Quantcast

2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 DIESEL

Ajmboy

2009 Kawasaki Mule 4010 4x4 DIESEL

mule-4010-4x4-diesel.jpg

Already a proven performer with its reliable and robust diesel engine, automatic transmission, tilting cargo bed, and selectable four-wheel drive, the Kawasaki Mule™ 4010 4x4 Diesel utility vehicle now mates its muscular yet agile workhorse capabilities with an all-new rugged appearance. The truck-like look of this off-road performer belies the ease of handling made possible by its electric power steering (EPS).

The EPS offers a more controlled ride by reducing steering effort at low speeds and harnessing its electric motor’s inertia to dampen much of the bump steer and kickback caused by impacts to the wheel. Electrically driven, the motor is controlled by an Electronic Control Unit (ECU) that uses input from a vehicle speed sensor and torque sensor to determine the amount of assistance provided by the system. This system works immediately after the engine is started, yet doesn’t create a power drain on the engine.

The new bodywork on the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel utility vehicle is similar in style to many modern pick-up trucks that are often working alongside the Mule. The body panels are durable, color-molded plastic that helps hide scuffing. The front hood of the Mule 4010 Diesel can be lifted with the pull of a dash-mounted knob to reveal a now deeper storage space, which also has convenient D-rings to secure cargo. Located beneath the front bumper are winch-ready tabs for an easy winch installation.

At the core of the Mule 4010 4x4 Diesel is its liquid-cooled, 953cc three-cylinder diesel engine that produces high torque at low engine rpm. The diesel engine is matched to the Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS). It’s a continuously variable transmission (CVT) that features a high and low range, reverse, and helps keep engine rpm in the most efficient range for any selected="true"="true"="true"="true"="true"="true" vehicle speed, load, or terrain. It yields a wide drive ratio spread for ample pulling power and quick acceleration. Large torque converters maximize belt engagement area and improve heat dissipation, boost strength and durability, and are aided by the use of a thick, strong drive belt and sheaves with high silicon-type material.

Kawasaki Mule 4010 Diesel 4x4 Specifications

Engine Four-stroke, liquid-cooled, three-cylinder, overhead valve diesel

Displacement 953cc

Bore x stroke 72 x 78mm

Compression ratio 24.8:1

Air filter Snorkel-type with cyclone-type two-stage dry replaceable element

Oil filter Automotive-type spin-on canister

Ignition Compression with glow plugs for starting

Electrical 12V DC, 52 amp-hour battery, 40 amp alternator

Transmission Kawasaki Automatic Power-Drive System (KAPS), with reverse, dual range, 2WD/4WD

Final drive Shaft, selectable four-wheel drive with dual-mode rear differential

Exhaust Muffler with USFS-approved spark arrestor

Tires 23x11-10 tubeless

Front suspension / wheel travel Independent, MacPherson strut / 3.9 in.

Rear suspension / wheel travel Semi-independent, De Dion axle with leaf springs and shocks / 2.8 in.

Steering Electric power steering assisted rack-and-pinion

Brakes Four-wheel hydraulic drums, sealed

Fuel capacity 6.4 gal.

Dry weight 1,598 lbs.

Overall length 118.3 in.

Overall width 62.0 in.

Overall height 75.8 in.

Wheelbase 73.6 in.

Ground clearance 6.9 in.

Roll over protective structure (ROPS) This structure meets ROPS requirements for wheeled tractors under SAE J1194, 7.1.1, 7.1.2, and 7.5. This structure also meets FMVSS 216 Roof Crush resistance requirement

Cargo bed dimensions (LxWxH) 46.3 x 51.6 x 11.3 in. / 15.6 cu. ft.

Load capacity 1,632 lbs.

Cargo bed capacity 1,100 lbs.

Towing capacity 1,200 lbs.

Turning radius 11.2 ft.

Top speed 25 mph, governed

Instruments Parking brake warning light, coolant temperature warning light, horn, 12V DC outlet, (2) 5/21-watt taillight/brake light, (2) 35-watt sealed-beam headlight, speedometer

Color choices Woodsman Green or Dark Royal Red

Good Times™ Protection Plan 12 or 24 months

Warranty 12 Months

* Note: Specifications and pricing are subject to change.

• 2 weeks later...