Quantcast

2012 Suzuki King Quad - Skid plates, winch, rear hitch and front bumper

Grillmastertoo

First, i want to thank everyone for offering suggestions and help with this project.

The latest on the projects for the king quad are as follows:

Installed bison front and rear bumpers with only a little amount of cussing involved...

Installed to ricochet alum plates underneath with no cussing with the help of two friends who had already arrived completed the install on their 500 Las

I installed the superwinch mounting bracket, the winch with all the wiring.

I had to take it to the dealer for its 10 hour and check up, so I let them hook the electrical portion from the winch to the bike for me.

Overall, I am pleased and now can enjoy riding it. The next thing I do might be to snorkel it....not sure a out that though.

Thanks

Allen

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

Tomorrow morning will bevtge beginning of a 4 day weekebd where there will be a lot of riding.

This weekend is one reason I purchased the bike...

It will mostly be trail riding as it is on a hunting club lease....however, it will be extremely wet and muddy since it is suppose to rain 3 of the 4 days...

Can't wait and will definitely try to get some photos of it in action.

• 2 weeks later...

Plates protected really well, but I do have a new concern.

At the end of the day, there was a tremendous amount of mud and soft leaf debris collected around the boots.

This was being help in place because the skid plate a-arm protector did such a good job.

My question is should this be a concern that mud, dirt, sand debris has collected around the rubber boots and may wear a hole in them?

i always hose or pressure wash those areas out, they really are a big collector. alot of the time in the summer i will wade the bike in a high stream or water source to soften it, then drive it around in the water and most of it clears away. if there is any left when im out of the water, i'll just scoop it out with my hands. so yes if you leave it in there, there is a better chance of it wearing your boots out.