Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

verve

What ATV should I get?

my buddy had a raptor 700 that he raced harescrambles with....he raced it about 5 times before trading it in on a yfz 450 because the raptor was wayyyy to heavy and hard to lug around.

those problems were from the early models.

and i agree on the 800 renegade is awesome...but this guy wants something built for jumping a little too.

800 Renegade can jump. You really should ride one. Had my friends about 12ft in the air with no worries.

Who let the feller in who likes to bash Polaris. I like Honda to, but I can bash the crap out of Honda if you like.:biggrin:

hey no honda bashing or this little lady will have to beat you up:biggrin::laugh:

:boxing_smileyc::lsfight::nono::flamesmiley::slap:

No offence intended BillyBuck. Just repeating what I heard from other owners. I've owned four Honda ATV's over the past several years, beat the heck out of them and never had any problems. I can't say the same about any other manufacturer....

my buddy had a raptor 700 that he raced harescrambles with....he raced it about 5 times before trading it in on a yfz 450 because the raptor was wayyyy to heavy and hard to lug around.

it has about 47 pounds on the yfz.. if you can't throw it around you shouldn't be racing....

800 Renegade can jump. You really should ride one. Had my friends about 12ft in the air with no worries.

Who let the feller in who likes to bash Polaris. I like Honda to, but I can bash the crap out of Honda if you like.:biggrin:

ahhh o wasnt aware of that.

thats cool.

makes me like them even more.

but come on people.

only the people who own raptors are saying they are the best trail quads.

ill be honest, i like yamaha and in no way im i being biased but the Polaris has so much more on it.

lighter,more power,IRS, ground clearance

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

to teh guy buying,

you wont be disappointed with a raptor, but you could have it a little better with the Outlaw.

LOLOLOLOLOL

IRS makes it have LESS of a chance of flipping.

WOW.

lol

ok ok my fault then i missunderstood wat i was told about irs:no:. get one thing wrong and i get houmded for it.:realmad: wat ever doesnt matter but still i think u should go witha raptor 700 or a outlaw

ahhh o wasnt aware of that.

thats cool.

makes me like them even more.

but come on people.

only the people who own raptors are saying they are the best trail quads.

ill be honest, i like yamaha and in no way im i being biased but the Polaris has so much more on it.

lighter,more power,IRS, ground clearance

WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

to teh guy buying,

you wont be disappointed with a raptor, but you could have it a little better with the Outlaw.

untill you have to take it back to the shop every other week.. and you figure out its slow...

im getting just about annoyed.

polaris's are just as reliable as anything else. excet honda, but thats not the point. only the EARLY model Polaris's had trouble with their belts and such.

the newer model outlaw 525's [by reviews everywhere] have not had any problems.

and NEWS FLASH the raptor is heavier. not by much but thats not the point..

raptor has pointless weight.

and your looking at 4.4 inches of ground clearance from the raptor vs. 11 INCHES from the outlaw.

its just all around better.

ill say it again. dont get me wrong. raptors are cool. but they arent all they are cracked up to be. they are overrated.

ok ok my fault then i missunderstood wat i was told about irs:no:. get one thing wrong and i get houmded for it.:realmad: wat ever doesnt matter but still i think u should go witha raptor 700 or a outlaw

Were just giving you a hard time. On a straight axle quad when you take a tight turn your inside rear wheel generally comes off the ground. Or you powerslide through it. On a quad with IRS, both rear wheels have a shock and can move independently. When you travel through a tight turn both wheels keep equal friction on the ground.

No offence intended BillyBuck. Just repeating what I heard from other owners. I've owned four Honda ATV's over the past several years, beat the heck out of them and never had any problems. I can't say the same about any other manufacturer....
No offence taken. Just stating my opinion. This fella who started this post is looking for options. What I mean is what works for you or I , my not work for somebody else. That is why they have more than one atv manufactor.

Also the Rincon is a blast to ride to.

I've had 6 different quads over the last five years and each has it's own personality. Guess it just depends on what type of riding you do.... The Outlaw is very innovative, but I'm still leaning towards the new Honda TRX 700. Anybody out there have one? Looks like Honda's answer to the Outlaw.

im getting just about annoyed.

polaris's are just as reliable as anything else. excet honda, but thats not the point. only the EARLY model Polaris's had trouble with their belts and such.

the newer model outlaw 525's [by reviews everywhere] have not had any problems.

and NEWS FLASH the raptor is heavier. not by much but thats not the point..

raptor has pointless weight.

and your looking at 4.4 inches of ground clearance from the raptor vs. 11 INCHES from the outlaw.

its just all around better.

ill say it again. dont get me wrong. raptors are cool. but they arent all they are cracked up to be. they are overrated.

so why did they have so many recalls.. one of them was because it would start on fire..

he is one of the recalls

Polaris : Vehicles : InTheNews : Polaris Industries Inc. Recalls ATVs Due to Risk of Injury to Riders

Outlaw 525

WHAT COMPANY DOESNT HAVE RECALLS?

yamaha just had one on rhinos.

the point remains.

outlaw. is. a. better. trail. machine.

and unless you have something better than a recall to tell me about. dont bother posting.

rappy has nothing on outlaw.

face it.

and?

i said it was lighter.

diddnt say by much.

o yeah and ever heard of the term.

no replacement for displacement?

guess the 525 puts that to rest huh?!

:laugh:

I"VE GOT IT: you can either buy a HONDA, or an Outlaw 525. However, if you buy the Outlaw, be sure to bring a fire extinguisher, tool kit and plenty of spare parts. I've owned a 2004 Honda 250, 2004 Rincon 600, and recently a 2006 Rincon 680. NEVER a breakdown, fire, spun bearing or any other problem. I don't care if it's a lawn mower, generator, car, motorcycle or ATV, HONDA ROCKS!

and?

i said it was lighter.

diddnt say by much.

o yeah and ever heard of the term.

no replacement for displacement?

guess the 525 puts that to rest huh?!

:laugh:

yeah with a whopping 510cc... or you can have 686 with a pound more

thats only if you want the extra..oh i dunno..70 or 80 lbs?

and be slower of course.

and my popo has been reliable and i put it through hell so bite me.

and be slower!

its like magic right!

ok.. line them up stock for stock and the 700 will blow the fenders off it.. its been done... then after you run it you can take it back to the shop and fix it...