• Can-Am/Bombardier DS650
    • Can-Am DS450
    • Polaris Outlaw
    • Honda 700XX
    • Yamaha Banshee
    • Honda 300EX
    • Kawisaki 450
    • Other [Please state in a post]

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

if you count used, my atc90 may take the prize! will have pictures on tomorrow...been in a barn for ?? years [it was born in 1969] painted lite blue, including the seat! By the texture I would say they used a BROOM hehe. parts missing, etc, it's a real gem right now.

For new only I'd agree with the 700xx.

•  Like what you are reading? Please help us by sharing this content.

You screwed me all up by putting 2 Can ams. They are great machines but they are UGLY.

First of all, I gotta say I like how the Banshee is in both best looking and worst looking polls! Funny!

I think the worst looking quad is the new King Quad 400. Butt ugly. Looks like they designed it in 30 seconds. The 700XX and DS650 are pretty ugly, but the KQ400 takes the prize in my books.

i put the 300ex. the old style. they are FUGLY!!!!

2nd worst the ds 650.

i knew i wasnt the only one that thought that!!

fan.

their just ugly as sin.

:laugh:

Well, I guess you might have a point. I see you own a Polaris... so I need to look at the DS from your point of view:

LG7O0734.jpg

I see what you mean. It's not all that attractive from the back. You should see the front of it some time. You might have better luck if you sneak up on it while it's parked.

:biggrin:

ha. your funny.

better check who has the fastest stock quad on the market.

I have to at least try and defend my toy's honor! If I remember correctly, the Zilla was/is the fastest stock atv ever produced. I haven't seen any scientific or reliable speed tests to know what quads tops the charts these days. I'd like to see some if you know of any. My rough speed test on the stock DS650X was 79 mph on level pavement with little to no wind and a 230 pound 6'8" rider according to GPS.

I have to at least try and defend my toy's honor! If I remember correctly, the Zilla was/is the fastest stock atv ever produced. I haven't seen any scientific or reliable speed tests to know what quads tops the charts these days. I'd like to see some if you know of any. My rough speed test on the stock DS650X was 79 mph on level pavement with little to no wind and a 230 pound 6'8" rider according to GPS.

lol like to see you quote that speed to other people on here.

and um. the zilla did 79.

so there is no way you get 79.

Well, I guess you might have a point. I see you own a Polaris... so I need to look at the DS from your point of view:

LG7O0734.jpg

I see what you mean. It's not all that attractive from the back. You should see the front of it some time. You might have better luck if you sneak up on it while it's parked.

:biggrin:

HAHAHAHA!!

ouch that burns :laugh:

classic :wink:

HAHAHAHA!!

ouch that burns :laugh:

classic :wink:

yeah impressive, you can beat a 250 with a 650.

you must be proud :rolleyes:

lol like to see you quote that speed to other people on here.

and um. the zilla did 79.

so there is no way you get 79.

I don't have the gps logs to prove it but that's the number it ran according to a Garmin. That's not a perfect speed measure but I didn't bring the clock with me that day :mad: Anyone can talk about what is fast and who had what friend do what test on what day with a given situation... but the only reliable tests are those that are perfectly controlled or calculated.

I'm over the virtual fist fight on forums... I've posted enough and read enough to know where these go, so you're the boss. 79 on a ds... no way! What was I thinking. I probably meant 59.

Anyway, I would like to see what the newer quads do from the factory.

I don't have the gps logs to prove it but that's the number it ran according to a Garmin. That's not a perfect speed measure but I didn't bring the clock with me that day :mad: Anyone can talk about what is fast and who had what friend do what test on what day with a given situation... but the only reliable tests are those that are perfectly controlled or calculated.

I'm over the virtual fist fight on forums... I've posted enough and read enough to know where these go, so you're the boss. 79 on a ds... no way! What was I thinking. I probably meant 59.

Anyway, I would like to see what the newer quads do from the factory.

hahaa your like most can-am owners.

cocky, never listen to reason, and think their quad is gods gift to man.

lol:laugh:

yeah impressive, you can beat a 250 with a 650.

you must be proud :rolleyes:

I am actually. Thank you. Do I get a trophy... or a cookie? Or a cookie trophy?

Trophy%20Cookies%20Large%20Web%20view.jpg

whatever floats your boat buddy.

btw how is throwing around all that weight?

I looked at all of the sport quads when I was shopping around. Everything felt like a toy to me. The image of a gorilla on a tricycle comes to mind. The DS650 was the only machine beefy enough to make me feel at home. Yes, it is heavier and wider than most quads, but I'm taller and heavier than most guys. It's a good fit. I've never had a problem running through trails or the track with guys (or gals) on smaller machines. I like to think it has to do with the skill in the helmet, not the frame... but that would just be a "cocky can-am owner" speaking... so I would never say such things. :rolleyes:

The DS was unfortunately not a hit with the masses and can-am has gone a different route with new machines aimed at the core ATV market. It makes sense. The DS650 was aimed at a niche market that soon found itself saturated and 650's ended up sitting on show room floors. I even had a hard time finding my DS. I had to drive 4 hours to the nearest dealer only to find the DS in the show room with a dead battery since no one had given it any loven in a while. It was like finding a diamond laying on the ground while walking down the street... for 4 hours. I think there were angels singing when I sat on it for the first time. Hard to say... it was all a blur that involved me writing a check for a machine with a dead battery.

From Can-Am's point of view, it would have been stupid to leave the 650 on the market. It was better to stop production and leave the 650 resting securely in record books and the hearts and minds of the few, the proud, the ones able to call themselves... DS650 owners! :cute:

Let's simmer down a little bit there TB. Actually 79 on the"mighty" DS650 isn't that impressive.

I clocked my TRX450 by my garmin GPS at 79mph. I was on a flat dirt road that went right next to the freeway. Speed limit on I-70 is 75mph. I was passing traffic. Same thing with me, I never saved the GPS log but I do have it on video.

ATV Video: TRX450 - Category: ATV Riding » QUADCRAZY ATV Community

my quad tops out at right around 70, give or take a few.

but my friend with the z swears up and down that it will hit 75 :no: