Quantcast

Searching for manuals and ATV information

Here's a  "heads up"  for   everyone searching for  owners  or  service manuals for your  quad.

While searching  for  service manuals to  help  others  posting  in the forum,  I've  come across a couple of  sites early in each search that  claim to  offer  the service manual needed.  When  clicking the  link for the  manual  pdf,  it opens a  download link showing an  .exe  file.  DO NOT CLICK ON ANY DOWNLOAD LINK THAT SHOWS AN EXE  FILE TO GET  A  PDF OF ANY  MANUAL !  I  am  running Windows  10  Pro and it is set  to   show the full address and type of any  file.  It also  prevents automatic  downloads unless I  specifically allow  them. Those  fake manual  pdf  downloads try to  automatically  install  the file  downloader it actually  contains rather than  a true  pdf.  Had it  actually been able to  run  automatically,  it would have downloaded a  load of hurt on my   PC.  The downloader link  was able to  install into the temp  folder in  my Windows but was not able to execute  because I did not  click to allow it .  Afterwards,  my  A/V  program detected  the malware in the temp  folder  and quarantined  it  for removal. Had  my  PC not  been set  to  show the complete address and type  of  file and to  not  automatically  download  files I'd have  one  very  compromised  computer.

Everyone ,  make sure  your  anti-virus  program is kept  up to  date with the latest  definitions  for  it.  Set  your computer  to  show the  complete  address and type  of file  rather than  allowing it to   auto - hide known  Windows  file types  so  a program  such as   xxx.pdf.exe  shows  as such  and  not  as just  xxx.pdf    with the   known  file type  .exe  hidden. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

What a great topic and thanks for posting! Manuals are a top search for item here at QUADCRAZY and we have some members that have taken the time to post these manuals in the community, which we are all thankful for. We have a collection of some on this site and I'm sure there's more out there to share. Very soon, we will be launching a dedicated downloads section where we will have categories and offer the ability for members to share and download as needed. More to come. :D 

Everyone  can download and save the manuals from those sites I listed. Rather than   download the  manuals and then  re-post them  on the  site, I  just  gave the  link  so those interested  can download the  manuals themselves.  I know  those  manual  downloads  are  legit  and safe  because I  did open  them in my  browser to  check  before posting the  links.

6 minutes ago, davefrombc said:

Everyone  can download and save the manuals from those sites I listed. Rather than   download the  manuals and then  re-post them  on the  site, I  just  gave the  link  so those interested  can download the  manuals themselves.  I know  those  manual  downloads  are  legit  and safe  because I  did open  them in my  browser to  check  before posting the  links.

That works. We are going to start a a library of manuals and other downloads which are currently attached to topics all over the forum:D

I  have a folder with  all the  manuals I've posted links to  on the forum  plus a couple of others.  I also  have  a file  listing all  the  BCI  battery  groups and their specs for anyone  wanting to  install  a second  battery  or  update  their  existing battery and want to  know what  battery  will  fit the  battery  box or  space available.

Another  file  that   is useful  if you want to  wire  in  an accessory  or other 12 volt wiring is one  listing the current handling  capacity of the  different wire gauges over the  length needed for the  application.

When  you   have  the  library set up  I  can upload them  all  to  it; although the  Suzuki  LTF-500  manual  is over  150MB  so  it exceeds the  max  attachment  size. All  the others  are  under the  limit.

Cool, you are welcome to test the downloads section (under the Browse menu on top). It is now open. For the branded ATV/UTV categories, when you add a file it will start a new topic in the corresponding forum. The Other files category will not. So what you will have is a topic like this:

Topic:

File:

(Most content will automatically embed within the topic when posting a url from this site and some others like youtube, google maps, etc...to make it pretty!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...