Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV? Join our Forum!

As a member, you can post in our forums, upload your photos and videos, use and contribute to our downloads, create your own member page, add your ATV events, and even start your own ATV club to host your own club forum and gallery.  Registration is fast and you can even login with social network accounts to sync your profiles and content.

chadtheman

HELP!!! Stalling Problem w/2005 Suzuki King Quad 700

here's the deal, was riding it all day long, i started noticing a random popping noise coming out of the exhaust pipe, was anything to loud but would randomly do that. After about 3 hours of riding the bike started to hestiate, did that a few times so i just started to give it more gas and then i came to a stop and it was like the bike was misfiring or something and then it would stall. It was doing that for a few times, would keep stalling. Then i tried to start it up and it wouldnt start just kept cranking and cranking. then if i turned the key off and let it sit for a minute or to it would start back up. Then when i continued to ride it seemed like the bike didnt have any power and kept wanting to stall. i would put it into neutral and rev it up and it seemed to do a little better. Not sure what the problem is. I havent messed with it yet but i figured i would put this on here first to get some quich pointers or to see if anyone else had this same problem. I have no fi light or anything comming on.

Edited by Ajmboy

Could be a few things.

Check your air filter and make sure it's not clogged.

Could be a bad injector.

Could be a bad fuel pump.

* Added manufacturer to your thread title.

I agree with Ajmboy, first thing I would check is the air cleaner. You have described exactly what happens when the filter gets wet or dirty on my LTR.

Did you ever find the source of the stalling issue ? Im asking because only today I encountered the same issue. I went for a 40 mile ride and the bike stalled about 1/3 distance. When shut down and placed in Neutral it would start and continue for a distance depending upon how hot it got. Ive checked coolant, air filter and now have removed the spark plug but nothing obvious comes to light. Id appreciate any clues you may provide. Thanks in advance.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By mikeexplorer
      PA Residents, please take a moment to send an email supporting this to [email protected]
      https://www.erienewsnow.com/story/41590987/proposed-changes-on-the-way-for-riding-atvs-on-state-forest-trails?fbclid=IwAR1EXkgtnRenBzFAKG5h1IOs7xDrNg6iedYSALckbjx2F5ZPjwdDFFij6Jc#.Xic-MeQ7aXY.facebook
      This week, the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (DCNR) plans to outline proposed policy changes for ATV trails on state forest lands.  They will also be seeking public comment.
      Pennsylvania has more than 260 miles of ATV trails in state forests. The department is reviewing its policy to respond to increasing demands for riding opportunities and well as interest from local governments in expanding tourism.
      “The purpose of the policy is to provide guidance to DCNR when acquiring, developing and managing lands for ATV use by the public,” Secretary Cindy Adams Dunn said.
      There had been a moratorium on new trail development, but the policy revisions now authorize DCNR to consider new ATV trails and connectors on state forest lands.
      “New ATV trails will be considered, while still balancing the protection of natural resources as outlined in the Environmental Rights Amendment to the Pennsylvania Constitution, and the needs of all types of recreational users on DCNR lands,” Dunn said.
      In a 2016 survey of ATV users, more than 4,800 responded with many indicating a strong desire for more long-distance trails. Pennsylvania has around 285,000 registered ATVs. On state forest lands, ATV riding is allowed only on designated trails.
      Public comment will be taken at a meeting in Harrisburg Wednesday, January 22, from 10 a.m. to noon in Room 105 of the Rachel Carson State Office Building. Written comments can be submitted to [email protected]
      The deadline to submit comments is March 27.
      More information about ATV riding is on the DCNR website.

• By MarkinAR
      Can you believe this thing blew a new head gasket after a few weekend rides? Granted, it was beat on in a mud hole every weekend, but this is a new head gasket on a 400 Kodiak. Bummer. 

• By George Henry
      I just watched this video I made ten years ago.  It made me laugh.  I was riding a 1985 Honda ATC 200X.  It's hard to film yourself so I had to position the camera to film me.  May flies out th wazoo, but I HAD to ride.  I hope you get a laugh.
      Here is the link: 
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNfAPe3NIg4
    • By Relais22
      "Greetings from LaTuque Quebec! Please come and visit us at Relais 22 this summer, and bring your ATV. We have special prices and 10% off gas for you this summer. Thanks! Click here: ATV Holiday in Canada"

• By JacobSlabach
      got 7 atvs off CL recently for a good price.  one of which is a yamaha warrior.  anyone know where the vin is printed on this bike?  Haha good place to start as I do not know year or size yet.  The former owner says needs exhaust ans and clutch work.  he said it ran fine until the clutch cable broke and then I couldn't get the new cable adjusted right and it would grind gears.  things I see:  clutch cable locked up again, no brakes, carb leaking (green with algae around the bowl and has gelled gas stalagtights on it), aftermarket exhaust melted the airbox so I need something different and a new air box.  I would like the use the current exhaust if I can but I have a feeling its a redneck fix as it looks like there is an ace bandage holding it to the exhaust pipe (its an aftermarket slip-on exhaust), so I'm not sure about that- lets get the bike running first.  also, battery (looks brand new, what a shame) is dead, 0 volts.  Otherwise, bike looks to have not been wrecked, and plastics are ok (it sat outside under a 'tarp' for 3+ years since it was run last).  any tips and advise on where to start first would be awesome as this is my first clutched bike (manual).
      the clutch is my main concern- I've never rode a clutched bike so I dont even know what its supposed to feel like.  lol I'm spoiled on my automatic polaris 
  • Similar Tagged Content

• By mikeexplorer
      Wiring diagram for 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4

• By Admin
      View File 2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4 Wiring Diagram
      2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4 Wiring Diagram
      Submitter Admin Submitted 06/29/2019 Category Arctic Cat ATV  
    • By Admin
      2007 Arctic Cat 700 EFI 4x4 Wiring Diagram
    • By x
      It's time to replace the shocks and struts.  Looking for some stiffer springs than the OEM as I use this for farm work and I put heavy loads on the rear and haul small trailers frequently.  I've seen a couple aftermarket offerings that say they're 10% or so heavier duty.  Any other options for something a little stronger / stiffer?  Thanks.
    • By LMI
      The saga of the fan continues.
      The Pin attempt in the fan shaft failed.  I then moved on to trying to weld the fan hub to the fan shaft.  I took it for a run the weld broke.  Now it was truly F'ed.  To recap the dealer price, they want $400 + CND for a replacement fan assembly.
      I searched all sorts of after market places and no one carried one.  Ebay had some used ones but they were $120 USD + Conversion rate for something as old as what I have.  I went to Amazon and eventually settled on this.

amazon link

What I found... and was amazed... was that the fan mounted to the Suzuki fan assembly bracket.  I was prepared to manufacture my own mount conversions...  It also came with "Harpoon mounts" (nylon zip tie like things that go straight through the rad.   Anyways it mounted to the original bracket. It fit perfectly.  Cut the electrical plug off replaced it with the Suzuki... all good.  Let the quad heat up, thermo coupler kicked in the fan circuit, polarity was right... all was good....  Fan is under the circuit fuse rating.  

so I finally have a solid fan solution.  $34 CND vs $400+ CND