Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

crprestridge

2005 Yamaha yfz450 running lean, i think?

i own a 2005 yfz 450 and i think it's running lean. when i get 3/4 to wide open it misses or cuts out. i have a k and n filter, yosh exhaust sytem and is jetted with a moose racing jet kit. main jet is dj132, pilot jet is dpjm048 and needle is set on #4. the fuel aire mixture screw was 1 and a 1/2 turns out but now 2 turns. spark plug is white. what should i do now?

Put a bigger main jet it. What size jets did the kit come with(I'm not familiar with moose brand jets)? The 48p sounds like a normal size, but I'm not sure about main. I used a gytr jet kit that came with my pipe and use main jets between 165-170 and pilots 45 or 48. If you'r screw is out 3 or more turns, you need a bigger jet.

i own a 2005 yfz 450 and i think it's running lean. when i get 3/4 to wide open it misses or cuts out. i have a k and n filter, yosh exhaust sytem and is jetted with a moose racing jet kit. main jet is dj132, pilot jet is dpjm048 and needle is set on #4. the fuel aire mixture screw was 1 and a 1/2 turns out but now 2 turns. spark plug is white. what should i do now?

Did any of the Suggestions fix your problem.....Everyone was right on top of it.....

Your Main jet Controls 3/4 to WOT......

Also,,,,,,,Make sure that the Float is set right..... To high will make it run Rich....Too low will make it run lean....When you do plug Chops......Make sure you use a new Spark Plug, Clean Air Filter and New Gas....If you can figure out a way to mark the 4 Different Positions of your Throttle location when you are Tuning it will be easier to identify the problem area for jetting....

The air screw is most effective between idle through 1/8 throttle.

The pilot (slow) jet 1/8 through 1/4 throttle.

The slide 1/8 through 1/2 throttle

The jet needle 1/4 through 3/4 throttle.

The main jet 3/4 through wide-open throttle

Check how you have you slide installed compare it to a service manual diagram. The design Yamaha used makes it easy to put the slide plates in backwards or upside down either way you'll get erratic running issues.

Guest michealwaiting

Was curious if it got better?

i had a friend of mine re-jet the carb. but yes, it is running alot better. done a few more things to it since but still haven't gone into the motor except to degree the exhaust cam back a bit.

i had a friend of mine re-jet the carb. but yes, it is running alot better. done a few more things to it since but still haven't gone into the motor except to degree the exhaust cam back a bit.

Glad to hear you solved your by re-jetting the carb. Did you install a larger main jet?