Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Gunny

Apache Backcountry Tracks - First Ride 27 Dec 2017

FINALLY ... I was able to get out & try out my new BRP Apache Backcountry Tracks. And all I can say is .... WOW !!! These tracks are AWESOME !!! We do need more snow ... so Please ... PRAY FOR SNOW !!!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, mikeexplorer said:

nice video, looks like there is a good snow cover

THANKS Mikeexplorer Guy ... glad you enjoyed the video. The snow looks good, but there should be a heck of a lot more. And down lower (I was at approx 9000 ft in this video) there's only about 23 inches of snow. We need more snow REAL bad !!!

THANKS for watch'in the video too !!

6 hours ago, mikeexplorer said:

Being from the East, I would call that good snow cover :)

Mike

Oh, well, in a normal snow year there should be between 60 to 72 inches of snow right there where I'm riding at the end of the video. Those drifts in the background should be 10 ft high. And there's maybe, 38 to 42 inches of snow this year & the drifts are babies.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By Gunny
      Here's a short video were I discuss the Apache Backcountry Tracks compared to my Tatou Tracks for where I live and my type of riding. I hope you enjoy the review !!

• By Ajmboy
      So we are almost a month into winter and I've been so busy working on my house that up until today, I didn't realize that we just haven;t gotten any real snow yet to warrant putting the plow on my grizzly. So that got me thinking, what are the latest plows out there and what ATV plows are the best? I've got 2 snow plows for my grizzly, a quadboss pile driver atv plow set up and a snowsport ATV plow. They are both a bit dated now and I tend to stick with the snowsport due to ease of use and I just like it so much. So if you have a plow on your ATV, please let us know what it is and post a picture with your atv/plow would be awesome. Would also like to know what you like and dislike about it.
      This is back a while when I did a write up on these 2 plows.... in 2009 I got the snowsport and in 2012 I got the quadboss.

• By Gunny
      Haven't been tracking because I was down with a cold. And it really sucked because we had several storms come thru and put down some nice fresh snow. But it's all good now. Except now, the temps are really going to start going up which means the snow is melting fast. But I got out on 27 Mar & the tracking was AWESOME !!! Hope you enjoy the video !!!

• By Bobby Belmain
      I bought a 1995 Polaris scrambler 400l 4x4 out from under a pine tree here in northern Maine the only action it seen was a plow truck hit it twice in 9 years when I got it home I tore it down the starter and rewind was full of rusty mud cleaned the carburetor put a new plug 3.2 ounce bc oil gear case oil mustard bottle shot of gas in the cylinder wrapped a rope around the clutch and pulled wow sled motor right got about 20 hours of pure full throttle fun then I buried it in a little place we call fiddlehead run black mud that I swear locked up the tires on a Kawasaki brute and snapped a shaft I flew across the top anyways long story even longer I killed crank bearings complete engine rebuilt in my or I should say my wife's living room it was hard on her now its fleshly installed I ported and polished it new everything inside I want to out drag raptor 700's I hate guys that can't change a plug I want to keep the 4x4 but alot of weight also sprockets what's the best combination and my main jet should I change it and I want to know if I can add a nitrous kit to it does anyone know if it will take down a raptor 700 if not I'm gonna put an xc700 shortblock sled motor in it 

• By Dan C
      Good evening   Can anyone tell me if the 2000 and 2003 Yamaha Kodiak machines have the same chassis?   I want to put a specific snow plow on my 2000 but the manufacturer dose not list a mount earlier than 2003.

Thank you