks

I know the comment contest is going on and it gets people more active in commenting on our photos. I want to say thank you to the people that have left comments on my pics And to the friends I have made on here who comment regardless if their is a contest or not. I don't think theirs a better quad fourm out there. I have enjoyed posting the pics and the feedback I've got and encourgment to get my quad togather & back on the trai. So here it is THANK YOU!!!!!

the kawasaki we were working on was a 2010 brute force 650 with the straight axle on it ...it was a theft recovery .. the idiot that stole it was useing it ro run and make meth .. he was chased by the local sheriff and crashed it into a concrete culvert pipe at about 40 mph ... it crushed the frame and tore off all the right front suspension .. we bought a used frame plastic and front suspension from a parts seller on ebay ... so we started with a bare frame and painted it an started put-n it together .. in 2 days it was a roller with the motor on it .. the 3rd day it was running and could drive .. on the 5th day we took it for a ride about 2 hours .... its alot of work but its fun ... god bless an you and your family have a happy holiday season...

I had to do it all myself till it was time to put the motor in the newly painted frame and my wife help me guide it in. I didn't keep up with the hours I worked on it or days. I know it was 3 to 4 hours once a week then the last few days from around 9am till 1 or 2 am short nap and back at it. Any pic or vid with the tinted headlights is the finished quad for now. It does feel good to look at it now and say I did that and it works. It would be nice to be able to buy a new quad but at the same time it feels just as good to be able to keep an old quad going.

you did a really nice job. and the difference between your quad and a new one is, you built it yourself, you have more understanding and respect for it now. that quad of yours is worth more in sentimental value. i think you should call it cyborg. it is so much fun tearing them down and putting them back together, and then you turn the key. i bet you were screaming and dancing inside! again, nice job!

Your 100% right Just like after getting it all togather and having the diff problem I got the diff out taken apart put back togather and back in and running in a few hours. If I had the funds I would love to build the motor that I pulled out of the frame I'm useing now. The stock motor I'm running now has plenty of power and I don't need more but being a gearhead I would love to punch out the extra motor with a big bore kit and performance cams. I never left the motors stock in my cars when I was younger I always loved tinkering with them and I worked at a high performance parts warehouse. I don't think I will out grow up.

you can take your time rebuilding the other motor, you don't have to do it all at once. like put 20 bucks away each week/2 weeks, then start having some fun after 6 months. obviously you know what you're doing, and you have done it for a number of years. if you think you'll still have the quad in 3-4 years, set a goal to rebuild the motor in a year or 2 years ... man, your quad is up and running and you have a spare mill, lotsa time!

Never built a quad motor before. Whats bad is for what I was told it would cost to build the v-twin 650 you can buy another quad cheaper. I don't see the prairie going up in value. Just like my friend he's dumped 10,000 in a motor so far for his truck which might sell for 3 to 4,000 on a good day. So I would not want to put more in a motor than the quad would be worth I have between 2,200 to 2,300.00 in it now. I gave 1,600 for it a year ago and 300. for the nonrunning 1 for the frame which was a complete quad minus wiring & plastic & a few odds & ends. I had bought the ITP wheels that was on it for 25.00 and never put them on my old quad. So thats 325.00. Thats how I knew about the frame when I needed it.