Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Wolds Alpacas

Kawasaki KLF185 Bayou No Spark

I have a Kawasak i KLF185 Bayou which is in bits - bought as such and never managed to get going.  I have not had a spark and tried two OEM CDI's on it.  I have replaced the coil and plug and checked the wiring to CDI.  I have also tried to use other CDI's (DC ones) run from the battery.  Nothing, still no spark, so I have managed to find a new pickup coil and hope that resolves things - any input on this would be appreciated.

Yes, that was OK - plus, trying a DC CDI I had hoped would have ruled out any other problems in that area.  Thanks for your reply.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Squirrel
      Several months ago, I finally got around to fixing the bayou. Rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel selector switch, hoses and fuel filter, and she ran great. Only had 2 minor issues since then where, at higher speeds, it acted like it was choking out when I let off the throttle.
      Lately I've noticed if I let it go for more than a week, it almost drains the battery dead trying to start. I initially thought battery, but after inspecting I found very little if not any fuel flow through the line until it starts and runs.
      I'm a little baffled and don't have much time to mess with it as most my free time right now is spent on getting my rv up and ready for hunting season in the next 3 weeks. So any help on quick diagnosis checks would be helpful. Otherwise I'll just keep starting it every 3-4 days to keep things primed until I'm done hunting.

Oh, and another question on a different topic. Does anybody know what the mounting brackets on the front rack are for? I'm referring to the 2 angled metal tabs with threaded holes that are located on the left, near your knee when sitting on the quad?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• By Colby Calk
      I recently got a 98 warrior 350 that 'needed the carb adjusted' but the reality is it has no spark. I have a new spark plug, plug wire, ignition coil, battery, and cdi box. I checked continuity and took apart and inspected the starter/kill/light switch on the handle bar, and it all looks brand new and checked out. The key switch seems to be working properly, as when off, nothing works, but when switched on, lights and electric starter button work. It turns over fine, and as I just stated, all the lights work. I took all the plastics off and traced all the wires, and only one had a small cut in it, but it was only through the rubber sheathing, not the wire itself (the blue one coming from the stator). I cleaned some grounds, made sure both relays work, and still nothing. I pulled the stator cover and looked at the stator itself, and it looks great. No broken wires or connectors or anything. Still, no spark. I'm at a loss. Where do I go next? Any help is appreciated.
    • By Ben Lennon
      Hi guys new to this forum and thought I’d jump on as I’ve just bought my first quad a Kawasaki bayou klf300c 89 model. It had starting issues when I bought it so I’ve gone thru and replaced the cdi, voltage regulator and starter solenoid aswell as rebuilt the starter motor after all this it was still free spinning on electric start so I pulled the stator cover off to find the fly wheel wasn’t spinning so replaced the one way clutch bearing put it all back together and still not engaging at all. I’m at a loss and looking for some ideas on we’re to look next to solve the problem
      cheers Ben 👍
    • By JCH
      Hi there
      I am in need of a manual for my KLF 300 Bayou 4x2 . I've found others on here for the 4x4 model, but was wondering if I need a separate 4x2 manual. Does anyone know?
    • By Monika Novakov
      1988 Kawasaki 220 Bayou trying to remove generator/ starter 1way clutch cover to be able to replace 1way clutch. All bolts are removed case cover is dripping what oil that remains...but I can't get the cover to come off..what am I missing? Thx in advance.
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By Ben Lennon
      Hi guys new to this forum and thought I’d jump on as I’ve just bought my first quad a Kawasaki bayou klf300c 89 model. It had starting issues when I bought it so I’ve gone thru and replaced the cdi, voltage regulator and starter solenoid aswell as rebuilt the starter motor after all this it was still free spinning on electric start so I pulled the stator cover off to find the fly wheel wasn’t spinning so replaced the one way clutch bearing put it all back together and still not engaging at all. I’m at a loss and looking for some ideas on we’re to look next to solve the problem
      cheers Ben 👍
    • By Jeff Comstock
      Help a brother four legger out
       Bayou300 acts like it's flooding if it's it's in the Alabama sun all day but, I've cleaned the carb. Sometimes it'll backfire even though the timing and valve lash are in spec. Thought it was sticking float but after 2 times cleaning the carb I'm lost. So
    • By Hayden Pahnke
      Bought brand new petcock and carbetator, turned air fuel needle out 2 turns and machine still acts like its starving 4 fuel on top end. Any ideas?
    • By mike costa
      Motor starts right up, but when I open it up past quarter throttle it bogs way down while ridding, the longer it runs the worse it gets. If I just leave it in neutral and  give it full throttle it revs up and down. 
      Back history:
      Bike sat for 3 years,
      Installed new plug, cleaned the fuel tank, took it to a shop and had the carburetor gone though.
      Picked up from shop, motor bogged down first day and barely got me back to the truck an 1 mph.
      Took back to shop after a month I was told it had a bad plug, I told him I just replaced it.
      Got quad home and it is doing the same thing!!!!!!!!! 

Thanks in advance for your support!

The carburetor has recently been gone through by a shop
    • By lizalee
      i bought a kwasaki bayou 220 and the person i got it from lost the key so they wired it to bypass the key start to use the pull rope but the wires got unhooked some how now i dont have a clue how to wire it back up to pull rope start. does any1 have a pic of the wires or help me im a newby