Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV or UTV? Join our Forum!

Join QUADCRAZY ATV Forum today for FREE! We keep these forums clean and user friendly. All first posters will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first post is approved, you will no longer need to got through an approval process. To gain immediate approval and a NO ADS experience, consider subsribing to our Premium Membership.

New here

deano5x

• 6 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Topics

• By Johnnyhorsepower
      I finally found an awsome app for your phone that shows you on a map all the trails near your location. You can read or add reviews, look at picts...etc
      Its called: atv escape

John
    • By Tjp5093
      I need help identifying where this little part came from in my 02 Honda forman case. It looks like it's steel and broke off of something. It was having shift issues. Not sure if it's related or not. I will pay whoever can tell me where it came from.$$$$$$$$$$$

• By LT-4WDinNY
      I got the side cover off, learned how to put the subtransmission back together. I took the nut off the crank. Grabbed the new flywheel puller. Put the small piece on to protect the crank shaft end, and the flywheel fell off on its own??? So that was weird. I then looked and tested the starter one way clutch. It wasn't in pieces like I had seen on others on YouTube. It only turns in the one correct direction as indicated by the arrow. However, it looks like maybe it is slipping under load? Is that possible?

I know that it was very difficult to pull start since I bought it back in 2001. The guy I bought from had the receipts on a recent engine rebuild by our local Suzuki dealer in the $1200 range because they put the oil filter in backwards. Anyhow, I am trying to make it easier for my kids to ride. I think I verified that the starter clutch was bad by removing the electric starter, then it would pull start normal...

I took pictures of the one way clutch and the CALTRIC replacement parts I bought off Amazon. Looking closer, appears to be heavy wear on the metal pieces in the clutch and scratches on the starter gear surface that goes inside the clutch. I am going to replace the OEM parts with the CALTRIC brand parts off Amazon.

However, I found some other discerning things behind the flywheel. Looks like the center case has cracks, and one broken off tab with the other 2 worn? Also it looks like some scraping inside the case bottom right... assume from when the post broke off.  The post was NOT in the case, so probably occurred prior to the Suzuki Dealer rebuild.  Also some discoloring on the crankshaft and back of starter clutch.  Again, putting in the CALTRIC brand replacements for the starter clutch and starter gear as a set.
      Thanks!
      Bruce

• By bigbossjake
      We ride at Trace Lake State Park in Ponotoc, MS and Stony Lonesome Park in Alabama.  Does anyone have any other place to ride in MS/AL?
    • By Hungus
      Hey guys, I know a 2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 5 speed single range transmission is model: YFM400FM
      But what is the model designation for: 
      2000 Yamaha Big Bear 400 4x4 "Professional" 5 speed dual range transmission...   YFM400F??
      VIN decoders don't seem to work for this Yamaha I picked up.
  • Gallery Images