Quantcast

What ATV should I get?

I currently have a 03' Kawasaki Lakota Sport that I love, but it just isn't fast enough. I am looking to buy a new ATV and am trying to find the one that is going to best fit my riding style.

My riding style - I love to ride trails and I tend to ride them as fast as I can go. I love to jump when there is a good spot. I love a good hill climb. I have taken my 2 wheel drive lakota on four wheel drive trails. I like to ride the toughest trails, but love to open it up and go as fast as I can on a flat road. I am tough on the bike riding as hard as I can. Some of the places I ride have a lot of big rocks, so I need something that is going to take bouncing of rocks.

Any suggestions on the best bike for me?

some of my thoughts on what you should get.

1st Choice: Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS: it is one of the fastest on the market today, IRS makes it totally TRAIL READY. it is a very quick atv. light so you can jump also. one of the most versitile atvs ever.

2nd Choice: Raptor 700r: Quick, powerful, lots of midrange power. great for trails but no IRS, its very versitile but nnot as much so as the outlaw. ground clearance is good, a bit heavy for no particular reason.

3rd Choice: KFX 700 V-Force: Powerful is the main point in theis beast. it is quick, powerful and ready to hit the trails, its AUTO so its easier on the trails if your not that experienced at a clutch. heavy though, not that much for jumping.

Honarable Mention: KTM 525XC: like the outlaw, except minor tweaks, slightly better than outlaw but less top end. the reason its an honarable mention is becuase its a VERY heafty price tag.

some of my thoughts on what you should get.

1st Choice: Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS: it is one of the fastest on the market today, IRS makes it totally TRAIL READY. it is a very quick atv. light so you can jump also. one of the most versitile atvs ever.

2nd Choice: Raptor 700r: Quick, powerful, lots of midrange power. great for trails but no IRS, its very versitile but nnot as much so as the outlaw. ground clearance is good, a bit heavy for no particular reason.

3rd Choice: KFX 700 V-Force: Powerful is the main point in theis beast. it is quick, powerful and ready to hit the trails, its AUTO so its easier on the trails if your not that experienced at a clutch. heavy though, not that much for jumping.

Honarable Mention: KTM 525XC: like the outlaw, except minor tweaks, slightly better than outlaw but less top end. the reason its an honarable mention is becuase its a VERY heafty price tag.

The KFX is to big it will crush you especially if you are as slim as the pics I have seen of you from your previous albums and Myspace. The Raptor is heavy too.

If you get the Outlaw 525 IRS or S I hope you are one hell of a good rider cus if your brag on that Quad like I have seen you do in the past, you better be a better rider than the Guy/Girl you are racing.:laugh::laugh:

The KFX is to big it will crush you especially if you are as slim as the pics I have seen of you from your previous albums and Myspace. The Raptor is heavy too.

If you get the Outlaw 525 IRS or S I hope you are one hell of a good rider cus if your brag on that Quad like I have seen you do in the past, you better be a better rider than the Guy/Girl you are racing.:laugh::laugh:

if im 15 and can handle a KFX it is not too big.

OH, LET ME GUESS

are you going to suggest him a can-am?

to the guy buying a quad,

trust me the Outlaw is the way to go. and im not being baised, its just the top of the line trail quad.

my husband and I both have honda's...I have the 400ex, he has the 450r...I noticed the difference in power in between the two right off the bat, other than that, I think they're pretty similar when riding...I'm not too familiar with a lot of other brands, only what I read about them...but, I recommend the Honda 450r if you're lookin for good power at a decent price...

and you can do a whole bunch of mods to it to make it just the way you like it!!!! And, if you wait until July/August, you can get an '09 for sure...my husband bought his '08 last July before our wedding. I didn't know they came out that early!

if im 15 and can handle a KFX it is not too big.

OH, LET ME GUESS

are you going to suggest him a can-am?

to the guy buying a quad,

trust me the Outlaw is the way to go. and im not being baised, its just the top of the line trail quad.

:rolleyes:No I just think the` 450 class would be more`suited for your size . you are about 120 to 145 lbs right. I would want to weigh at least 155 and up to ride a Outlaw 525 cause the Quad is real fast. If you went 450 maybe you could hadle a DS or a mx but I doubt it :laugh: Trailblazer you'd be better off with a 450r or a Suzuki. :wink:

:rolleyes:No I just think the` 450 class would be more`suited for your size . you are about 120 to 145 lbs right. I would want to weigh at least 155 and up to ride a Outlaw 525 cause the Quad is real fast. If you went 450 maybe you could hadle a DS or a mx but I doubt it :laugh: Trailblazer you'd be better off with a 450r or a Suzuki. :wink:

i dont care what anyone said i oculd handle if i was buying a new quad, for the type of riding i do it will be an outlaw 525. size/weight doesnt matter. im 155 btw. if he knows how to ride it wont matter.

but its up to him.

i whavent been small since 06

back then i was like 5'2 100 lbs.

now im about 5'9-10 155.

Hmm 100 to 155 you must still like to argue alot, so lets see I think in 07 an 08 the weight had to happen gradually . NOT 55 lbs at once.Geese thats over a 30 percent increase.:confused::rolleyes::no:I do not think that could happen ,DO YOU!:laugh:

I know the Outlaw is fast, but Polaris is not exactly known for building a reliable machine like Honda is. If you are going to buy one, be sure to bring some extra parts when you ride, and let somebody know where you are riding just in case you get STRANDED! I've heard more than one rider complain about difficulty shifting the Outlaw, and that the front wheel bearings are crap. The seats even come "wired on" from the factory since Polaris can't figure out how to attach them to the frame properly. I'm selling my 2006 Honda Rincon 680 in favor of a new Honda TRX 700. If you want to buy a killer utility quad, let me know.... HONDA ROCKS

those problems were from the early models.

and i agree on the 800 renegade is awesome...but this guy wants something built for jumping a little too.

800 Renegade can jump. You really should ride one. Had my friends about 12ft in the air with no worries.

Who let the feller in who likes to bash Polaris. I like Honda to, but I can bash the crap out of Honda if you like.:biggrin:

No offence intended BillyBuck. Just repeating what I heard from other owners. I've owned four Honda ATV's over the past several years, beat the heck out of them and never had any problems. I can't say the same about any other manufacturer....