Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

bruce

1984 Honda ATC 200es - No Spark

This is what I did so far. New plug, new coil, cdi, stator coil. tried starting it. No spark. Tested coil, Bad coil, again. Can a bad rectifier/reg fry my stator coil? Thanks Bruce

Thanks Oxidized_black, I have another stator and a rectifier/regulator on the way. Anything I need to watch out for. Or just put it together, cross my fingers and hit the starter lol. Thanks again. Bruce

b1jackson, I replaced the stator coil with a new one. After I put everything back together and tried to start it I still didnt have spark. I tested the coil and it tested bad. Something fried the stator coil. The only part I didnt swap is the rectifier/regulator. Im waiting for it in the mail, and a new coil. Thanks for your input. Bruce

Our old Honda three wheeler would burn up spark plugs. It sounds like this would be a stator?

if it was burning up the spark plug it was running way to lean and getting to hot ...ive had that happen building drag race motors an not only burning up the plugs but also melting holes in pistons ..if the plug didnt burn up first..

Just an update on my 200es. First I would like to thank everyone that tried to help and offer advice. I finally got this thing running. I still might have a valve issue, because it pops when it sits and idles. Anyway It turned out to be a bad regulator/rectifier. Thanks again. Bruce. I think Im doing the valves right, but if anyone has some advice Im all ears lol.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Tagged Content

• By Barrysquad
      Somehow I lost all of my spark on my 350Big Bear, its a 1990. It ran well for maybe 3 days! Thought it was the carb. Cleaned it 4 times. It was losing power at midrange. Got worse and worse. Finally nothing!
      Are these good coils? I was thinking I could swap?
      2002 Honda-200cc: primary 0.4(ohm-200) secondary 9.0(ohm20k)
      1990 Yamaha-350cc: primary 0.8 secondary 11.0
    • By JenWal85
      Hope someone can help with this one.
      We took our 1984 Honda TRX 200 to the shop and they had it for about 2 weeks before they finally called and said that they had cleaned the carb and changed the battery and that it had started up.
      We went and got it and when we got home it would not start so we called them, they said bring it back in, so we did. They called us the next day and said they changed the spark plug, and that it was running. We went and got it again and it ran when we drove it off the truck.
      We parked it for about an hour because we were going to get ready to go on a ride. Well, it wouldnt start again.
      So we called them and they said the last thing they could do was order a new CDI box and put that on. I decided to just buy it myself, so I didnt have to pay them labor again. We put the new one on today and its still not starting.
      Does anyone have any ideas on what we could check to see what in the world is going on with this thing?
      Please and Thank you
    • By cbbubby78
      can someone tell me what could be the problem if the electric start doesn't turn the motor over but sparkplug fires like crazy but the pull rope turns the motor but no fire on spark plug. thanks for any advice in advance . cbbubby78
    • By invest0rs
      Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and am hoping someone out there can help me with a no spark issue I am having with my ATV. I have the service manual and I have replaced/checked everything that I know how with the exception of the Digital Igniter Unit. Does anyone know how to test this item to verify if it is bad or not. Thanks in advance for your help. Stacey
    • By surbike11
      Thanks in advance for any help or guidance. I was out riding the other day and lost all spark. I have read every thread on every forum that I could find and have not found an answer. I have checked the codes and its 00. I have ohm metered the stator and crank sensor. I have also replaced the coil pack. I have inspected and cleaned all connections. I do not mud the machine, it is mostly used at the hunting lease for working plots. When I installed the new coil I held the plug on the side of the engine and got 2 little sparks when first turning over and then nothing again. When you turn the machine over like this it eventually flashes EFI on the screen. I checked both wires that go to the coil and noticed that both have ground continuity. While turning over the blue and white one cycle from around 1v to almost 12v. The battery has a full charge and I am at a total loss. I took the kill switch apart and all looked well. Oh yea and all fuses are good. Help me please I am getting very frustrated. Thanks