Quantcast

• Do you own an ATV, UTV or SxS? Join our Community Forum!

QUADCRAZY ATV Community and Forum are FREE to join! We keep our ATV, UTV, and SxS forums clean and user friendly. All first time posters in our forums will have to wait to have their content reviewed and approved. Once your first ten posts are approved, you will no longer need to go through a forum post approval process. To bypass the approval process with immediate access and a NO ADS experience in our ATV, SxS, and UTV forums, consider subsribing to a Premium Membership

1989 Suzuki LT 250 4wd - No Spark

Bud03420

what year and cc motor is this bike?

some need a battery and some don't. i would start looking at your wiring and see if there is any broken wires and the connections are good. check and make sure the kill switch is in the run position too. i might have a manual for you if you tell us the year and size ...

Its a lt4wd 250cc not sure of the year what am I looking for in the vin

to figure year out

I posted this in general before I see in there is a suzuki forum so asking here because I'll probly get better results I just got a lt4wd its a 250cc not $ure of year

Im not getting any spark when pull starting dse it have o have a batery to get spark

And in the vin wha thankst am I looking for to find our year

I posted this in general before I see in there is a suzuki forum so asking here because I'll probly get better results I just got a lt4wd its a 250cc not $ure of year

Im not getting any spark when pull starting dse it have o have a batery to get spark

And in the vin wha thankst am I looking for to find our year

it's ok, i moved this and merged your other post. now i'll delete the other thread...

Suzuki VIN Decoder @ Motoverse.com

just enter your vin in there and it will tell you everything

The one im workin on is a 1989 I also have a 98 javent started lookin at it yet I have limited @orkspace due to my bayou im rebuilding and my hnda xl185s im restoring

figured it out cdi is bad thats why it worth it to get a manual they tell you what to check and if it dont read right there you go now im in need of part number 32900-19b00 please let me know good places to check of course ive checked ebay but the cheapest one is 75 bucks and they dont know if it works and no returns

Edited by Bud03420
figured it out

• 2 weeks later...

ok so ive decided at giving building a new cdi from scratch sence a new cost over 300 and you never know what your getting used so any tips would be very helpful ive got circuit testing software and looks like i have it working i just need to know the volts and hertz coming out of the w/l white and blue wire on the cdi thats going to the coil mine is dead so i cannot test it

most of these do not have to have a battery to have spark. the key things to look at are, the ignition switch and wiring, the kill switch and wiring, and of course the ignition components and wiring. it is a very simple system. there is a signal generator (which takes the place of points), a charge coil (to build electricity to make the spark), and the cdi box (which stores the energy and controls the spark timing), and an ignition coil. the source coil will generate around 60-110 volts, the pulse generating coil will generate about 1-1.7 volts, the rest is up to the box and ignition coil. the quick way is to check the ignition coil wires and see if you are getting voltage there when the engine is cranked. if you get upwards of 80 volts (ac), the rest of the system is working. the kill switches USUALLY ground out the current, but once in a while, you will find one that needs to be closed to complete the circuit. i can not remember any of the older Suzuki's using this style.

• 7 years later...

I have the same problem with mine only I don't even have the CDI module to start with I wanted to try and wire in one of the Chinese CDI boxes but my signal coil and my charge coil both have two wires coming out of them the Chinese CDI boxes I have I believe are designed to ground one end of each coil thereby leaving only a total of two wires coming out the charge and the pulse

• 2 months later...

i have never seen one of those. what i do know, is that it may get your quad to run, but it will NEVER run like it should, because every engine has its own ignition advance curve. and a generic CDI will have a generic curve, IF ANY. i KNOW CDI boxes are expensive, but it actually controls the way that the engine makes power. accurate timing is a must have just like accurate fuel mixture.