Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

2006 Arctic Cat 700 EFI motor rebuild advise

I purchased a quad with engine problems. The previous owner had pulled the motor and pulled the valve cover but decided to stop. I have done Arctic Cat top ends before but have never worked on the bottom end so any advise would be appreciated. What I have found so far is the connecting rod bearing is completely gone and some scoring on the jug walls. What i'm wondering is if anybody here has worked on these and if so did you replace all the bearings or just the ones that were for sure bad? Also is the 2006 Suzuki King Quad 700 motor exactly the same? It seems Suzuki parts are a lot cheaper to buy.

So you bought it with the motor out and apart? Where are you now with it, is the motor on a bench? Sounds like some cylinder honing and oversized piston rings. 

At that point, I would take it to a machine shop for small engines and have them check it out.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• [[Template core/front/widgets/relatedContent is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]