Quantcast

Who owns a sport Quad?

My dad bought me a used '01 400EX, maybe 2 or 3 years ago. I've been riding ever since I was little and he just knew I always wanted to know what is like to ride/have a racing type. Ever since, I have rode the hell out of it and during the summer, I'd probably put 4 hours on it Monday-Friday. So, apparently, I like it.

Other than there only being one wheel on the front, what's the big difference?

Im still MAN enough to Ride one....AND,,,,I dont need that False sense of Security that that Fourth Wheel gives ya:laugh:

Oh, yeah the trike cameout around the same time, what's that new thing that came out back then...Oh yeah DIRT!:laugh:

Dont hate it cause its a Beautiful thing and Beautiful People ride them:wink::biggrin::huh:

Well some of us grew out of trikes once we got old enough to quit peddling our toys :laugh: Seriously though I would love to have a Tri-Z and have come across a few decent kept up ones that were reasonable for what they were wanting but its just hard to get parts for em around here anymore :mad:

Dont Pass them up.....The Z is Highly UNDER RATED!!!! You can still go down to your local Yamaha Shop and Buy parts over the counter,,,,Lots of Quad Parts, Dirt Bike Parts Work on them if you know what to look for(Just ask me when the time comes:wink:) Ive owned 250Rs when they were new (Yes,,,,Im a GEEZER!!) and I have owned the Z's (Several) I still have one left....I Could have a 250R if I want...But I would rather have the Z...Not too many people have one....Kinda a KEWL factor for me

GIT IT RAGGG!!!!

Raggg.jpg

349563C773A7Ffp643Dot3E2323A3D3B3A4.jpg

3489533B3C87Ffp3353Enu3D32393E3A3B3.jpg

3489533B3C87Ffp633Dot3E2323A3D3B-1.jpg

3489533B3C87Ffp643Dot3E2323A3D3B-2.jpg

3489533B3B3A7Ffp633Dot3E2323A3D3B3A.jpg

34843A93B93B7Ffp633Dot3E2323A3D3B3A.jpg

HPIM3322.jpg

Im still MAN enough to Ride one....AND,,,,I dont need that False sense of Security that that Fourth Wheel gives ya:laugh:

I always here you saying that, false sence security, I actually switched to quads to make my ride more technical. I've flipped and high sided my quad enough times to know because you have 4 wheels doesn't mean anything.

Dont hate it cause its a Beautiful thing and Beautiful People ride them:wink::biggrin::huh:

The both of you might be beautiful in the antique kind of way, but me and my quad got that modern day good looks going for us.

The both of you might be beautiful in the antique kind of way, but me and my quad got that modern day good looks going for us.
You forgot your better half to!:aargh:How the HELL can you forget about DrtGrlKristin????:confused::icon_bsc::dupec::soapbox::smackbum: That's just not right, she makes you shine!!

Dont Pass them up.....The Z is Highly UNDER RATED!!!! You can still go down to your local Yamaha Shop and Buy parts over the counter,,,,Lots of Quad Parts, Dirt Bike Parts Work on them if you know what to look for

I checked with my dealer about six months ago when I was thinking of getting the last one that I came across and he told me that he couldn't get Genuine Yamaha parts for em anymore so are we talking about aftermarket parts?

As far as me being Man enough to ride anything with less than four wheels.....I have two dirtbikes so does that count?

I checked with my dealer about six months ago when I was thinking of getting the last one that I came across and he told me that he couldn't get Genuine Yamaha parts for em anymore so are we talking about aftermarket parts?

As far as me being Man enough to ride anything with less than four wheels.....I have two dirtbikes so does that count?

Exactly what did he look up for you???? There is going to be parts that are not available, That is a given....But there are several parts that are still out there.....Some Banshee Or Blaster Parts interchange if you know what to look for.....Aftermarket is out there....OEM parts from Yamaha or Parts stores like Bikebandit or Partsphish are there......

No,,,,Two Wheels dont count.....Apples to Apples sort of thing....:laugh:

Exactly what did he look up for you???? There is going to be parts that are not available, That is a given....But there are several parts that are still out there.....Some Banshee Or Blaster Parts interchange if you know what to look for.....Aftermarket is out there....OEM parts from Yamaha or Parts stores like Bikebandit or Partsphish are there......

No,,,,Two Wheels dont count.....Apples to Apples sort of thing....:laugh:

He didn't look anything up.....just said that he could get some aftermarket parts and not any Genuiine Yamaha parts from Yamaha for the Tri-Z.....I will check out Bikebandit and Partsphish and then see if the Tri-Z that I was looking as is still available....thanks for the info.

The two bikes I have I bought for the kids to ride when we hit the trails....TTR and CRF230's.....not what I would really call a dirbike but decent trail bikes but you do have to remember to put your feet down when you stop :laugh:

racing and riding is suchhh a great activity for families. it definitely has brought me and my honey closer...you really see people at their best and worst....

like that one time i tried my first hillclimb ever...yeah. not good. i hit a tree stump and flew off the side of the 400ex....

butttt at the last race their was a narly uphill climb and my honey stood there watching me (he'd already finished.) and i was scared to death as i watched four guys ahead of me get stuff and run off the track....but NOT ME...I POWERED THROUGHHHHHH:biggrin:I MADE IT:cheers2c::hurrayc:

SO. in a nut shell, again, that's why I own a sport quad. :wink:

let's see...I've cleaned two houses today, made breakfast and dinner for me and my husby, packed a bunch of boxes and............

with this post. we will be tied for the month. BOOOYAH. what'd you do today? sit around in your lazyboy, drink beer and watch nascar or the ncaa games??

and sorry to my fellow posters besides MWKE, none of that really goes w/sport quads....except for the boxes of extra parts and riding gear I packed today:aargh::wink: