Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

uncleal

1984 Honda Big Red ATC - Starter Issues

I bought this big red 2years ago and have done nothing but put gas in it and use it everyday. Yesterday I was using it, stopped to do something, and it wouldn't start, and I ran the battery dead. After charging the battery the starter wouldn't run. I checked the fuse and it was ok, and the battery was at 12.85v. Any ideas? Thanks.

sounds like you might have killed the starter by overcranking it. Have you tried jumping the starter? Checked the starter solenoid? I know that is a different issue with it not running. I'd check for good spark and fuel after you get the starter figured out.

I know it's been awhile but I got Big Red running by changing out the solenoid. I took a lot of things off that I didn't need to but there were a lot of things, bolts mostly, that the po had broke so I took them out and replaced them. Today BR isn't running very good so I'm going to take the carb off and clean it. Thanks for the help.

I know it's been awhile but I got Big Red running by changing out the solenoid. I took a lot of things off that I didn't need to but there were a lot of things, bolts mostly, that the po had broke so I took them out and replaced them. Today BR isn't running very good so I'm going to take the carb off and clean it. Thanks for the help.

Is it goin ok still?:wink: