Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

swampcat07

2007 Arctic Cat 500 Auto Oil Light

Ok I am totally stumped on this one any ideas even if they are out of the box are appreciated.

My wife has a 2007 Arctic Cat 500 Auto and just recently after I changed the oil getting ready for the riding season the oil light, when started, comes on for a while and then goes out.

I can't figure it out for the life of me. I have a few ideas but I would like to hear a different perspective from the forum.

Did you put in a thicker oil? does the oil light come on when idling? maybe the switch was stuck open and the oil light didnt work till this last oil change

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

Cant find the owners manual? either its a service light or a pressure switch. Did you check the oil level? Sometimes the light will come on from overfilling.

ok.. i got out a susuki service tips book that is for dealer servive dept. and it says that you should flush out the oil system ... and if that dosent take care of the oil service lite then the oil pump should be rebuilt/replaced ... and that is from a suzuki service tips manual/book that dealers have in the service dept.

Did u find out what the light is for?

From what I have researched so far the AC 650 with the Kawi V2 was the only bike to contain an oil sensor. The light is still in the gauge pod because they used the same part number.

ok.. i got out a susuki service tips book that is for dealer servive dept. and it says that you should flush out the oil system ... and if that dosent take care of the oil service lite then the oil pump should be rebuilt/replaced ... and that is from a suzuki service tips manual/book that dealers have in the service dept.

I am going to check it out this morning. I think I have it solved as of last night but I might flush the oil system next time I change the oil just in case.

The light is back on this morning. Here is a pic of what it looks like. I am going to try and switch out pods.

525415_333784406669959_100001152063858_863283_1266782774_n.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Diana Donner
      I am struggling to find boots that will fit my large calves. I'm not a large person just muscular calves. I wear a women's size 7 but have tried on up to my boyfriend's size 10. Surely there is something out there.... I can't be the only person struggling
    • By Josh Cummins
      Bought this quad a couple days ago. Got it home and couldn't get it started. Got my new starter and recoil on. Starts up great. Took it for a quick spin hot light came on. Guess my question is there a way to test the sensor? If sensor is good what would be next step? Any other common checks I should do before throwing new parts at it?

Thanks.
    • By Laval
      My son’s 17 Alterra 500 just quit today. It was running fine the started stalling and bogging at half throttle. It finally stalled and will not start. The bike was won in a raffle last year. It had sat for a year before he won it. Has ridden it very little since.  It has 180 km on it. We checked  the plug spark seems strong  disconnected the fuel line at the pump and the fuel pump is working well.  Disconnected the injector and it is spraying fuel.  Air filter is clean and there are no mouse nests in the air intake.  Al fuses checked and good. Ideas?

• By Admin
      View File 2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 450 Service Manual
      2016 Arctic Cat Alterra 450 Service Manual 
      Submitter Admin Submitted 10/07/2019 Category Arctic Cat ATV  
    • By Admin
      View File 2016 Arctic Cat Alterra Service Manual
      2016 Arctic Cat Alterra Service Manual - Includes 500, 550, 700 Models
      Submitter Admin Submitted 10/07/2019 Category Arctic Cat ATV  
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By mikeexplorer
      Wiring diagram for 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4

By Guest
      Ok...I'm gettin' me juevos ready to do an oir filter clean....
      Went to my local harley/quad dealer and he had me purchase the No-Toil kit (Cleaner, Air Filter Oil, Rim Grease)
      What I've read is that the No-Toil cleaner will NOT clean
      other oils off air filters....just the No-Toil oil....
      So, I've also read that others have cleaned their air filters
      in the kitchen sink, used gasoline, or used flash solvent....
      Looking for advice as I've mentioned I'm very mechanically
      DECLINED!
      I'm going to wash the air box seal in the sink and give it a good dry....
      One more thing......No-Toil or Bel-Ray for filter oil?
      Thanks!
      -TD
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By toonces
      Have a 2011 Grizz 700 and for the diff oil the manual calls for SAE 80 API GL-4 hypoid gear oil. I'll be using Mobil 1 synthetic but as it comes in two different weights I'm not sure which one to get....either the 75W-90 or the 75W-140.
      The 75W-90 is listed as GL-5 and is recommended for use in 'high-performance vehicles like SUVs, vans and light duty trucks.' The 75W-140 weight is also GL-5 and is recommended for 'high-performance vehicles including sport utility vehicles, vans and light-duty trucks.'
    • By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?