Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

SSreda4

The bottom of a drainage ditch and a swingset

Rough night, tons of tasty beverages involved. Well you might have seen my thread on my new Zilla mud tires on my 700cc 4 wheeler. Well after 3 solid days of rain me and a buddy decided to go see what we could go get into. We left out about 2am and took off down some dirt roads near the house. We went into an empty grown up lot (est 10 acres) and went a path we have been down a dozen times before. I guess I miscalculated our path and we pummeled down past a 6ft tall concrete culvert with the 4 wheeler on top of us in a shallow pool of old rain water. I estimate it was about a 10 ft drop off straight down. We immediately flipped the 4 wheeler right side up and after choosing an appropriate path out, it started and took us home. Here's what she looked like the next day: Damage was front and rear racks, brake handle, and sticky throttle.

700cc1_zps76b90914.jpg

700cc2_zpsfb9e115e.jpg

700cc3_zpsa20ed1f8.jpg

Remember where I said sticky throttle???? Well as I went to put it in the garage later that evening, I blipped the throttle while I wasn't hanging on, did a backflip off the rear rack and watched the 4 wheeler drive itself into the kids swingset. Damn it.

700cc4_zps21224a36.jpg

Well I've got a new swingset coming and spent a few hours repairing and cleaning the bike and she looks like it never happened.

700cc5_zpsa465421d.jpg

On 6/10/2013 at 4:06 AM, SSreda4 said:

Rough night, tons of tasty beverages involved. Well you might have seen my thread on my new Zilla mud tires on my 700cc 4 wheeler. Well after 3 solid days of rain me and a buddy decided to go see what we could go get into. We left out about 2am and took off down some dirt roads near the house. We went into an empty grown up lot (est 10 acres) and went a path we have been down a dozen times before. I guess I miscalculated our path and we pummeled down past a 6ft tall concrete culvert with the 4 wheeler on top of us in a shallow pool of old rain water. I estimate it was about a 10 ft drop off straight down. We immediately flipped the 4 wheeler right side up and after choosing an appropriate path out, it started and took us home. Here's what she looked like the next day: Damage was front and rear racks, brake handle, and sticky throttle.

700cc1_zps76b90914.jpg

700cc2_zpsfb9e115e.jpg

700cc3_zpsa20ed1f8.jpg

Remember where I said sticky throttle???? Well as I went to put it in the garage later that evening, I blipped the throttle while I wasn't hanging on, did a backflip off the rear rack and watched the 4 wheeler drive itself into the kids swingset. Damn it.

700cc4_zps21224a36.jpg

Well I've got a new swingset coming and spent a few hours repairing and cleaning the bike and she looks like it never happened.

700cc5_zpsa465421d.jpg

Those racks saved a lot of damage.  You lucked out for not having any broken limbs. That's one tuff quad wow. You could say you drove off a cliff with a passenger.