Quantcast

Who here Still Rides on 3????

Works has two replacement options for the 350X.

One is a shock with reservoir.

The other is a shock without a reservoir. Even though there is no reservoir Works claims this shock will out perform the OEM shock. Im sure it will considering the stock shock is over 25yrs old.

A couple of years ago I purchased a polished rear shock for my X. I never got a chance to install it. I think I want to send it out to make sure all the parts are in good condition. It looks quite sweet all polished up. It would compliment my coated swingarm.

Im not sure. My swinger isn't chromed. It has a ceramic coating on it that looks like satin polished aluminum. The high temp coating doesn't serve any purpose on the swingarm. I wanted to get it coated so it would match the head pipe and the rest of the polished aluminum on my bike. Too bad I need to buy another swingarm because after rebuilding and coating the rear I saw the rear skidplate bracket was bent all to hell. So, Im going to put the swingarm on my 86X and get another swingarm for my 85X and start over.

I know when I was looking to get my Quad's wheels chromed I was looking at some big bills to do it. So much I decided not to bother.

IMG_00861a.jpg

IMG_00871.jpg

IMG_00861a.jpg.5b90e9b5892f8d2bd03e1a680ff7e26d.jpg

IMG_00871.jpg.0b770b47860d037815925888efff5eeb.jpg

Edited by GeoD

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have one just like it.

You can buy a seat cover on ebay for 39.95 but check your seat frame- the way these rigs were built the seat frames rust out really badly. Mine is so ructed that I'm gonna have to punch holes in the bottom of the new cover and lace it on underbeath like lacing boots... There is no metal laft to attach it onto. We'll make it work...

I have one just like it.

You can buy a seat cover on ebay for 39.95 but check your seat frame- the way these rigs were built the seat frames rust out really badly. Mine is so ructed that I'm gonna have to punch holes in the bottom of the new cover and lace it on underbeath like lacing boots... There is no metal laft to attach it onto. We'll make it work...

yea my seat pan is kinda wrecked but i dont know where i can get a new one so guess ill have to make it work

I've been looking for a seat pan for months! they're just not out there. If Honda had put a couple drain holes under there this would not be a problem...

Prob should cover that before the foam wears out/falls apart. the foam is EXPENSIVE!

yea im gonna go grab a new cover for it probly right after the holidays then just gotta come up with some cash for the new rear fenders $$$$$ Pricey but worth it in the end result

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Forum Topics

• By JacobSlabach
      So I have rebuilt two top end's now and going through the process of a third.  I'm confused about how high the compression should be on these atv engines, and if low compression, what should be replaced or checked and how?  And as far as smoking, how to tell what is the issue there as well.  The first rebuild i did was on a kawasaki 300 and it turned out ok...  I realize that I adjusted the valve clearance on the exhaust stroke rather than the compression stroke which caused a tick.  nut the thing that got me was one both rebuilds, the compession reading didnt really change that much.  I've heard that engines should have over 100psi compression, yet have never seen 100psi reached on my tester by any engine.
      this thread is open to any top end questions btw.
    • By Resurgence Small Engine Inc.
      Something to think about if you have cooling coming out of that hole in the bottom of your engine! One of the damaged components on this engine was pitting on the water pump impeller shaft. This would have caused the coolant to leak out of the engine crankcase and probably was the root cause of its failure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cacO8F5wLRg
    • By Charles Riley Tandy Jr.
      Im a student of a university were are engineering a utv, we are going to redisign a standard transmission from a quad or a utv and implement it into the design. The overall weight will be around 300-400lbs run by a 300cc b&s.
      my main concern is what utv or atv would be best to steal the guts from transmission suited to withhold the weight and geared right. any suggestion would be great except cvt not what we want thanks
    • By toonces
      Just got my first ATV, a '11 700 Grizz and planning on doing some trail riding soon. First piece of equipment I'm adding is a winch and I'm needing some suggestions for something that would be good for my kind of riding but comes at a decent price. Usually I try to get quality stuff (Warn) but since I'm needing to conserve denero right now I figure this winch is something that (at least for me) doesn't have to be crazy great/expensive. Although I'd still like to get something that's decent quality and can pull well, in my middle age I hardly think I'll be voluntarily launching into any terrain that has the potential to get me too stuck...thus I doubt I'll be using the winch that often.
      Anybody have a suggestion for a model that's decent quality for around say $300 bucks? Doesn't have to be built to be used time after time but quality does still count.
      Thanks
    • By mywifeknowseverythin
      A Friend of mine has a Brother that is walking from San Diego to New York to raise money for Breast Cancer....
      Here is the Web site if you wish to follow his Travels....
      '
      Just thought it was neat that someone would do something like that