Quantcast

Ordered a new trailer

Well I finally decided on the trailer to fit my needs , i decided on the “ Yutrax “ trailer, watched a few good reveiws on it , reasonable price , I ordered it online through my local tractor supply.

Hauling brush, and general on the property use , its for offroad only ,looks like a great trailer for chores on property

• Like 2

Well picked up my new trailer tonight , tractor supply called me said its in , came in a box   It was about 150 pounds , big box , fit into the 4 runner like a glove lol , ill start assembling it over the next few nights , no rush , ive seen a few videos on assembly,its pretty straightforward, question i thought of was nobody used “ lock tight “ im kind of considering it ?  

What do you guys think ? 

9 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

Most of them trailers come with the lock washers and nuts which really hold up well. But honestly I like the idea. Heck you have to put it together anyway might as well add a few drops on the bolts along the way! And it’s not like you can’t get it off.

Great idea I think. 

When it’s together let see it ! 

I agree.  You might as well use lock tight since your the one assembling it.

Ugh.....well trailer update , finally layed all parts out , noticed somthing wasnt right , parts missing nd missing hardware  

started assembling and got to axle spindles , one fit, the other spindle was wrong , misssing multiple washers as well , i was pissed ,  was excited to put together and couldn’t finish, called the company this am , they were very.  Helpful , overnighting parts , ill hope i get the proper parts.   ....ill update soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frank Angerano said:

That sucks @Airborne. The one box that was missing sh** and you wind up getting it!!!  

Story of my life lol. Well at least the company was receptive and accommodating. 

my experience with bigger purchases at tsc has not been good....  when/if they get a return on say a log splitter, they have it fixed up as cheap as they can while cutting corners...  Have a friend that worked there for awhile on the returned products that had engines and he left because he couldnt stand cutting corners and then putting the item back up for sale as new when it had a cheap fix and would break (after the warranty of course..)  anyway, my grandfather bought a baja minibike from there and left it in the barn for about 4 years...  I ended up getting it and found that bad gas was left in the tank by tractor supply.  A carb latter, found that the 97cc engine smoked, sounded like a shotgun, and I had to push it with my feet to get it going (no power at all)  Ended up replacing the engine with a predator 212cc and sold it on CL.  Never get anything that has a motor form Tractor Supply!

I realize that your trailer doesnt have an engine of course, just throwing that info out there to warn people that if they get something with an engine from tsc, check it over like you would something off CL!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Well alittle update on my utility trailer ...i know i need to add some pics sorry ....anyway after two years of contant use , hauling everything , rocks, trees, tools, garbage cans lol you get it ......this is holding up very good , i dont “ overload it , i also grease the wheels and make sure everything is lubed ..simple maintaining goes long way .... i have added a sheet of plywood on the floor of trailer ,whjch is a must when hauling brush , slides out nice .... lol i did have a silly moment recently ...... i got a load of woodchips dropped onto our road, all nice and spread out, then one day im coming up the road and for some reason just started hauling as* to cool off lol , go around turn with empty trailer and i look to my side and damn thing is slidding next to me lol.....yes emlty trailers have a way of doing that lol .....

ill get some pics up ...be safe guys.   

• Like 1