Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

GREENIE

hows everybody been.

So hows everyones summer been. sorry i ve havn t been on here for a while. i did some supid stuff and had to quit the site for a while. hope everybodys summer was good. so whats everyone been up to . i went on two poker runs this summer . one in callensburg and the other at redbank valley. both were muddy as hell and a blast to ride.

So hows everyones summer been. sorry i ve havn t been on here for a while. i did some supid stuff and had to quit the site for a while. hope everybodys summer was good. so whats everyone been up to . i went on two poker runs this summer . one in callensburg and the other at redbank valley. both were muddy as hell and a blast to ride.

Welcome back Greenie:partyc:

In the hospital for 6 weeks, ICU for 22 days, and still doing therapy 3 times a week to learn how to walk again. There was no summer as I spent it laying in hospitals. IT REALLY SUCKED!!!

i m going to be working away from home so i still won t be on very much. just wanted to see how everyone was doing.

Define Stupid Stuff !!!!:laugh: wonderin where U been !! My wrist is healin up ! Slowly gettin back into ridin !!!

Define Stupid Stuff !!!!:laugh: wonderin where U been !! My wrist is healin up ! Slowly gettin back into ridin !!!

well my fiancee didnt like my posts on the orient express thread and some of the other ones. i m glad your wrist is getting better. does it still hurt a little yet.

that really sucks what happened

I know this is a Quad forum and this was on a motorcycle but from eyewitness statements and my brother being only a few seconds behind me here is what I believe happened. I pulled out of a resteraunt where we stopped for lunch. Pulling out I turned right and went up a short hill and into a long right hand turn. For some reason I began to wobble. I wound up standing the bike up and crossed the double yellow. When this happened I struck a car head on. We were both doing around 50MPH so it was about a 100MPH impact. I damaged the undercarriage, the bumper, grill, hood and windshield. I set off the air bags and disabled the car. On the bike, I wound up tearing the seat off with my legs. I also broke the handle bars with my pelvis and tore off the front fairing and windshield. As I was flying through the air I glanced off the windshield and landed about 30 feet from the car, unconscious and busted up bad. I don't remember any of that day and my brain has blocked several weeks around that time. As far as what happened to me, the list is as follows: Broken pelvis both in half and the left leg socket is broken, cracked the right leg socket and broke my tail bone loose, I broke 4 ribs and punctured my right lung, even with a helmet, I had 3 brain bleeds and a concusion, I broke a bone in my left wrist and have tendon damage in my left hand and forearm, there is also nerve damage in my left leg and I have trouble movimg my left foot, I seperated the A/C joint in my right shoulder and have pain in the rotator cuff of my left shoulder, this doesn't even include the soft tissue damage. Then while in the hospital, I developed a blood clot and had to have a filter put into the main vein against my spine just below the kidneys. I have been through more than 9 hours of surgery and now in physicical therapy. This is what I can piece together. I may never really know what happened. As for the bike, the insurance company totaled it.

Edited by handyhiker

Man that would suck atleast your still alive. I hope you have a full recovery and you can get back riding again.I have a friend that was in a bad bike accident. He had a 93 year old man back out right in front of him. He was in icu for three months and them rehab for another three. His whole left side was busted up and he got a blood clot in his brain. He's a lot better now he graduated college and can drive but he never got back on a bike again.

Well like your friend, I too am not going to ride motorcycles anymore. I have too much repair work and metal in me now to chance it. Even riding quads I am sure I will be taking it a little easier.

Well like your friend, I too am not going to ride motorcycles anymore. I have too much repair work and metal in me now to chance it. Even riding quads I am sure I will be taking it a little easier.

Atleast your OK and able to ride something. Just becareful and take it easy.

Glad to see you around Greenie.

Thanks swampcat. It's good to be back on here talking to quad people again.