Quantcast

Now my man got a quad.....

well now that i got my warrior, my man had to get an offroad toy, so he traded his drz for a 2007 raptor 700. This thing is crazy ...... but luckily while mine is still in a gagillion pieces since it has become a project quad, this thing will help tie me over ......

before and after pics of my warrior project will be put up later on :yes:

misc_042_Medium_.jpg

misc_041_Medium_.jpg

Hey guys, that's my new toy right there :)

I had an 04 Raptor 660 which I got at the end of 03. The 700 is such a nicer, more refined feeling machine, it's suprising! I can't wait to get some new bars and tires on it. That's the only thing it needs. I don't find myself drooling over a wider axle and motor power adders with the 700 like I did with the 660.

So there is a big difference between the 660 and 700? I was hoping sometime to find a 660 kinda cheap but if the 700 is a lot better. I may just hold on to my pennies. :coolgleamAc:

Hold on to all of your pennies and get the 700 if you can.....the 660 is a nice quad but the 700 is worth the extra money if you are going to get a Raptor.

isn't it great :) i really kinda miss that feeling sometimes. you have to trust them and their skills soooo much. when i first started learning how to ride and about quads, nick would do wheelies with me on the back and i'd be scared out of my mind....but now looking back, its the crazy stuff like that we did together that made me love him :)

wow, how sappy was that:Angel_animc::bouncing_smiles:

isn't it great :) i really kinda miss that feeling sometimes. you have to trust them and their skills soooo much. when i first started learning how to ride and about quads, nick would do wheelies with me on the back and i'd be scared out of my mind....but now looking back, its the crazy stuff like that we did together that made me love him :)

wow, how sappy was that:Angel_animc::bouncing_smiles:

Awww haha yeah zac does wheelies with me on the back , I love it but its scary too, haha..

So Lildaisygrl18....how do you like riding on a true sports quad? Just wondering if you are already thinking about trading in the warrior when yall get it back together.....not knocking the warrior but I am more parcial to my sport quads over my Grizzly.

You do realize the Warrior is a RWD, manual clutch, 6-speed, a-armed, straight axle, four wheeler right? It's not a race quad (and neither is a raptor), but it is a sport quad by all definitions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By hardcastle
      My friends KQ 300 starts fine and runs, as soon as you put it in gear and try to accelerate its bucks and farts like crazy, not moving... I cleaned carb and it worked good for 1 day... now back to same problem.... could it be such as a bent valve????
    • By ResQ91
      Hi Guys!

New member and could really use your advice. I would have to believe this has been an issue for others but a search here came up with nothing......? (Probably me not doing search correctly)

I have an 87 Big Bear 350 YFM350FWT
      The OEM Mikuni BTM carb is shot and would rather replace than rebuild.
      It is no longer made and I have had good luck with NICHE carbs so I ordered a #K-CRB-0006 This was what they said was replacement when ordered. This Carb only uses 1 Throttle cable. The Slide is linked so it uses one. (OEM had 2nd cable coming through top to move slide)

Problem is when I ordered a replacement Cable from NICHE (#C-CBL-0061) the Cable wire is a little short, not allowing Throttle to return all the way down to Idle position. I called NICHE and they are at a loss. Haven't gotten back to me after 2+ weeks.

What would you recommend other than a carb rebuild?
      Can I just use 1 of the OEM cables (It is the right length) and snip/disconnect the other that went to top of Carb for Slide?
      Or ??

Thanks in advance for any advice you have!!

Dave
    • By Tuzz
      Bucking started about a month ago and works ok after 1/2 hour warmup.  Today while working on it i discovered that if i put the ignition switch in LIGHT position it runs fine right from the start.
      I'm stumped!  Any idea why this could be?  

• By DarkRider
      This is something I'm extremely curious about. Has anyone ever attempted to buy a quad (or any other vehicle) from an impound lot? I've always wondered if this could be a bargain, or a waste of time. Google searches do turn up some helpful results. Looks like the state of NJ holds auctions online which I'd be a bit hesitant about.

My online searches haven't really turned up any results of anyone buying an ATV this way. I'd be really curious if anyone tried this, or knows someone who has. I've actually found a couple pages with online auctions for my state, but none had ATVs.
    • By Suzukiquad
      Hi, I have been around everything with a motor since I was little, and finally purchased more to get my husband, and kids involved. I have 4 quads I will be searching around for information on. I have two 2002 Suzuki LT80K quads, a 1997 Yamaha Timberwolf 250, and a 1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220. I have had different ones throughout the years, and plan on buying another Yamaha Banshee. I plan on trying to learn more about all of them, so I can customize some of them. I know nothing about them besides how to race them, my dad always took care of the rest, but figured it was time for me to learn.