Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

hawkeye68

2004 Arctic Cat 500 Auto - Clutch Issues

hey guys my primary clutch the inner fixed half is loose and wiggles around but i cannot tell whats wrong what should i be checking according to schematics all the parts are right

just pulled the primary clutch off shoud'nt the fixed half have splines in the center of it this one dont and the shaft does .and theres alot of play

Sounds to me like the clutch body is stripped out. Hopefully one of the A.C. guys will chime in.

Make sure that the belt is not wedged in the clutch, spin the clutch so the belt rides up the clutch before using an impact to tighten it.

Sounds to me like the clutch body is stripped out. Hopefully one of the A.C. guys will chime in.

It shouldn't cost to much to get the variator machined out and a new collar put in if you can find out the original dimension

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Gary Patch
      Hi can anyone help  my 2008 linhai quadzilla 300 is clutch is not doing its job properly the drive is engaging at idle speed slightly    Can I adjust this and if so how thanks
    • By Steven E
      Hi
      Anyone else with a 2017 sportsman with EPS, experiencing hard lock up with the CVT clutches.
      As compared to my friends 2006 Polaris 500 HO they seem to be a lot smoother engagement.
      Any ideas or is this normal for this model.   
    • By Gunny
      Haven't posted anything in a while, but I do have a couple long video's you might enjoy ... I'll post the newest one now, and the other one later ...
      So ... Took a ride to an area I haven't been too in about 10 yrs. Don't remember it being as rocky as it was, and the parts I remember being really bad, although still bad, weren't as bad as my memory remembered ??
      We did 18.4 miles in 7 hrs and averaged 3.3 mph :drivingc: ... Man, What A GREAT DAY !! :woot:
      And some of you are gonna hate me, since this video is 19 minutes ... but I promise, it's not boring at all !! :toetap05c:
      We had great weather, lots of challenges, saw lot of deer .... and not one other person all day long !! :coolgleamAc:
      Make sure you change the video quality to 1080p for the best viewing enjoyment !! :seeyac:
      01 Oct 2013 - Taylors Fork Ride - YouTube
    • By colt
      Here is what I have collected over the years and maybe it will help someone else.
      There are so many and several are too large to upload as attachments, so see any thing you need just shoot me a PM and your email and I will get them on the way to you as fast as I can.
      Thanks
      50cc to150cc Service Manual For Tank Motorsports.pdf
      linhai-atv-service-manuals-linhai-300-parts-manual.pdf
      1986 CH250 ELITE SERVICE MANUAL.pdf
      Charging and ignition systems for atvs.pdf
      Chinese ATV Frame Diagram.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Clutch Diagram - Exploded Views.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Cylinder Head Diagrams.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Torque Specifications.jpg
      Chinese ATV Repair Shop Manual - Valve Clearances.jpg
      Dinli-501-PARTS-DINONP.pdf
      Dinli-601-Parts2003BEAST-DIAMONDBACKNP.pdf
      Dinli-DL-5015erviceManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-502PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-5025erviceManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-503PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-601,DL-603ServiceManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-603PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-604PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-DL-701PartsManual.pdf
      Dinli-ServiceManual-150ccATV.pdf
      DTE150-2-150cc.pdf
      Eagle ATV Fender Body Parts Exploded Diagram.jpg
      Eagle ATV Rear Axle - Exploded Diagram.jpg
      GY6_150cc_ENGINE_PARTS_157QMJ_.jpg
      GY6_Top_End_Rebuild.pdf
      Leopard-parts.pdf
      Linhai_260servicemanual.pdf
      Odes-400-Repair.pdf
      Piston Ring Installation 4 Stroke Engines.jpg
      Roketa-ATV-10(ATV-DO43)-Repair.pdf
      Roketa-ATV-11(ATV-D037)-Repair.pdf
      SLA-120-PARTS.pdf
      SLGK-110-PARTS.pdf
      SLGK-150R-PARTSMANUAL.pdf
      SLGK-400R-PARTS.pdf
      SLU-500-600-700-PARTS.pdf
      slu700db-700UTV-Service-Manual.pdf
      tao-tao-atv-parts-cylinder-rebuild-kit-for 90cc-100cc-110cc-engines-p-13331.pdf
      Trouble Shooter Guide for BATTERY DRAINED Chinese Engines.txt
      Trouble Shooter Guide for NO-COMPRESSION.txt
      Trouble Shooting No Crank.txt
      Troubleshooting.pdf
      YX125CC BREAKDOWN.pdf
      _________________________________________________________________________________

50 to 150cc GY6 Shop Manual.pdf
      Arrow 150 Engine Service Manual.pdf
      Eton Shop Manual YXT-150.pdf
      GY6 Shop Manual.pdf
      Yerf Dog Spiderbox GX150 Service Manual.pdf
    • By bradley nelson
      Im cool with the police in my area so i can ride on public roads.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By LTZ-Zach
      So i was riding the other day and my quad randomly shut off. It started back up and ran completely fine for a little while and then it started idling terribly.
      I cleaned the carb and changed all the jets and everything except the float due to the rebuild kit not coming with one and it actually runs worse then it did before.
      It will run and idle decent now but when I give it gas it dies.
      Does anybody know what could be wrong?
      I also changed the spark plug and air filter along with the oil and oil filter.

• By gregj49
      Blows out black smoke when you rev it up how do you adjust the carb?
    • By Wonderwoman
      Hello, well back to where I was last year with this carb. Took my 250 to the mountains for the first time this year and blue smoke, too much gas again. I can't believe that this carb gives me this much trouble. Seems like the choke is stuck but the cable moves freely. Anyone else ever experience this issue? Do you think a new choke cable would maybe resolve this?http://www.quadcrazy.com/atvforum/images/smilies/arghh.gif
      OK it was the choke. Put on all new cable and plunger and she is running 100% again. So now the question is, is the carb getting worn out where the plunger needle goes in the small hole and when I use the choke the needle end doesn't get lined back up with the hole?? We'll see how it runs and now that I know what the issue is I can always pull the choke plunger out and reinstall if I start having this issue again.