Quantcast

2006 trx350te Honda rancher 350 es clutch plates

Ejwill

Increased resistance at the starter would not cause the voltage drop..  No need to pull the starter to test it .. Take a good battery and  use jumper cables to  connect to ground ad directly to the positive terminal on the starter to see if it spins up properly .  The battery reading dropping to  2 v.... is that the reading at the battery positive post? A  bad connection internally could cause the voltage to drop like that as soon  as the battery is put under load..  Double check all your connections are clean  and tight, and test once more ,  but my money is on either a shorted cell or an break internally  at the positive battery post  that causes it to  only have a minimal connection that will not pass a high current.  Either way , the battery would be toast.

Well, I guess I’ll be leaving, I got a good deal on a Honda foreman 500es 4x4 and bought it . This guy works on atv’s for a living and said when he gets through with some other projects he may want mine for parts or to fix. So I guess I’m finished with mine we’ve been working on. Just want to say a big BIG THANKYOU for all the help I feel like I’m loosing some friends. I’ll miss ‘seeing ‘ you on here. Have a good one and be safe. Thank you again. If something happens to this one, heaven forbid, I may be back for some help. Bye for now, Jeff.

I’ll do it, yeah I hope this one will last a long time or at least as long as I do. One question,  is a Honda rubicon a lot different than the 350 rancher mechanically. I didn’t know if some of the parts are interchangeable or not. I know it is a 250 and mine was a 350 my son has the rubicon. Said it wouldn’t crank, the grandsons said the battery was dead, I told them that’s a good reason it won’t crank. I’m going to charge it and see what happens. Don’t know how long the spark plug has been in it or how old the gas is. Figure if it won’t crank after charging it it has to be no spark or no fuel, to start with anyway. Thanks for all the help and sticking with me I’ve learned a lot and enjoyed the lessons and help. Might be working on my son’s quad next I hope with better results. Talk with y’all later, thanks again. Jeff

Thanks I’ll try to get it going I may keep trying to get the 350 going. When I first started working on it my youngest grandson said Grandaddy if you get it working will you let me have it. So it would be fun to get it running and give It to him, that would really make him happy, and me too. Thanks again for all your help. Let me ask you this, jumping straight to the starter, I ran jumper cables straight to the starter to see if it would spin, but not sure if I did it right. I ran the negative cable to the chassis for a ground and hit the starter lug with the positive cable. All it did was click, wasn’t sure if that’s how you do it since it seems to only have a positive lug on it. Thought it could be the starter as someone mentioned earlier. Since it won’t turn over now.

Thats great you are still going on the 350, i was hoping you would, if he has interest get him involved also, great memories of working with Grandpa on the honda. Things you think are meaningless at the time go with them the rest of their life. I know they did for me.

You hooked up the starter exactly right with the jumper , just make sure you are getting a solid ground. Make sure the engine is free and not locked, if thats good, and it still clicks you can tap on the starter lightly with a hammer sometimes it will go, just corrosion and brush dust gets in there. If still clicking you caan take it out and see if it spins on the table with the jumper. 

I’ll try to get him to help, it would make it seem more like it’s his. I’ll go ahead and remove it being as old as it is I’m sure it at least needs cleaning or maybe replacing the brushes. It would be nice to have the extra hands. He helped me replace an outlet and told everyone that he fixed it. Thanks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I took the starter off and apart it was in really bad shape. It had gouges in it, dirt and grime. The gouges were pretty deep so I ordered a new one along with a solenoid. When I would try to crank it, it would make a clicking noise behind the battery. So I thought I should replace the solenoid at the same time as the starter. Just haven’t had time to put them on. My grandson plays baseball on a travel team. They played down near Miami, in Orlando near Charlotte N.C. Then Myrtle Beach. I’ve been trying to wire a trailer and wait on him, but I’ve finished the trailer so I’m going to go ahead and put the starter and solenoid on. He plays football too and was out til 2:00am tracking someone’s deer they had shot. I just can’t wait on him forever. At least he is staying busy with sports, he could be doing a lot worse.

Haven’t got it done yet been working on a utility trailer getting the lights wired. My highlander I drive didn’t have a factory tow package so I had to install a special harness to wire it. Then I had no idea how to set up both lights for running lights. Both had brown wires so I tied the two together and luckily it worked. It hadn’t had a tag since 2017 so I had to pay some back taxes which wasn’t very much, so that wasn’t bad. Just glad I got through with it. I still have to weld safety chains on it. My welder is at my sons house he had it wired up out there, so I guess it’s his now. I’m going out to try putting the starter and solenoid on now hope it cranks after that got a new battery too. Will let you know what happens.

Well, got the solenoid and starter motor installed new battery that was fully charged. It was in neutral so I just had to turn the key on and press the start button. I did and nothing. I’m not going to keep putting money in this thing, just not worth it if it’s a good possibility it won’t run.  When back to hospital today and had injections under x-ray with contrast. Injections helped some for about one hour. Had to spend a couple of days in bed due to pain before injections. I hate to disappoint y’all but with cost and my health right now I’m going to have to hang it up for now. One question my son is talking about fixing his trx250 rubicon would any of the parts off my trx350te fit his,I thought if they would I’d give them to him and let him give it a try, I was really wondering about the carb, battery, possibly the switch. His won’t crank I’ll be there with him to try to give him a little bit of what I know which isn’t much. He has a Polaris side by side, but can get into tighter places with his small quad. Thanks for everything, sorry I can’t keep going I don’t like quoting anything but for now I’ll have to. I’ve learned a lot from y’all and will miss communicating with y’all, so , so long for now if things work out with my neck I my be able to come up with the money to start over. Thanks so much. Jeff

Sorry to hear about your health problems getting worse, i dont see how you have done as well as you have, but preserving health is more important than any old quad. I dont think the parts from your 350 will work perfectly with the 250, carb may make it run, but not perfectly. Your son may do better by continuing where you left off on the 350. I wish you well, hope that your treatments work. I have enjoyed working with you and wish you well. 

Sorry to hear about that Ej, the health issues that is. Take care, rest up for a while, perhaps you will feel like having another look at it if you feel better..

Perhaps the son can figure why the start isn't happening now, either for you or for himself.. If he's anything like my two he will be keen as for himself but a reluctant participant for "the old man".

Either way, I admire your determination doing all you have with chronic pain..  Hope to see you back feeling better one day.