Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

Lindsey80

New in California

I live in Folsom, CA and I am hoping to find people to ride with. I have this awesome quad and no one to ride with anymore...

Hey Lindsey, welcome aboard. There are a few of us in Norcal on the board. What kind of awesome quad you got and what kind of riding do you like to do?

I have a 2008 Suzuki 400. I'm just a beginner, but LOVE it! I have been practicing out at Prairie City and last weekend I went to Mammoth Bar. I rode on the track, but I love to ride on the trails. What about you?

Trails mostly. How did you like mammoth bar? I just read on another board that that place wasn't to beginner friendly.

It was fun. The trail I went one wasn't bad, but I didn't go on very many others because I was with someone that rides a dirt bike, so we couldn't ride the same things. But it's so beautiful out there.

We've got a group going to Goldnote (Jackson/Pioneer area) the weekend after Thanksgiving. You're welcome to ride with us. We're still firming up the details but if you're interested, I'll keep you posted.

Cool, thanks. Yes please keep me posted. Is the riding hard there? I wouldn't want to slow anyone down. :) Are there any other girls going?

Cool, thanks. Yes please keep me posted. Is the riding hard there? I wouldn't want to slow anyone down. :) Are there any other girls going?

Welcome to the site, even if you are the slowest in the group or just a beginner, 100% of the riders I know will wait at any difficult spots to help you through or will wait at any spot that you might get heading the wrong way. If a rider doesn't do what they can to help out any beginner, not just a female, they are a chump in my book. I could care less if someone was riding 10mph with me, I will hang and give pointers along with confidence boosters. Keep on riding, speed comes with time. Be safe.

There is a nice mix of trails there. Plenty to ride for a beginner. There would be a group of 4 or more familes ranging in age from 6 to 46, and yes, some are girls.

I have a 2008 Suzuki 400. I'm just a beginner, but LOVE it! I have been practicing out at Prairie City and last weekend I went to Mammoth Bar. I rode on the track, but I love to ride on the trails. What about you?

Great choice on that Suzuki! Welcome to the community.

Ok,,,,,,So,,,,there is a Ride Close to me huh....And no one invited the Triker???? WTF!!!

I feel sooooo Left out.....:frown:

Welcome Lindsey!!!!

If I recall correctly, the last time I invited you on a ride the response I got was "I don't ride dirt, for I am the SAND WIZARD!" :confused:

Of course you're invited. If you think you can handle ya know dirt and rocks and trees and stuff.

Edited by mellowyellow
What does one have to do to becoma a "Super Mod"?

If I recall correctly, the last time I invited you on a ride the response I got was "I don't ride dirt, for I am the SAND WIZARD!" :confused:

Of course you're invited. If you think you can handle ya know dirt and rocks and trees and stuff.

You gotta be a super guy!:laugh:I think he is claustrophobic, he can't be on tight trails!

Lindsey welcome to Quad Crazy!!! Glad you found us.

LMAO!!!!! Ive been known to ride the dirt.....Its just been 5 or 6 yrs......Would I need to take my paddles off and change out my Mowhawk???? :laugh:

I saw a bike with paddles on it out at jawbone....course the guy had a 1500 Hyabusa and is the current Senior Hillclimbing Champion at 70.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Wes Camp
      So I bought an 88 qaudracer real nice bike fired up 2-3 kick everytime. When I bought it the brake calipers were not on the bike the guy gave them to me In a box with parts to rebuild. So I HAVnt ever really rode the bike except a quick run testing gears when I bought and I started it and drove in yard not getting out of 3rd due to no brakes. I put it in garage turned it off. The following weekend I put brakes on and go to kick it and it’s seized. I did put it in high gear and rocked it back and forth and got it to kick a couple times. But has seized back up. Any ideas??? Could it be a kicker malfunction??
    • By Shane Pillar
      Talk about what kind of atv you have and what you do with it.
    • By LMI
      Hey all,
      It's been a while since I posted.  Fan trouble and the replacement I sourced on amazon is still working great on my 2005 Suzuki KQ700.
      Unfortunately this year I lost my outdoor best friend.  He's that go to guy for everything … the day run, may walleye opener, last minute hey my boat's at work get your a$$ over here with your rod and let's go kinda buddy.   I bought the quad last year in March and with him gave it the once over and prepped it for fall hunting season, but cancer took him before we could enjoy this new aspect of outdoor life.  We planned an October trip into the bush with our quads guns and tent trailer.   It never happened.   A tribute to our fallen and lost.... But in their memory take the opportunity to grasp every minute of the outdoors you can, life is short... you can sleep at the end...
      I've curious what everyone has been doing to prep for the spring season.  I mounted my battery and the quad started up straight and easy, just powered it up once or twice to juice the injectors and it fired up after a couple of seconds.  I let it run, confirmed fan started, checked charge voltage.  all good. I did all my oils in the fall to make sure no water was present anywhere so skipped that this spring.
      So what have I done over the winter to prep for quadding?  I've been researching.  This year I am going to cross over quading with brook trout fishing.  So I have been pouring over my old maps from my youth, google maps... looking for those faint markings of trails I can't travel in my F150 (well not yet, paint still looks pretty good ).

• By Nick Martini
      Hello all, 
      I haven't had a dirt bike or ATV for years, but a buddy of mine just picked up a raptor 700 and makes me want to get back into the sport. I'm looking for the best bang for my buck utility quad that can go in snow, but also hit some small jumps and trail ride. It would mostly be used for light trail riding; not really any mud holes or jumps around me (Bristol, Massachusetts). My last bike was a 2004 yz125 2 stroke and it was a pain. Every other ride I was doing something to the bike. I'm looking for a utility quad that I can ride for a month without having to touch it. I've done a bit of research so far and it seems like my best bet would be ~2014 Yamaha grizzly 700 with ~1000 miles for about $5,000. I'd love some more opinions from people who are more knowledgeable about the sport. I'm looking to stay around that $5,000 range. Also, there's no trails around me to go more than 40 or 50mph so I'm not too worried about keeping up with the 700.

Thanks,
      Nick
    • By Andrzej Polak
      hi
      Where installing a winch to KINGQUAD ltf300?? someone have any pic?
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By CaliforniaHG
      Being new to this form, I thought I would introduce myself. My name is Chris, and I am currently working at California Hydro Graphics. I use to be an employee at Oregon Hydrographics and also, Waterdog Surface technologies. I decided to go on different endeavors and travel out of my comfort status and take an adventure. Currently California Hydro Graphics is located in Santa Clarita, CA, 2 miles from Six Flags Magic Mountain. With having been in this business since 2005, I am very well educated of the ins and outs of Hydrographics. I will never let a product leave my door, unless i have seen it before shipment, with the upmost, reliable quality and in the same working order it came in the door. So if you're interested in getting some things done, feel free to hit me up, contact information will be below.
      I will be showing off some of the things I have done in the other facilities and current. That way you guys can take a look at my resume, so to speak.
      Hope to chat with ya guys.
      Chris
      [email protected]
    • By cgarrit
      Hello everybody. I've been lurking on your site for about a week now and have already learned alot. I look forward to learning alot more and getting to know everybody.
    • By tfred13
      i was wondering where there is to ride up in chico area?
    • By FourTechIndustries
      Hey guys,
      Just thought i would intorduce myself really fast. My Name is Cody Miller and I am the owner of FourTech Industries. FourTech INdustries is a ATV Based clothing company. We sell Shirts, Stickers, and more. Most our products are Personalized to your liking. We also do other services for others as in Custom made t-shirts, die cut decals, banners, signs, and more!
      Thanks guys!
      Cody
    • By crazycat
      Hello everyone I'm the new kid on the block. I'm from Monterey County in California and just love the sport. I own an Arctic Cat red DVX400 06'. I usually ride at a place called Hollister Hills in Hollister CA. It's the closes place to go riding. I love the atv tracks it has, some jumps where I get some air and speed and yes go CRAZY.