Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

Who owns a sport Quad?

I own a 2007 TRX450ER, I chose a sport quad because I have grown up racing on 2 wheels. I like to go fast. The 4x4 quads didn't really meet what I wanted in a quad. They have some that are plenty fast, but I like to ride dunes and tight fast trails. Every now and again I like to hit the big jumps.

I chose the TRX because I stand at 6'2". All the other quads that I sat on felt to small. The TRX feels like it was made for me.

I own a 04 YFZ450 and its the first quad that I had ever been on.....had never even sat on a trike before I got this quad. I had owned several street bikes in my earlier years and finally decided that I wanted a quad and when this was coming out all I read about was how bad it was going to be. I have gotten other quads since this one but this is still my favorite to ride on :biggrin:

I own an 87 Suzuki LT250R and I bought it because I wanted to go fast and jump more. I had a 96 Kawasaki Lakota 300 that my wife now rides. I plan on getting another utility quad sometime but I just like the smaller lighter quads for the type of riding we do.

I ride a 2006 700r...I chose it because i wanted something that could haul... like stoopidbot said...i like to go fast too...although the type of terrain around here would be better suited with a utility I still love my raptor and i dont think i would trade it for anything..it has all the power and torque of the 450's plus it has reverse and reliability...(not saying the 450's dont) but my raptor has about at least 175 hours on it and its still running as good as new... I think that the real reasons of choosing a sport quad are because there so fun to throw around ,you can go up pretty much any sand hill around and mostly they haul....:)

I have a 2002 polaris Scrambler 4x4 400 i got cheap being someone owed me some money i also just picked up a 2003 polaris scrambler 4x4 500 at a good price.. I wanted to see how much of a difference there is in the power which is a pretty good difference between the two. Both machines are great rides though:yes:.. Maybe in the fall will get a Sportsman 800 EFI

QUads22.jpg

QUads21.jpg

QUads23-1.jpg

QUads18.jpg

Ooops!!! I was gonna Post in here but realized it was just for Sport Quads....Not Quad Spanking Trikes:laugh:

haha....always promoting those death trikes lol to each their own...i ilike trikes there awesome but thats old technology....show me a 4 stroke fuel injected trike and im game ...:rolleyes:

i found a guy that fabricated a crf450r motor in one.

thats ALMOST teh same.

pics

attachment.php?attachmentid=40822&d=1171064997

attachment.php?attachmentid=40825&d=1171065206

looks niiiiccceeee

That was one of the ones I was talkin about....I think that is Speedbumps over on WORLD...

I know of another guy though....He took a Brand new 07 TRX450.....Cut the Front right off of that thing and is in the Process of a Trike conversion.....:RANDY::partyc:

TrailBlazer......Looks like your Checkin out the Trike Community:wink:

You'll Be converted soon:laugh:

I have 2 sport quads;I'm another go fast type.Maybe the next machine I buy will be a ute;I really like my buddy's 650 Prairie.I got the older one first;just to see if I was gonna like riding('91 Honda 250X).I thought I was getting a good deal on the purchase because the seller claimed it had lots of new parts.I later found I paid more than it was worth =( After I started doing some maintenance I found more wrong with it and also found there wasn't any good Honda dealers within 30-40 miles.I started getting parts from a local AC dealer.I got tired of working on it more than riding it and started having problems getting parts.I kept eyeing the '07 Artic Cat DVX400 when I was getting parts.I liked that it had reverse;since I do alot of trail/woods riding.I finally bought it and am mostly happy with it so far.I kept the old Honda and am using it for a spare/family quad.I think I might try for some amateur(sp?)GNCC stuff if and when I get back on day shift or another job.After I get both put back together from recent mods I'll try to get some pics up.