Quantcast

my 2009 kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i is running excessively hot but no coolant light

Ok my 2009 Kawasaki brute force 750 4x4i is back firing & cutting out when excellerated and the engine is getting hot enough that it burns my leg through jeans and it feels like the exhaust is melting the fender and I can sometimes smell burning plastic.

I checked the fan and it is fine, also pulled the fuel pump out and tested and cleaned it and it stopped back firing and cutting out but still runs hot but not showing the temp sensor indicator light on the dfi at all... I checked the plugs and cleaned gapped ect they are fine... radiator is clean and not stopped up, oil level good, injectors working property and clean..... I just don't know what else to do to it.... HELP!:no:

• 4 weeks later...
Just curious, how did you verify that the pump and injectors are running right? Also did you check to see if the water pump impeller is ok. Sometimes the corrode

Do you have a shop manual?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I checked my pump by turning on the key and measuring the amount of fuel it pumps into a measuring cup in sec and I cleaned the injectors not sure how to test them

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By bob2007
      Hy there great to be able to communicate with people having knowledge I have a continuous problem with a leaking carburetor and I just saw a small rubber hose detached from the bottom of the carburetor and i cannot find were it should be attached and how the two side should be affixed to the carburetor any suggestions as i cannot find a description plan on it thank you Bob
    • By jashadams
      So I installed a new shock on my 125 yesterday sadly it wasn't adjusted right I took it off to adjust it tried to install it again today and it no longer fits I loosened the nuts on the spring again and it still won't fit idk what I'm doing wrong when I try to install it but I'm lost any tips or videos would be great thanks.
    • By Spritee1
      having an issue with the unit when running under a load up a hill or in high gear, seems like the belt is slipping, there is a clapping sound coming from the primary clutch like it releases and snaps back in. i don't think I should have a noise like that. this is a friends unit and he has already replaced the primary twice with the same result.
      not sure where to look next
    • By justent_88
      Hello, im looking for some input on this situation i have. My 94 Mojave has no spark, and i have no idea what it is. Ive replaced/tested the magneto, the pickup coil, cdi, the ignition coil. Even the key and Killswitch. I haven't tested the harness its self, but i have tried another harness and still nothing. The only thing i can think of is the fly wheel itself. I have found a lot of metal shavings in the fly wheel and have cleaned it the best I could. But nothing happened afterwards. I am truly stumped here and hoping some of yous could shed some knowledge/ideas that could help get this thing to fire. 
    • By mkibbe
      My 2014 750 king quad stalls sometimes when I touch or turn the handlebars,the problem has gotten worse,my machine has 475 miles and is only trail ridden,I have a new factory battery and i have 14.2 volts when the quad is running and 13.3 on the battery when not running,also using a multimeter there is no change in volts when turning the bars until it does stall,If I pull the 40 amp power steering fuse it will not stall.......I've been told its the ECU,Hate to buy one if thats not the problem,but its kinda leaning towards that,,,,,need some opinions.