Quantcast

Frankenstein projects

Here are some of the projects that I have been working on for the past few years. Due to a lack of time and the fact that I can't just work on one at a time they are taking a while to complete. The first is the TRX 500R. This is the only one so far that has been somewhat completed, a few times. The frame is completely home made,modeled after an '86 250R. Then I stuffed an '86 CR 500 motor in it. I have made some changes in the past year and a half, the pics where it is white are what it looked like when it was first completed. Since then, I have added a 38mm PWK airstryker, a bit small, but it is good for low end and it's really responsive. I found a pipe that was made for a CR 500 motor in the TRX 250R frame by powerpros. I painted the plastics black (bad idea). I also added 400ex spindles, I had to modify the stock a-arms to get the camber right, and I am working on an adapter to put the R brakes back on. The ex brakes don't quite cut it on a 90+ mph quad.

Next, I have an '85 Chevy S-10 Blazer. I have cut out the ifs and added some full size axles out of an '80 Jeep Wagoneer. Dana 44 in front and an AMC model 20 in rear. It has leaf springs now, but I plan on going to coils in the future, as well as a small block v-8 and probably a 700R4 tranny and transfer case out of a late model full size 4wd.

Finally, some of you trike fans might hate me for this, but I am in the process of mating an old Yamaha Tri-moto 125 to an old leather recliner.

I inherited both from my sister, I was just storing them for her idiot husband, but when he decided to leave her stranded 1200 miles away from home in Ogden, Utah with no money, I decided they were mine.

Here are a few pics of them, I will update this thread as progress is made.

quad004.jpg

Quad002.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

Edited by DirtDemon

• 2 weeks later...
we saw that chair at Little Sahara during sandfest 2007... I still want to build a golf cart like this one... it had a 600cc motorcycle engine in it...

26.jpg

from experience on golfcarts at my lakehouse, if you wanna stunt and go fast and do donuts and stuff. widen it out. because they are VERY tippy most of the time.

ive seen numerous drunken injuries from that.

• 4 weeks later...
for the trike u gunna add some long chopper handle bars? or u gunna keep em short for more control? great projects nice truck r those super swamper tires?

I am planning on some long, ape-hanger bars and putting the throttle and brakes on pedals and the shifter on a hand control by, or in the armrest. I don't want any thing on the handle bars because when I turn the outside grip will move too far away to be able to hold onto. Yes those are super swampers on the blazer. 33x14x16.5 boggers, I was going to go bigger, but I got a great deal on those that I couln't pass up.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THE CHAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would so PIMP that at the Dunes:yes::laugh:

I am going to be picking up a new chopsaw and a pipe bender this weekend, so I can finnish her up, who knows, you may just see it at Florence or Glamis this spring, I'd be happy to let you take it for a spin.

Great project! I would so luv to ride that TRX500R. That Blazer should be a beast when you get finished with it.

I have an 86 Suzuki Samurai that sometime I plan on putting a 3.8ltr V6 into with an automatic. I will probably have to change the axles out too.

That will be a strong motor for a little rig like that. Toyota axles work well in a samurai.

Very cool projects!

The Blazer is freakin' awesome. Definitely want to hear more about it!

Thanks, I am hope fully going to get the tools and parts needed to get that thing in the mud this weekend. Still alot of work to be done, I have to find a tranny to that will bolt up to the 350. I also need to make a few modifications to the crossmembers to allow for the driveline to drop so I can hook the front end up. I also need to replace the rotor, bearings and outer u-joint on the front passenger side. I also need to weld in a roll cage, that is why I cut the top off, I figured it would be easier to put a cage in without the top in the way.

I just ordered a set of Burgard +2 a-arms for the 500R. I also got a brand new set of front shocks from an '08 KFX 450. I think they will work a bit better than Honda 450R shocks because they are only about about 1/4" longer than stock 250R shocks and the Kawi is supposed to have softer suspension than the Honda 450.

I also picked up a new chopsaw, air/hydraulic pipe bender, and drill-press. These will make finnishing the Blazer and the chair-trike alot easier.

I just ordered a set of Burgard +2 a-arms for the 500R. I also got a brand new set of front shocks from an '08 KFX 450. I think they will work a bit better than Honda 450R shocks because they are only about about 1/4" longer than stock 250R shocks and the Kawi is supposed to have softer suspension than the Honda 450.

I also picked up a new chopsaw, air/hydraulic pipe bender, and drill-press. These will make finnishing the Blazer and the chair-trike alot easier.

yes they will, and they wont raise the ride height as much as trx shocks.

Wanna donate those shocks to me:)? 450r ones

Sorry, I don't have any 450R shocks, I only brought them up because alot of people put them on their 250R, I guess most people assume they are the best choice for a cheap upgrade because they are the same brand. I have the stock 250R shocks now and I need something a little newer and more durable to be able to withstand the stress from the longer a-arms.

Here are some of the projects that I have been working on for the past few years. Due to a lack of time and the fact that I can't just work on one at a time they are taking a while to complete. The first is the TRX 500R. This is the only one so far that has been somewhat completed, a few times. The frame is completely home made,modeled after an '86 250R. Then I stuffed an '86 CR 500 motor in it. I have made some changes in the past year and a half, the pics where it is white are what it looked like when it was first completed. Since then, I have added a 38mm PWK airstryker, a bit small, but it is good for low end and it's really responsive. I found a pipe that was made for a CR 500 motor in the TRX 250R frame by powerpros. I painted the plastics black (bad idea). I also added 400ex spindles, I had to modify the stock a-arms to get the camber right, and I am working on an adapter to put the R brakes back on. The ex brakes don't quite cut it on a 90+ mph quad.

Next, I have an '85 Chevy S-10 Blazer. I have cut out the ifs and added some full size axles out of an '80 Jeep Wagoneer. Dana 44 in front and an AMC model 20 in rear. It has leaf springs now, but I plan on going to coils in the future, as well as a small block v-8 and probably a 700R4 tranny and transfer case out of a late model full size 4wd.

Finally, some of you trike fans might hate me for this, but I am in the process of mating an old Yamaha Tri-moto 125 to an old leather recliner.

I inherited both from my sister, I was just storing them for her idiot husband, but when he decided to leave her stranded 1200 miles away from home in Ogden, Utah with no money, I decided they were mine.

Here are a few pics of them, I will update this thread as progress is made.

quad004.jpg

Quad002.jpg

DSCN0051.jpg

DSCN0052.jpg

DSCN0050.jpg

DSCN0015.jpg

DSCN0069.jpg

DSCN0071.jpg

DSCN0072.jpg

I HAD THAT CHAIR IDEA MY SELF BUT I NEVER GOT THAT FAR!:no: LOOKS GOOD DUDE!:biggrin:

Wouldn't be easier to fab a new mount rather than altering the shock.

I guess I could have made that a little clearer. That is what I meant, cut off the old mount from the frame and make new ones. I wouldn't even think of welding on the shock itself, the heat could very easily ruin the shock.