1. 1. Best Bang For Your Buck

• Arctic Cat’s 400 4x4 Automatic
    • Honda’s FourTrax Rancher 4x4 ES
    • Polaris Hawkeye 4x4
    • Suzuki’s Eiger 400 4x4 Automatic
    • Kawasaki’s Prairie 360 4x4
    • Kymco’s MXU 500
    • Yamaha’s Grizzly 400 Automatic 4x4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Not everyone can afford to roll like a rockstar on high-dollar big-bore quads packed full of the latest and greatest features. Luckily for most of us, there are killer options on the market in 2007 that won’t max out your credit cards or send you spiraling deep into debt.

Below are seven amazing mid-level 4x4s with a variety of power and features for $5,999 or less.

Vote for the one you think is the best "Bang For Your Buck"

Suzuki Eiger

023_md.jpg

Kawasaki Prairie

019_md.jpg

Kymco MXU

022_md.jpg

Polaris Hawkeye

018_md.jpg

Yamaha Grizzly

021_md.jpg

Arctic Cat 400

024_md.jpg

Honda Rancher

020_md.jpg

If you want tto see Quad Magazine's tests on these, click here: The Best 4x4 For $5999 | Features | Quad Magazine

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Suzuki Eiger 1st and the Honda Rancher 2nd.

Suzuki Eiger. It has been the best Bang for the Buck for a while I think.

My father-in-law has a Kawa 360 and it is very nice. I have a friend who has an Eiger and has a lot of problems. I love my Suzukis now though. The Rancher doesn't have a locking front diff which I think is a must for a utility 4x4.

My father-in-law has a Kawa 360 and it is very nice. I have a friend who has an Eiger and has a lot of problems. I love my Suzukis now though. The Rancher doesn't have a locking front diff which I think is a must for a utility 4x4.

Is it an automatic or 5 speed Eiger? I have herd of some problems with the autos. Also herd Suzuki wants to up the horsepower acroos the board to.

Automatic Eiger is the best dollar for dollar. My friend has it and it's been fine for 4 years now. My other friend has the manual version, seems fine also.

Suzuki Eiger in my opinion at $5399 full Auto

LTA400FK7.jpg

i have owned a couple of the quads in this pole and have worked on almost all of them and i would have to say the kawasaki 360 prairie is the most reliable and best built for the money and has a good track record ... the maintance is alot less than several of the others on here also...the honda is also a good choice but they have alot of problems with the electric shift system ...but it is a very reaiable running machine also as long as it will shift properly..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By izzydum1
      Any ideas on what would make a coil not fire? She was running fine, then began slow start. Now wont start at all.
    • By Billie
      :confused:need a repair manual or help in what to look for thank you Bill
      for you muddober to make clear to you the neutral light and the gear light
      do not light up win shifting fuses are good Iuse my CAt for hunting im dissable the atv is my leag s thank you
    • By M0BJT
      Hi Everyone
      This is my first post and I was wondering if there is anyone who can help me solve a problem I have with my Yamaha Kodiak 400 4x4 Fitted with a Mikuni Carburetor . The year of the quad is around 1998, the reason I am not sure of the date is, there wasn't any paperwork and no details on the frame either.
      The quad had a bad leak from the carb overflow which indicated that the float needle valve was blocked or passing so I replaced this and put everything back together. The quad ran really well until I took it onto some rough ground to have a ride around, a few hours later the engine started to run really rough as if the engine was flooding. I have removed the carb again and cleaned the needle valve out and the whole of the carb just in case there where any dirt behind it. Engine now runs fine again but fuel has started to run out the carb overflow again.
      I have tried everything to try and stop the fuel leaking out the overflow but its still happening. My last thoughts where to adjust the float level and its still happening.
      Has anyone got any thoughts on the problem or could suggest whats causing the fuel leaking out the overflow.
      Thanks for reading
      Kevin
    • By Jimc
      It worked intermittenly the last couple times I had it out. Now the switch will not work at all nor the 4 wheel drive. I got the hood off exposing the wires. I checked all connections. The wiring diagram shows the power is coming from the hub safty switch and going to the front AWD hubs and then to the AWD switch. I have no power to the switch. (After 96 & 97 Polaris did away with the hub safty switch.) Any help will be appreciated.
    • By insanemustang
      Looking forward to posting some questions on here, doing some reading on here, and enjoying the company of others.
      So I bought a 1994 Yamaha Big Bear 350 4x4 from a buddy of mine for $1,000. He has had the ATV for about 2 year. No rear problems when talking about the motor. It has failed to start some, and unfortunately it does not have a pull string. Not sure if that is something I can add on later or not. But we traced the issues to the starter and replaced it. Now it starts easily and has a new battery and starter that he bought .
      Issues I am going to be working on, and asking questions about:

Hours display is broken and doesn't show anything at all
      Would like to possibly add a speedometer at some point
      Rear brake doesn't work until the pedal is all the way down to the floor, and then it engages, doesn't really brake. I'm thinking this is a simple adjustment
      ATV pops and clicks when turning. Was thinking CV axles, but not sure and want to be 100% sure before I order replacement parts
      Need to learn the braking system better. It has two hand brakes and then the pedal brake. What's the difference and how do they all work together. Assume one is a hybrid brake that engages both front and rear at the same time, but not sure
      Need to clean/paint the hubs
      The shifting is tough and some times requires more pressure than I'm comfortable with. Not sure if it's lubrication, or an issue with the linkage. Need to learn that too.
      Having a hard time finding a manual online, need to buy one probably

I have around $500 to invest into the ATV. I am hoping this will take it back to really nice riding condition.
      Any thoughts on the above issues/concerns? I plan on using the search functions as well.
      Looking forward to hearing from you all.
      - Brandon