Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

My Banshee Facelift (powdercoating, +2+1 a-arms, +4 axle, and paddles)

jigolbeep

I bought my banshee a little over a year ago and love it, but it just needed a facelift... so im adding some burgard +2+1 a-arms, a +4 axle, stainless brake lines, a new set of 21x12x8 8pdl hauler paddles, and some powder coating...

i just got my new +4 axle the other day and decided to put it in... I had my buddy josh powder coat my carrier as well as my brake and sprocket hubs before i put it all together... My a-arms should be here next week but ill have to wait till i get back from my trip to Little Sahara OK to put them on... This winter im tearing it all apart and having josh coat my frame, swing arm, and a bunch of other stuff to round out this project...

here are some pics of my axle installed and my new coating...

DSCN2575.jpg

DSCN2576.jpg

DSCN2581.jpg

DSCN2578.jpg

DSCN2580.jpg

DSCN2582.jpg

DSCN2583.jpg

• 4 months later...

Well i finally took some time off of working on my rock buggy and decided to work on my banshee... I stripped off the crappy looking factory coating off my +2+1 arms and my buddy josh coated the black...they turned out awesome... I ordered a reamer tool to ream my spindles... ill have it in a couple weeks so ill be posting some installed pics in a few weaks... here are a couple teasers...

the arms are Burgard Cycle 4130 chromoly +2+1 arms

1-5.jpg

3-1.jpg

nice quality tig welded

2-2.jpg

I love the powder coating. I working on getting my son's Blaster going. I am going to tear it down this weekend and see how much damage is done. There are deals out there. I wish I had a little more money right now to take advantage of some of them. I can't wait to see the finished product.

while im waiting on the tool to put my arms on i decided i needed some *BLING* haha :wink: I bought a duncan front bumper and an aluminum water pump cover... I also replaced my bent rear rotor that i bent on a tree root the last time i was at the dunes... I also got the paint stripper and polish out and did some polishing on my throttle cover... Before riding season i want to polish my whole throttle assembly and both front and rear master cylinders and just clean all my wiring and hoses up around the motor...

bumper.jpg

cover.jpg

brakes.jpg

cover2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Well im still waiting on burgard to send me my tool so i can install my arms but i decided to order some more parts...

One of my buddys has built a practice MX track and jumping with a +6 swinger isnt all that much fun... i got a stock swinger off ebay and i think im going to cut it down to a -1 or -1.5 to give better handling and jumping... i also ordered a set of kenda mx klaw's in 18 rears and 20 fronts... Ill use this set up most of the time but ill throw my +6 and paddles on when i hit the dunes... hopefully i should get everthing this week...

• 3 weeks later...

Well i finally got my reamer tool to ream my spindles so here is the current sataus of my bike...

im going to be going to the Little Sahara dunes for spring break so im going to leave my +6 swinger on until i get back... Ill have my +2 a-arms on by our dune trip...

DSCN2820.jpg

DSCN2819.jpg

and my new tires not yet mounted up and my new stock swinger ready to go to my buddy josh's for powder coat...

DSCN2818.jpg

Well i finally got my +2 arms and brake lines installed... i took it for a ride and even with stock shocks this thing handles awesome... I not going to get in a hurry about buying shocks now if i even get them... Getting tested spring break at the dunes...

DSCN2822.jpg

DSCN2821.jpg

New dual brake lines... I liked these better than the ones with the T in the middle...

DSCN2824.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Superk
      Purchased a Ranger 150 for the kid and searching info online came across this site. Looking to update the fleet next year with a Turbo SXS.
      This is an upgrade from the Polaris Outlaw 50.
    • By Fish0rDie
      Was told there was some good information on this forum, so I'm here engaging in some good ole conversation haha. Bought a buggy aka shitcart for 100 dollars. Thing was a woods toy for the past owner. Used and abused until she went boom and was left in a field to die. All things considered that may be an exageration, but the top end of the warrior 350 that was on board was absolutely mangled. Piston and head assembly were totaled. Have a new jug, piston, and head assembly, but struggling to get the crankcase back together without the transmission binding. Can share pics that are on my phone if anyone is interested in seeing this shitty story unfold.

• By Fish0rDie
      Anyone in TN still around?
    • By geezer99
      Well, I bought the Axis 500 sold at Lowes for $8999 a couple days ago.  This post will be about my impressions as I use, fix, and abuse the machine.  I will add to the post as I gain experience with it.
      Thanks to other posters on this site warning of new machines with loose hardware, one of my first actions was to crawl all over it checking fluids and connections.  Zirks were all freshly greased, fluids in engine, and gear boxes were up to level.  One of the little gas struts that help lift the bed to dump was dangling with only one end connected, and the other strut had not been fully tightened.
      Here are some things I don't like:
      The rear gearbox does not have a differential in it.  It is essentially a solid axle.  Tight turns on lawn will leave tracks, and turns are not as tight on pavement.  In my case this won't matter much, but if you plan to use it on a lawn, this will create tracks on turns.
      To check engine oil you need to remove both front seats and a plastic cover.  This according to the manual.  I'm pretty sure it can be checked with that stuff in place, either from under or above, but that remains to be seen.
      I am not used to a CVT transmission.  I am used to a clutch and multiple gears.  This one requires giving it plenty of gas out of the hole and then backing off to get it to shift up.  I'm sure I will get used to it, but I'd like to be able to take off quietly if I want to.
      The doors have bungie cords to act as springs to close them.  I removed the driver door so I would not need to fight the constant pressure to close.  Problem solved.  I will leave the passenger door as is.  Gotta keep the grandkids safe.
      The status display is hard to read if the sun is on it.

Here is some stuff I like: 
      I was concerned about there being enough torque to slowly climb a steep hill.  There is.  I will elaborate more on this when I've had it on my steeper trails.
      The display has dedicated lights to indicate status of gear position, low oil pressure, over temp, and a bunch of other stuff.  This helps a beginner with feedback that an action taken was successful.
      The sparsity of knobs on the tires dig in well on most surfaces.  I bet they wear out fast on pavement.
      The tilt bed has a tail gate that is easy to operate.  Much like early Japan pickups.
      Steering is responsive and little slack.  Remains to be seen how long to get loose since the u-joints are operating at quite sharp angles.
      Seats are pretty nice.  Will be interesting to see how long it will take me to poke a screw driver though them.
      Seat belts are included to hold grand kids in.  Won't go over 5 mph if both aren't buckled.  Yeah, it works to buckle them empty.  Doing this leaves the belt high on back, so you don't have to sit on it. 
      Hauling it home, my trailer wheel wells were too close together to clear the tires of the UTV.  This required driving it off center a bit, with one set of tires inside the wells and one side driving over the wheel well.  Creeping over the one well required climbing a 10 inch vertical well.  The ability to lock the front axle differential kept both front wheels pulling as I drove the one side up and over the wheel well.  The guys at Lowes were impressed.  They won't touch any but an unobstructed flat trailer loading.

As I gain more experience I will add to this topic,
      tom

• By Thegrizz
      So, I just bought this quad off a acquaintance of mine… anyways, it’s missing the airbox which I’m trying to purchase if I could only figure out the year and what model of lt230 it is due to having only 9 visible digits for a vin…guy said he had the title at one point and lost it when he moved houses after the flood of 08 in Iowa….I just desperately need to know what model this thing is so I can start getting to work on it….it does run after a good carb cleaning….I’m having trouble getting it to idle though due to essentially just having a rigged up air filter with no airbox on the bike…I’ve sanded down the plastics and it looks like the original color was orange and the seat I believe is either from a different Suzuki or it’s been painted gold and black? The plastic nose part is originally black…it has the lever for reverse by the sprocket it has a pull string to start and I think originally it has electric start as well….idk I’ve had to bypass and use a screwdriver on the starter Solenoid to get it to start …someone has definitely done some rigging with the wiring as well.but if anyone has any clue what I need to look for to identify the year and actual model so I can get the right stuff. I’d appreciate it.

• Similar Tagged Content

• Gallery Images