Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Smitty2662

2003 Yamaha Warrior 350 No power to ignition switch

Hello just bought a 2003 warrior 350 bought new battery went out out battery in it and I'm not getting any sign of life from machine no neutral light no nothing so I took a wrench and jumped the coil witch in turn got the starter to start turning checked fuse in bullete connector seems fine any one think of something quick I can check. Also machine sat for past 2 plus years ty 

Check all your connections and check that ignition switch.

* Added ATV info into your topic title.

• Thanks 1

Will do ty will update with any more info when I have the time to tinker with more but any thoughts is much appreciated ty

1 minute ago, Smitty2662 said:

Will do ty will update with any more info when I have the time to tinker with more but any thoughts is much appreciated ty

You clearly have power from your battery, it's just a matter of isolating why your ignition switch isn't turning things on. 

Should be on the bottom of the engine near the shifter, there is a sensor. And also a relay near the fuse block and start relay. Take a look.  I attached a few pages form the manual of a warrior that should be similar.  You can also find the manual to that bike on this site in the upper right tab and go to downloads. 

5E80D204-5F99-4EDC-90D5-43EAF827E515.jpeg

3A399430-8A1A-4424-B3C5-F0372EE5627E.jpeg

25A470D9-3EE2-4E96-A383-C143D4FA18C0.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 9:52 AM, Smitty2662 said:

Hello just bought a 2003 warrior 350 bought new battery went out out battery in it and I'm not getting any sign of life from machine no neutral light no nothing so I took a wrench and jumped the coil witch in turn got the starter to start turning checked fuse in bullete connector seems fine any one think of something quick I can check. Also machine sat for past 2 plus years ty 

If you don't have the neutral light on when it's in neutral that bike will not start.  Probably either a faulty neutral switch or a broken wire.   That neutral switch has to be grounded in order for the light to come on.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Forum Topics

• By STEP MONSTER
      as soon as key is turned on 30 amp fuse blows. replaced battery & starter relay. no luck.
    • By Frank Angerano
      I’m looking for any member that may be familiar with the neutral safety switch on this bike.   
      I picked up a bayou 220 that I found sitting in a shed. Nice looking bike the guy said it would not start one day and put it away and never touched it again.  
      So it turns out the neutral safety switch is bad.  I jumped it out and the bike fired up and runs good.  
      I’m more then capable of the work in changing it but this thing is buried pretty good. I’m curious if anyone has done the switch replacement before? 
      I attached some pics to see.
      picture 1 is the side view you can see the green and red wires going into the cover. 
      Pic 2 shows looking down on the drive shaft coming out of that cover.  That is not a simple cover you just pull off. 
      Im wondering how deep and how much shit has to come off like the drive shaft etc for this switch  to be replaced. 
      So if any of the QC members have done this switch I’m looking for any input with regard to changing it.  
      Thanks. 

• By Ajmboy
      Have you ever bought from Rocky Mountain ATV? If so, what did you buy and how was the service, shipping, price, etc. Just looking for some feedback. They seem to still be one of the leaders out there in atv parts and accessories, although I don't usually recommend them because I don't use them personally. 
    • By Rob113
      Hello guys! I ride a triton 450 super moto. i hawe change connecting road... Now all is okey,test drive ok manny km done. But there is one problem...i hawe buy a new accu. But the starter is verry hard rotate...almost stops.  So the motor is wery hard to start. I hawe trie connect the starter directley to accu and its the same thing.Before rebuild the starter has work normal.
      What hawe i done wrong?
      Sorry for my English:)
    • By pokolbinguy
      Hi All,
      Following on from the brief interlude in the "introducing myself" thread....

In a nutshell, I acquired a YFM250 Moto 4 (1991) for cheap recently with the previous owner citing "no spark, needs a new magneto coil and I don't have time to fix it"... anyway I am dubious that the magneto/generator is the issue and thinking more along the line of ignition coil as after a clean up of the magneto I was able to get a rather decent voltage reading off the magneto with pull start and resistence readings seem to check out that the magneto is all ok (all 3 x phases = 1.2 ohms and no run to ground)
      None the less I ordered a new Ignition coil and Magneto/generator coil and am waiting for them to arrive.

In the mean time I cleaned up the current Magneto, popped in a new battery and sparkplug, checked out all the wiring harness, all seemed good except I came across the "neutral switch" wire was broken.

After wiring up a new neutral switch wire, the neutral light now comes on  (small win) and the starter relay (attached to rectifier) now clicks. If I hit the starter switch on handle bar the starter motor spins and if I  pull the cord starter I get a spark on pull....YAY!! I'll try and attach a video below if possible.

So onto the starter motor. Starter solenoid seems to work A-ok, even if it looks crappy and starter motor spins as it should when I hit the start switch....but here is my issue.

When the starter motor runs it turns Cog #1 and Cog #2 (see photo below)....but the chain in the back of the starter which I assume is the timing chain, does not move and there is no apparent movement of the piston in the cylinder.

If I turn it by hand (per photo) or with the pull starter however the chain moves and the engine turns. However cog #2 rotates but not fluidly with the "Crank" (part I turn by hand) for the lack of a better word to use if that makes sense?

Is there a grub screw or similar on Cog #2 that fixes it to the center shaft to make it all turn when the starter motor is run? Could there be a part missing? Previous owner had the starter apart so could be possible?

The outer/front part seems to be on a key-way so not sure how to remove this easily to check how Cog #2 is attached.

What am I missing here?

spark_baby.mpg