Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mywifeknowseverythin

A new Page in my Book......

Well,,,,,,,After 35 yrs of Riding on 3 Wheels.......

I broke down today and bought a new 08 Raptor 700R......I havent seen it yet, or sat on one but it will be in the Garage next Friday....I stood in my Garage today for Hours just Talkin to my Trikes and trying to find the Best way to break the news..Went through a whole pack of Smokes before I could tell them..They just looked So disgusted with me....I really couldnt even look at them directly:frown: WTF did I just do!!!

MWKE, You need to call me! NOW!!!

Congrats on the quad, you will love it. Hey you are trying new things, why don't you take a trip out here with the family!

Wow, so you are driving a golf cart now. Have you ridden a Raptor before? That will probably be the easiest transition. With all that torque, the front wheels don't like to stay on the ground, just like when you are riding a trike.:yes:

Wow, so you are driving a golf cart now. Have you ridden a Raptor before? That will probably be the easiest transition. With all that torque, the front wheels don't like to stay on the ground, just like when you are riding a trike.:yes:

Negative.....Never been on a Quad other than my Wifes Wolverine....And that was just to go to the Bathroom and Cruise around Camp....:laugh:

I have never had the Desire to ride one....I can still go pretty much anywhere a Quad can where I ride....But....For some strange reason...I woke up and felt I needed something Different...

Anyway,,,,I guess this is what it looks like.....I havent seen it yet:huh:

08_raptor700r_gray_4_6876ea34.jpg

Ok So,,,,,I got to ride the Thing for a Few hours on Sat. with Shasta Mike and Dirtdog......I think Im liking it....Has Power Everywhere ;) Its just too bad my first Experience with it was on the Dirt and Rocks and Mud and Creek Crossing....Did I mention Dirt and Mud??? Freakin Red Clay Leaves a lasting mark :evil: The Suspension is Very Comfy :D Elec. Start, Fuel Inj. is nice as well.....Im sure it will take a while to get used to and Comfortable....

Overall.....Im Happy 8-)

Bot.......One of these Days I will make it out there.....Is there Sand somewhere????:laugh:

Ok So,,,,,I got to ride the Thing for a Few hours on Sat. with Shasta Mike and Dirtdog......I think Im liking it....Has Power Everywhere ;) Its just too bad my first Experience with it was on the Dirt and Rocks and Mud and Creek Crossing....Did I mention Dirt and Mud??? Freakin Red Clay Leaves a lasting mark :evil: The Suspension is Very Comfy :D Elec. Start, Fuel Inj. is nice as well.....Im sure it will take a while to get used to and Comfortable....

Overall.....Im Happy 8-)

Bot.......One of these Days I will make it out there.....Is there Sand somewhere????:laugh:

We have a small sand dune area that is surrounded by Aspen Groves with trails shooting through them and the mountains on the outside of that are covered in trails! AWESOME riding area

I am glad to hear you like it, I'm sure you will able to get comfy with it easy enough. You don't have to feel too bad about it either, it's not like you got rid of the trikes. Just let them know that you still love them and don't let them see how much you like the electric start.

Cool MWKE! I looks very sweet. I would love to ride one. I can't wait until my brother-in-law gets his YFZ 450 rebuilt.

I can't wait until my brother-in-law gets his YFZ 450 rebuilt.

I ran my quad against a fully built YFZ450 at the dunes. It wasn't even funny. He took off so got damn fast you wouldn't f'ing believe it. In a quarter mile straight, he probably beat me by 20-25 yards. I was completely shocked at how fast he was running.(acceleration) I actually went up to him after the race and asked for my nuts back. LOL That's when he told me it was a pro level Baja motor and suspension. I could obviously see the upgraded suspension but I actually laughed half way through the race because how bad he was beating me. (my ride is no slow poke)

Bot that is funny. Sounds like something that would happen to me. My brother-in-law got a good deal on it and now just had to rebuilt it.