Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Reedygillespie

300 King Quad Running Problem

Good after noon everyone, new here and really sure how to post anythang or get back to the topic I was lookn for so maybe u quad fans can help me out. I've got a 300 king quad that I really need info on. It's drivin me nuts . It starts and idles great but when I give it gas it spits and sputters. Anyone that could help me get lined out on this forum and my old quad u be a blessing .

I would try turning out the pilot screw out until it clears up a bit....up to 3 turns out from a fully seated position. If you need more than that, then I would get the next bigger jet and start again from 1/2 turn out and until you get 'er dialed in. Only turn it about 1/8 turn at a time...a little at a time will do a lot

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Reedygillespie said:

Good after noon everyone, new here and really sure how to post anythang or get back to the topic I was lookn for so maybe u quad fans can help me out. I've got a 300 king quad that I really need info on. It's drivin me nuts . It starts and idles great but when I give it gas it spits and sputters. Anyone that could help me get lined out on this forum and my old quad u be a blessing .

The problem  could be a failing spark  plug.  Fires ok  under idle but fails as soon  as a load is put on it.   If it  is in the  carb,  you could try turning  in the pilot screw to  closed , then  back it off 1 1/2  turns  ad try it .. Try  screwing the  screw in  and out  from  there as  fartknocker  suggests.

Here  is  a link to  a  service manual that will also  apply to your  quad.

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

Under the  browse /  download  button at the top  of the forum  are links to service manuals  and other  useful  info for members.

Thanks guys . I piddled with her a little today . Changed the plug , still the same.removed the air box noticed a lot of nasty in it , starts right up but the same. I noticed , I can cut it off and start it , it revs fine for a sec. (Every time) but then it starts sputtern.?

Should I remove and clean the carb. Had one since 95 but never had to clean the carb on one. Got this one from my father in law she only got 900 miles , and that was just for farm use. Org tires and all. Want to make her my little ride.

I have moved these posts out of the the Good Morning topic and created this new topic for you regarding your issues with your King Quad. Please update with your year when you get a chance.🙂

New Topic - 

This link is available to logged in members only. Please login or register to view this link.

If it starts and revs fine  for a second and then  sputters ,  it  is starving for  fuel. You  need to  service the  carb. There  is a vacuum  piston/ diaphragm   on it that  may  be  damaged or leaking. The  high  speed  jet  could be  plugged or  one of the passages . If it  sat  for  a  long time with  old fuel  in the  carb,  it  is  most likely  badly  gunked up.