Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Smitty2662

2003 Yamaha Warrior 350 No power to ignition switch

Hello just bought a 2003 warrior 350 bought new battery went out out battery in it and I'm not getting any sign of life from machine no neutral light no nothing so I took a wrench and jumped the coil witch in turn got the starter to start turning checked fuse in bullete connector seems fine any one think of something quick I can check. Also machine sat for past 2 plus years ty 

Check all your connections and check that ignition switch.

* Added ATV info into your topic title.

• Thanks 1

Will do ty will update with any more info when I have the time to tinker with more but any thoughts is much appreciated ty

1 minute ago, Smitty2662 said:

Will do ty will update with any more info when I have the time to tinker with more but any thoughts is much appreciated ty

You clearly have power from your battery, it's just a matter of isolating why your ignition switch isn't turning things on. 

Should be on the bottom of the engine near the shifter, there is a sensor. And also a relay near the fuse block and start relay. Take a look.  I attached a few pages form the manual of a warrior that should be similar.  You can also find the manual to that bike on this site in the upper right tab and go to downloads. 

5E80D204-5F99-4EDC-90D5-43EAF827E515.jpeg

3A399430-8A1A-4424-B3C5-F0372EE5627E.jpeg

25A470D9-3EE2-4E96-A383-C143D4FA18C0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 9:52 AM, Smitty2662 said:

Hello just bought a 2003 warrior 350 bought new battery went out out battery in it and I'm not getting any sign of life from machine no neutral light no nothing so I took a wrench and jumped the coil witch in turn got the starter to start turning checked fuse in bullete connector seems fine any one think of something quick I can check. Also machine sat for past 2 plus years ty 

If you don't have the neutral light on when it's in neutral that bike will not start.  Probably either a faulty neutral switch or a broken wire.   That neutral switch has to be grounded in order for the light to come on.