if i put lights on my quad and hooked it to the battery with a swtich would it kill the battery? i have an elec start

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

It shouldn't, as long as you do not leave the lights on when the machine off. Also make sure that they do not draw too much power from your atv. Get a basic 12 volt automotive set or an approved atv light set.

Napa sells a simple inexpensive 12v light that my buddy used on his Tecate. I have some on my Blazer too.

Picture007.jpg

I have been real happy with my Warn ATV Trail Lights :cool:

They must have some thick glass as I'm always seeing rocks

bounce off of them and the kit comes with everything !

Less then ½ hour and I was done :cool:

100_1268.jpg

This is where I found the kit;

ATV Accessories > Lights > WARN ATV Trail Lights :: AllTerrainOnline.com

Those are some nice little lights, I would love to see a pic in the dark with just them on to see how bright they are. :smile:

I was thinking of adding an HiD set to mine but didnt know how they would hold up in the rough. Anyone have any input on that?

Nice pics Desert-Hawk!

I think you can even get a basic set of automotive fog lights in Walmart in the automotive section. CHEAP!

Nice pics Desert-Hawk!

I think you can even get a basic set of automotive fog lights in Walmart in the automotive section. CHEAP!

I have seen this on a few rides and they seem to not have the type

of glass that rocks bounce off, I'd suggest rock gaurds :yes:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By donens
      Having light problems on 1983 Yamaha YTM200E. The lights all work when using the ignition key switch, while not running. However, when running and using the handlebar switch the lights will not work. Using the repair manual from Clymer, attached, I checked the lighting coil and voltage regulator. The lighting coil ohm test is within spec. However I cannot any continuity from the regulator between red and white wire in either direction.
      Got a used voltage regulator, but it failed the continuity test as well.
      Can anyone help?

Clymer_RepairManual_Regulator_Rectifier_Test.pdf
    • By markngeg
      I have a 2001 Kodiak Ultramatic. I parked in the garage in late fall and a now trying to get it started. Fresh gas, recharged the battery. The Reverse light is on no matter what gear I have it in. It comes on as soon as I turn on the key. When in Park, both the 'P' and 'R' lights are on; when in Neutral, then 'N' and 'R' lights are on. I am assuming there is a 'deadman switch' somewhere that keeps me from turning it over. In Neutral, I can roll the machine back and forth-no change in the lights.
      I am suspecting a short, but this is the first ATV I've owned and I don't have a lot of experience with them. Is there some other possible problem? Like I said earlier, it was working fine when I parked it and it has not moved since. It has been parked in an enclosed garage-my car sits outside, of course.
    • By bigdoglv
      98 Yamaha 250cc Timberwolf 4X2: Looking for ideas. Sometimes my neutral light and reverse light will not work. At the same time no electric start. I used to be able to pull start it and they would come on. Now that does not work. Does anyone have any ideas what may be happening. Thanks for the help!
    • By Oldbugs
      I've got an 02 ltf250f and it starts perfect, runs perfect, shifts perfect and looks perfect. The only thing is the reverse and neutral lights on the "dash" don't work, they've never worked since I've owned it about 3 yrs. now. I've checked the only two fuses that I could find, replaced both of the bulbs and kinda went around "jiggling" wires with no results. The fact that they don't work doesn't really bother me but my 8yo wants to start driving his sister around in I'd like him to be able to see when he's in neutral or reverse. Thanks Kelly
    • By mb1968
      I've got a Kawasaki Brute Force 300 4x2 and i am going to start doing some night riding, from what i can come up with is that it takes a H4 35W/35W headlight. Would a h4 bulb with a higher wattage rating put a strain on my electrical system versus installing some PIAA off road lights made for atvs ? Now mind you that i have a Superwinch LT3000 also.