Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

very unhappy with first test trial of 07 vinson 500

Tazman6789

ok so i bought a 07 suzuki vinson brand new from the dealer. i currently have 120 miles on it thats all. Took my atv out so Tionesta, PA this weekend about a 2 1/2 hour trip. It rained on sat for about an hour, mean time my atv sat under a tree wating for the cold rain to go away. So rain stops wipe the very little amount of water off the atv. go to fire it up gauges come on push start button. Hear the starter relay hum and no start... ok maybe just battery low. pull start and go on my way. get 2 seconds down the trail. Hit my brakes and my gauge cluster shuts off and flickers and goes crazy. let off the brakes it comes back on... continues doing this for about 8 hours. night time rolls around go for a night ride. same ordeal no elec start and gauges not working but now my headlights are barely on and flickering... i thought atvs were suppose to take a beating and keep on rolling. this gets a lil rain on it and goes haywire. Isnt the cluster suppose to be waterproof or at least water resistant? any suggestions what to do with this thing? im very unhappy with it right now. Should i just take back to dealer and shove it down his throat for selling me this or what? i have what the dealer called a 6 month bumper to bumper warranty? any suggestions would be great. Thanks for any help

now that its dried out for a day it acts like nothing happened making me think its a wire short some place all gauges work starts fine works great... even before the trip i noticed after i let the atv sit for a week or so it wouldn't elec start it would just make the relay hum like the battery was almost dead. Thought nothing of it till this weekend when it wouldnt stop doing that. Guess ill get it wet and take it back to dealer even tho the dealer i got it from was a bunch of idiots in the first place. guy didnt even know to check the coolant level before they send out a brand new machine...

ok so i bought a 07 suzuki vinson brand new from the dealer. i currently have 120 miles on it thats all. Took my atv out so Tionesta, PA this weekend about a 2 1/2 hour trip. It rained on sat for about an hour, mean time my atv sat under a tree wating for the cold rain to go away. So rain stops wipe the very little amount of water off the atv. go to fire it up gauges come on push start button. Hear the starter relay hum and no start... ok maybe just battery low. pull start and go on my way. get 2 seconds down the trail. Hit my brakes and my gauge cluster shuts off and flickers and goes crazy. let off the brakes it comes back on... continues doing this for about 8 hours. night time rolls around go for a night ride. same ordeal no elec start and gauges not working but now my headlights are barely on and flickering... i thought atvs were suppose to take a beating and keep on rolling. this gets a lil rain on it and goes haywire. Isnt the cluster suppose to be waterproof or at least water resistant? any suggestions what to do with this thing? im very unhappy with it right now. Should i just take back to dealer and shove it down his throat for selling me this or what? i have what the dealer called a 6 month bumper to bumper warranty? any suggestions would be great. Thanks for any help

Did you get this problem worked out? I just bought the same quad, brand new and zero probs out of mine...I assume yours was a leftover from 2007 like mine.

• 2 weeks later...

no i have to take it to the dealer problem im having is i work until 5 every night by time i go home load up and get out to dealer they're closed. ill get it out there eventually. hope its something stupid cause the atv runs like a champ besides the elec problems. Tried starting again lastnight and it wouldnt elec start so we'll see

well i feel like a dummy know. decided to clean it up today befor taking it to the dealer. decided to pop the seat off and check out under there... well dumb a$$ me should have checked here in the first place. The spot where the fuses and starter relay are under the seat were completely submerged in water the drain plug was pluged up cause somehow a ton of woodchips and crap got under there and blocked the drain. let the water all drain out and let it dry... SURPRISE it all works again including the elec start. also the negative battery terminal had a lil bit of crud on it again im going to have to put terminal protector on them.... oh well