Quantcast

• Join Today, It's Simple and FREE!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

mudvayne110238

2004 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4 problem

My brother has an 04 Scrambler 500 4x4. The other day I was riding it and I notice when I had it in 2wd and would give it a lot of throttle, 4wd would engage. I know when the AWD button is on and the rear tires spin/ loose traction its supose to engage. The whole time we've owned it, once we put in AWD, it's all time 4wd, it wouldn't engage when the tires spin. I dont know if it's supose to be like this or what. Any ideas?

Thanks

Doesn't sound right to me, 2wd should be 2wd. Mudvayne kicks ass by the way. I saw them a couple months ago, they were awesome.

Exactly. I post this somewhere else and a guy said to change hub fluid. So I did and it helped, but it still does a little bit. So figured I'll just change a few more times. ..I havent got the chance to see them in concert yet. Last time I was supose to In Peoria, but had work.:aargh:

I heard someone tell me once that there is a limited split AWD engage...but if it's not on in AWD...then it shouldn't engage, I would think.

Right. When you put it in AWD, its supose to tell when the rear tires loose traction, then the AWD kicks in. I'm going to try the hub fluid later today again and see what happens.

Thanks

Well I read somewhere that you could put ATF fluid. So i didn't have any Polaris hub fluid at the time. So i filled it with that for a day, then went and got some Polaris Hub fluid. I'm filling it up intill it trickles out when the fill holes at a 4 or 8 oclock. What the manual says.

Bump....

* Adjusted thread title with year.

yea u can use automatic transmission fluid it had to be type f fluid...9 o'clock position is right...u might have a short in the wires leading the hubs..possibly

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.