Roostin

Review Yamaha Raptor 700

13 posts in this topic

image.php?gallery=LzQ4&w=500&h=500

The first thing you notice about the Raptor 700 is the easy starting. You never have to touch the throttle. Just hit the start button. Throttle response on the machine is extremely crisp throughout the RPM range. It is so responsive that it can easily put you on your butt if you are not ready for the power. When I first rode the Raptor I thought that the power was extreme, and I still do.

All around the Raptor 700 is very comfortable. The relationship between the bars, seat, and pegs allow the rider to have plenty of room to move around. While sitting my knees were actually at a bit of a downward angle, making it easy to transition from sitting to standing.

Overall I would call this thing very twitchy. I found it very easy to ride all of the trails all day in second gear. I used third a few times, but never got into fourth while trail riding. The hill climbs that I attempted were rather easily done. I hit it in second and actually had to get off the throttle at the top because the machine had gained so much speed.

[link=http://www.southbayriders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25615]Hill climb vid by NY-VMax-Joe[/link]

I give the machine an 8 of 10 in my inexperienced view.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

Raptor is a nice machine even with the 660!

I LOVE MINE:tongue:

I rode my friends 350 and it was alot nicer than stuff I was used to riding. I can only imagine what the 660 and 700 would be like.:wacko:

speed is a addicting drug for me the faster the better. the raptor 700 is a big ass rush. luvvvv it. i really love the fuel injection::biggrin::biggrin::10600:

The 700's sick, the 660s couldn't touch me before I had the Trinity Stage IV exhaust kit on it. I broke my collarbone 1st day out with the new pipe, so I only got about 2 hours on it, but definitly a huge difference in power throughout the rpms and better throttle response. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!:biggrin:

This site as well as this particular thread, needs a boost!

So here you go:

DSC00016.jpg

Nothing sez B.O.o.S.T. Like a set of Duals on a Big Bore!

yeah I rode a 700 once it was awsome I flipped over backwards but only because I was riding a wheelie for a long time till the grab bar hit then it went over backwards. My only complante about them is that they are really heavy

yo is that an 06 se that you have? i was looking at one and i was wondering if $3,000 is a good price for one that is in extremely good condition.

You just Revived an almost 4 yr old Thread:wink: The only one still around is AJMboy...:biggrin:

Still Here and Kicking!!!

I AGREE WITH MY RAPTOR 700, IT'S THE BEST MACHINE I'VE EVER RIDING. HAD IT COMING TO 3 YEARS NOW AND NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH IT. NOT EVEN A BATTERY PROBLEM. I HAVE OTHER FRIENDS ABOUT THE SAME TIME I BOUGHT MINE, AND HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH THEIRS ALREADY. AND NO THEY DON'T HAVE A YAMAHA. WOULDN'T TRADE MY YAMAHA AT ALL ... :partyc:

I think that the big Rapors, 660 and 700, are the most versitile sport atv's ever built. Tons of power available for haulin ass, but at the same time, the motor is tame enough for a beginner to ride. The power is smooth with no suprises, handling is good, and they seem to be pretty reliable. However, not my cup of tea, it is a great machine, but the engine isn't racy enough for my prefference, and I find myself less comfortable with the high ride height compared to a race class machine.