Quantcast

Speed!!!!!!!!!!

(ATC) 3 wheelers where already banned from sales before the Quadzilla attack. Any how I was talking ATVS , NOT ATCS. ATCs got banned for simialer reasons, but before the shights got set on ATVS. Just like motorcycles. Look how common streetbikes are now. They have a higher sales rate than th U.S. has a divorce rate.

Also ATV seals increased when ATC where banned. No more new ATC to compete with.I also said early 1990's not mid to wanna late Eighties. Correct me if I wrong but ATC were banned in 1985 or 1986 for new sales in the US.

no your right the atc's were banned in the mid 80's....i was just saying that the trike also had a toll in lowering the overall intrest and sales juring those times... too many people got killed on those things cuz there nuts.... ..

no your right the atc's were banned in the mid 80's....i was just saying that the trike also had a toll in lowering the overall intrest and sales juring those times... too many people got killed on those things cuz there nuts.... ..
Careless and Dumba$$ Sounds better. Almost ruined it for the rest of us ATVers. Like Honda says" Stupid Hurts". That is pretty much an understatement.

The downfall of ATCs did help the sale of atvs. Ten yours of little or no changes didn't help either.

But look at the selection we have now. I don't care who you are, there is a selection of atvers.Still miss 3 wheelers. Yamaha, Honda, and Kawasaki had some awsome 2 stroke 3 wheelers. Plus 300 LBS and under weight was nice to.

The last production yr. for some of the models of the ATC were in 87 however the ban was in affect in 86....From what I understand....The ban was lifted a few yrs ago....It was a 20 yr thingy....There is a least 1 company that I know of that is Trying to bring it back...Extreme...

This is for you Billy....My Riding partners 86 Tecate....FAST!!!

picture139xg6.jpg

Anyway,,,, I cant remember if I posted this Video....This is my old Tri-Z/Ninja750 going to work at my buddies Strip....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPFc8QjGruQ]YouTube - 3 wheeler dominates quad[/ame]

I don't know if it's true but the local AC dealer said the new ThunderCat1000 will do 85mph in 4x4.I was riding with a buddy who has a Prairie 650(has speedometer)and I know my stock DVX400 will do at least 65.It wasn't maxed out yet;the same dealer said the DVX'll do around 70-75.Has anyone installed a Trailtech speedometer/tachometer?I'm thinking about getting one and want to know how difficult it is to install.

I don't know if it's true but the local AC dealer said the new ThunderCat1000 will do 85mph in 4x4.I was riding with a buddy who has a Prairie 650(has speedometer)and I know my stock DVX400 will do at least 65.It wasn't maxed out yet;the same dealer said the DVX'll do around 70-75.Has anyone installed a Trailtech speedometer/tachometer?I'm thinking about getting one and want to know how difficult it is to install.

From what I've seen, a Z400, let alone DVX400 cannot hang with my 450. The TRX450 will top out stock around 72-75mph. I really don't see a DVX400 going 70-75mph:no:

you need to find a new dealer than :laugh:

no quad is supposed to go over 80 stock.

Who told you no quad was supposed to go over 80?Your PoPo dealer or your "other"dealer?:rolleyes:I've seen Banshees go over 100.You're not "supposed" to do some of the things you do but you still do them right?I rest my case.

From what I've seen, a Z400, let alone DVX400 cannot hang with my 450. The TRX450 will top out stock around 72-75mph. I really don't see a DVX400 going 70-75mph
I think you have the size=faster way of thinking.Maybe there was something wrong with the one Z400 you ran against?Maybe it had lower gearing that limited the top end?Maybe I have one of the few that were extra fast stock?Since you've never ridden with me you really don't know.

Who told you no quad was supposed to go over 80?Your PoPo dealer or your "other"dealer?:rolleyes:I've seen Banshees go over 100.You're not "supposed" to do some of the things you do but you still do them right?I rest my case.I think you have the size=faster way of thinking.Maybe there was something wrong with the one Z400 you ran against?Maybe it had lower gearing that limited the top end?Maybe I have one of the few that were extra fast stock?Since you've never ridden with me you really don't know.

So you're telling me a stock DVX400 does over 70mph. All the 450's stock do about 70-75. I'm not thinking bigger=faster, I'm thinking quad built for racing vs. a quad built for trails. It is all about the gearing. I don't doubt the DVX is capable of hitting 75mph. Just not stock.

Sport/Utility Atv's

Kawasaki Prairie 650....65mph!!!

Honda Rubicon..........53mph

Yamaha Grizzly.............61mph

Honda Recon..................48mph

Honda 250EX..............53mph

Kawasaki Prairie 400.....50mph

Polaris Magnum 500......51mph

Polaris Sportsman..........57mph

Arctic Cat 500...............47mph

Yamaha Wolverine.........59mph

Arctic Cat 300...............48mph

Honda Foreman 450.........52mph

Yamaha Big Bear(99).....53mph

Yamaha Big Bear 400(old)...44mph

Yamaha Kodiak(99')......53mph

Honda Rancher...49mph

Suzuki Quadrunner 500 4x4...47mph

Kawasaki Prairie 300.....47mph

Honda 300.....................50mph

Suzuki King Quad 300..44mph

Sport Atv's

Yamaha Raptor.............71mph

Yamaha Banshee............68mph

Honda 400EX................66mph

Polaris Sport 400..........64mph

Bombardier DD650...........71mph

Polaris Scrambler 500..........63mph

Pulled this from another site.....

Where I live at in West Virginia, each year I have a thing called Open ATV week. Anyone can bring their ATV if it's stock and run it down a 1/3 of a mile stretch and someone is standing at the end with a radar gun to get their top speed. This year, this is what our radar picked up...and yes these atvs where stock.

Raptor 700 - 76 mph

Raptor 660 - 72 mph

Raptor 350 - 61 mph

Banshee 350 - 72 mph

Predator 500 - 74 mph

YFZ 450 - 73 mph

TRX 450R - 74 mph

Bombardier DS650 - 75 mph

Honda 400 EX - 68 mph

Suzuki Z400 - 68 mph

KFX 700 Kawi - 74 mph

Sportsman 500 H.O - 61 mph

Yamaha Blaster 200 - 58 mph

Yamaha Wolverine 350 4x4 - 55 mph

Honda 300 EX - 59 mph

Scrambler 500 Polaris - 65 mph

I would love to show the Yamaha pricks at ATVFAN the YFZ's top speed and the TRX's top speed. In one month I'm heading out to Rabbit Valley, Co. There are plenty of stretches of trail that I can definitly hit my top speed. I plan on mounting my GPS to my bars so I can see how fast I can go! I'm thinking about 77.
Don't hold back about ATVFAN. Tell us what you think of them there pricks.

I have nothing ahainst anybody personally over there, but I'm just sick of hearing how nothing can beat a Can-am. And how Yamaha is gods gift to quads. I'm in love with Honda. That doesn't mean I don't like other manufacters. Everyone over there seems to think I'm very biased because I love my Honda. I'm sick of hearing nothing but how Can-am has set the new standard. I happened to have said that I heard the DS450 has a narrow seat, that opened up a whole new can of worms. I hate closed minded people. Thanks Buck Billy! I needed that.

I have nothing ahainst anybody personally over there, but I'm just sick of hearing how nothing can beat a Can-am. And how Yamaha is gods gift to quads. I'm in love with Honda. That doesn't mean I don't like other manufacters. Everyone over there seems to think I'm very biased because I love my Honda. I'm sick of hearing nothing but how Can-am has set the new standard. I happened to have said that I heard the DS450 has a narrow seat, that opened up a whole new can of worms. I hate closed minded people. Thanks Buck Billy! I needed that.
You forgot about Roody and the Brute Force 650 being the King 4x4 and the Kodiak 450 when he owned that. Not that I'm seeing a trend. Also banned for six months for questioning Tenny and BANNED forever for aiming to many questions at him.