Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

I am Mike and just joined this board. Im 41 and own a 2007 Arctic Cat 400 4X4 LE and a Kymco Mongoose 250. (girlfriends ride) Aside from riding my interests include abandoned railroad exploring (hence my username) skiing, model trains, railfanning, hiking. I am also an officer of our local ATV club.

Two pictures from one of my favorite riding places, SSRT.

Mike

Welcome to QuadCrazy Mike...railroad exploring is a great hobby, i love exploring the railroads behind my house,,so many miles and so many different places, and sites to see..

Glad you could make it here Mike. Hey, I gotta ask, what is railfanning? (I hope it isnt' a dumb question)

Glad you could make it here Mike. Hey, I gotta ask, what is railfanning? (I hope it isnt' a dumb question)

Railfanning is watching or photographing running trains. Can be anything from historical ones (like steamtown's trains) to modern day locomotives.

Here are two pictures of the tracks by my house, all I had was my crappy cell phone camera but this is a pair of ex-Delaware & Hudson's RS-3 units that are still in use by the regional railroad (Delaware-Lackawanna) These units are actually considered historical and the railroad now owns FOUR of them and all are in active use. The engineer saw me and revved the engine to blow this puff of smoke.

Mike

PS: Attachments didn't work

Edited by mikeexplorer

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

Are you trying to attach the images? Did it not work? You can also try using a free service like photobucket and just paste the url here.

Hey Mike glad to see you here. Just found out that I can't ride this weekend. A client wants to meet me at 10 so the trip to SSRT is out. :mad:

Hey Mike glad to see you here. Just found out that I can't ride this weekend. A client wants to meet me at 10 so the trip to SSRT is out. :mad:

That sucks, Michelle is going with me so the pace will be slower anyway.

Mike

Welcome to QUADCRAZY!

Are you trying to attach the images? Did it not work? You can also try using a free service like photobucket and just paste the url here.

I tried attachments, but after uploading it said they were not valid images :confused:

They are JPG images.

I have an original 1942 lionell set sitting in my garage, so many locomotives and enough track to fill a basement, houses and stuff, but it off me :D lol

I have an original 1942 lionell set sitting in my garage, so many locomotives and enough track to fill a basement, houses and stuff, but it off me :D lol

I did a around the wall layout with my Lionel Train set. I mounted it 12 inches below the ceiling in my living room. One side as a passing siding, the opposing side has a spur track to switch equipment. Eventually I plan to have it exit the living room and run through the kitchen area.

Mike

Welcome to the site! I have a family friend in Tucson,AZ that has a train set up in his backyard. Model train enthusiast come from all over to see his set up. Here are a few pics of his set up.

GRC_1re.jpg

GRC_3re.jpg

GRC_4re.jpg

If you are ever in the area of Tucson stop by and see Gary Martin. It's not hard to locate him when in Tucson.

Here is a small video of one he created for the Botanical Gardens in Tucson,

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxPLxg2FtSw]YouTube - Train at Tucson Botanical Gardens[/ame]